It's truly shocking ... Retiring ?
Old 2014-10-19, 07:58   Link #1422
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh man ...
It's truly shocking ... Retiring ?
Well, yeah, if he ever lose again. He will be retiring. I think that's a good motivation.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 18:49   Link #1423
ShiroiRyu

Wowow ...
Don't make me afraid like that ... please.
Old 2016-09-14, 04:53   Link #1424
LevelSeven

ch. 1152 (yes, the story is STILL going on )

the sad-train keeps going, ippo went sitting several times and takamura knows what is going on:
Spoiler for my god :(:

i didnt expect that, i really wonder how long it will take for ippo to recover, maybe another 10 or 20 chapters,
so than he will train and etc etc, mostlikely at ch.1200 (i cant belive the sheer amount of chapters XD) he will finally use his perfected demsey roll
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 06:36   Link #1425
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ch. 1152 (yes, the story is STILL going on )

the sad-train keeps going, ippo went sitting several times and takamura knows what is going on:
Spoiler for my god :(:

i didnt expect that, i really wonder how long it will take for ippo to recover, maybe another 10 or 20 chapters,
so than he will train and etc etc, mostlikely at ch.1200 (i cant belive the sheer amount of chapters XD) he will finally use his perfected demsey roll
Another 10 or 20 years
Old 2016-09-14, 07:58   Link #1426
LevelSeven

^you are right, the development should be "realistic" (even the chars of WT develop faster XD)

but props to the story, it is the only one who i know that got more than 1000 chapters without needing to change its title and create different "manga seasons"
Old 2016-09-25, 14:08   Link #1427
LevelSeven

ch 1153

this was by FAR the most incredible chapter since....5 or 6 years, i mean....just...WOW!!!!
seriously...seeing ippo in such a state was...i cant say how it was, as if you suddenly see naruto finally understanding that the humans are a-holes and that nothing, not friendship or anything else will change that,
this is the kind of feeling this chapter gave me, just....WOW!
ippo at breaking point...

to everyone who stopped reading, please only read THIS CHAPTER, only this one and if you are still not interested than i guess you can more or less drop this forever :/

ch1154

ippo somehow cheating a test, good stuff, but he needs to rest for one month, and what does he do?
training like a maniac, people think he has brain damage and tell him to stop boxing and go to the gym for a month and he is still running and doing his exercise...what does he think "resting" means?
Old 2016-09-25, 20:18   Link #1428
tsunade666

I'm still reading this. This is one of my favorite manga and its better than the shounen jump mainstream but the development of the story is slow. I read it usually after 10-20 chapters or sometimes, even after 50-70 chapters. Especially in the middle of an important fight.

I liked the latest chapter. Its shows mental growth and development but I think Ippo is still hesitating. He is probably not injured but he is not taking it seriously? mentally in a way that Takamura wants him to be. A being beyond human normal understanding.

Takamura might not say is straight on his face but he is giving hints. Ippo is just plain old slow. If he finally crosses that line. That is when he starts moving onward but its typical ippo to hesitate and have doubts and problems. I just hope it won't take 2017 before its fixed.
Old 2016-09-26, 02:56   Link #1429
LevelSeven

^wow, i thought i was the only one, i usually also waited until 10 or so chapters but since the updates stopped for a long time my rythm got messed up, now im always reading the chapters that are present, and wow, 1153 was great

but if he wasnt injured that the incident in his home cant be explained, i guess it is in reality a temporary aftereffect, mostlikely the damage isnt forever but he must let his body take a long break otherwise it should become worse :/

i wonder how ippo would change if he crosses the line, right now boxing is his hobby and dream but the ones who crossed the line dont have anything except for boxing, ippo would mostlikely stop thinking "if boxing wont work i will simply o back to do the family business"
but with how the story is going i guess we will get 2 or 3 chapters of ippo being emo, than he gets cheered up by his girlfriend (hell at which point will they finally make it official?) so that we will have a new ippo at most at end of the 11th or the beginning of the 12th month
Old 2016-09-26, 03:31   Link #1430
ChuckE
Provoker

Well he might as well end as Joe but it will take more fights
Old 2016-09-26, 05:52   Link #1431
LevelSeven

^Joe? you mean this old-style boxing manga? i never started that actually, is it good? i would even start it if it is half as good as 200-700 chapter ippo ^_^
Old 2016-09-26, 09:37   Link #1432
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
^Joe? you mean this old-style boxing manga? i never started that actually, is it good? i would even start it if it is half as good as 200-700 chapter ippo ^_^
Yup. It is definitely worth reading. Art might be lacking(it put me off on my first attempt) but the story is beautiful and complete.
Old 2016-09-26, 12:54   Link #1433
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
ch1154

ippo somehow cheating a test,
I don't think he cheated, the symptoms just come and go and he was "lucky".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:38   Link #1434
LevelSeven

imo the only way he got a straight line was if he started and stopped for "breathing" and than started again, only the night before that he failed completly, and given that he was way more nervous i dont think he could have done much better
Old 2016-09-26, 15:56   Link #1435
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
imo the only way he got a straight line was if he started and stopped for "breathing" and than started again, only the night before that he failed completly, and given that he was way more nervous i dont think he could have done much better
If that was what it was, the coach wouldn't have accepted it. And it would have zigzagged a lot more.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 16:03   Link #1436
LevelSeven

^it is possible to do it if you concentrate hard enough, imo it is at least a better explanation than him suddenly being able to draw a correct line all of a sudden :/
Old 2016-09-26, 23:17   Link #1437
dragon1412

TBH, punch drunk by nature, is something developed over the years and only commonly started to appear only after around 10 years of fighter's career, So if Ippo only got it recently, concentrated really hard could easily help him write a straight line.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 23:37   Link #1438
LevelSeven

^oh, ok, i thought the symptoms are always present even in the early stages
Old 2016-09-27, 00:37   Link #1439
dragon1412

Quote:
^oh, ok, i thought the symptoms are always present even in the early stages
punch drunk is just a term for culminated concussion from repeated punch to the head. In essences, Punch drunk could be physiological, as in brain damaged, nerve stun, ... resulted in symptons like Parkinsons. It could be also purely psychological, as in fear of getting punched, trauma,....etc. whether it psychological or physiological, both of them required an extented period of constantly getting hit in the face while the lasting previous concussion have yet to completely heal. So general times for symptons of punch drunk to appear is around 12-18 years into a fighter's career. Or if sooner, the fighter have to takes a hell lot of very very destructive punch to the faces, and even then 7- 10 years was really pushing it. And even then, only 15-20% of entire boxer populace got punch drunk

Of course, Kadokawa was at fault here, especially the time he fought with the philip champion, who the hell tell your fighter to clenched your neck just to get hit anyway ??? and the fact that Ippo don't dodge at all in clearly a failure as his trainer.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 08:09   Link #1440
LevelSeven

^interesting, punch drunk can also be only psychological, i hope that this happened to ippo, afterall his comeback would than be one where he really worked for (going over the line etc etc),

and yeah, kadokawa really is at fault, ippo may have a sturdy body but come on, dodging is always possible, he charges into the enemys attack? than he can still evade the punches that are going on his head
but i think that this time around kadokawa and ippo will realize that bringing down the top fighters wont be possible if they rely on their current strategy which will force them to actually invent some new ways of fighting instead of only the "tank everything" one

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports