Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-28, 07:30   Link #3121
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
In EP 25 of R2 when Lelouch is standing in the Damocles world map/strategy room making his "I've won. You have all been trolled speech." why do they have Japan in the centre of the map?

I know the show was made by Japanese folks but the Damocles was made by Britannians and with them having ego's the size of the moon it seems ridiculous that Britannia shouldn't be in the centre seeing as how they believe the world revolves around them.

It just doesn't seem very in universe. But then again this is CG so..........
they were in japan at the time
the map is probably interactive (as in it moves itself according to where the damocles is at the time)
Old 2008-12-28, 08:14   Link #3122
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
It's only natural that the Japanese have Japan in the middle of their maps.
We Europeans see us in th middle.
The differences in time are given but the world can be showed like the country want it.

PS: please ignore the flags^^
Old 2008-12-28, 08:17   Link #3123
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
The differences in time are given but the world can be showed like the country want it.

That's because Europeans created the maps that we know use. All World Maps have America being the Western most continent in America.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 08:38   Link #3124
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:

Yes i know that. I said as much in my initial post.

However you have to remember that the map in question is on a Britannian designed ship/castle/whatever, ergo the map should be centred over the continent of Britannia, not Japan. Why in Gods name would Britannians have Japan as the centre of the world?

The plots taken enough stick as it is, no point in complaining about it any more, however they could at least get the small points right at least and keep everything in universe.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 10:59   Link #3125
Hs Vi Germania
*Author

Ah .. I see..

Now I finally understand ur problem.
Damocles was in Japan in that time.
Probably it is an (inter-)active map as no-idea-who said^^

...or the director did not think that far. ^^

Last edited by Hs Vi Germania; 2008-12-28 at 11:10.
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:27   Link #3126
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Is Bismarks' geass the only one confirmed to work on inanimate objects(since he can forsee what the LA is going to do)? If so wouldn't that mean he would even be able to see what C.C. would do in the future?

I know it wouldn't work on her directly but he'd theoretically be able to forsee the movements of whatever surrounds her i.e. clothes or mech thereby making him able to gauge what she's actually going to do.

Wouldn't that make Jermiah the only person who could match him in an even fight since he can just nullify the haxor thing?

I'm just curious.
Just for the record, I don't think it allows Bismark to 'see the future,' just to read whatever a person intends to do for the next few seconds. He was able to see that Suzaku was intending to take him strait on, but didn't see Suzaku would be able to slice him in half (between his mega-hax Lancelot and Geass hax). Presumably, Kallen, with her mega-hax Guren could have just sliced him as well. My impression was the Geass allowed him to see what a person intends to do and react accordingly. If he didn't have the abilty to defend himself against an attack, he couldn't see that because it wouldn't be seen within a person's intentions.

At any rate, it seems that w/ Suzaku, he simply faced an opponent that he was at a disadvantage w/ because he was the type of person to give up on strategy and just go strait in. In a way (if I'm right), the more you thought about what you're going to do, the more of an advantage Bismark would have.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-12-28, 11:29   Link #3127
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Ah .. I see..

Now I finally understand ur problem.
Damocles was in Japan in that time.
Probably it is an (inter-)active map as no-idea-who said^^
gee... thanx
Old 2008-12-28, 11:32   Link #3128
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Just for the record, I don't think it allows Bismark to 'see the future,' just to read whatever a person intends to do for the next few seconds. He was able to see that Suzaku was intending to take him strait on, but didn't see Suzaku would be able to slice him in half (between his mega-hax Lancelot and Geass hax). Presumably, Kallen, with her mega-hax Guren could have just sliced him as well. My impression was the Geass allowed him to see what a person intends to do and react accordingly. If he didn't have the abilty to defend himself against an attack, he couldn't see that because it wouldn't be seen within a person's intentions.

At any rate, it seems that w/ Suzaku, he simply faced an opponent that he was at a disadvantage w/ because he was the type of person to give up on strategy and just go strait in. In a way (if I'm right), the more you thought about what you're going to do, the more of an advantage Bismark would have.

youngde, signing off.
he was able to see the future (hus words)
not read minds
and in the end he was just overwhelmed by the albion's insane speed and power
he couldnt keep up
Old 2008-12-28, 11:51   Link #3129
Hs Vi Germania
*Author

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
gee... thanx
Sorry about that.
I add u in excuse.

Last edited by Hs Vi Germania; 2008-12-28 at 11:56. Reason: Have found a fitting gif. :)
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:32   Link #3130
eaglei3

I have decided Nonette will obviously be the protagonist/antagonist of this rumored new season. They obviously made her fall of the face of the earth in R2 so she could set up her ultimate come back plan!!!
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:56   Link #3131
stardrago

If they do bring back Lelouch, I hope they make it possible like; about 3 years after R2, nanomachine tech studies had made breakthroughs; remnants of the Geass Directorate had survived (scientists from China said about going to the E.U. location before C.C. got up to them and destroying there transportation) there could have been people stationed at the E.U. location before; in case of an attack of the China one and were studying cloning procedures from D.N.A. they got from Charles(who still had Geass) and V.V.(Of his Code immortal body) and merged them together...but need nanotech to help stabalize the body and had spies at an location in Britannia that had a new breakthrough in nanoteach.
I'll write down more later...
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:03   Link #3132
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
If they do bring back Lelouch, I hope they make it possible like; about 3 years after R2, nanomachine tech studies had made breakthroughs; remnants of the Geass Directorate had survived (scientists from China said about going to the E.U. location before C.C. got up to them and destroying there transportation) there could have been people stationed at the E.U. location before; in case of an attack of the China one and were studying cloning procedures from D.N.A. they got from Charles(who still had Geass) and V.V.(Of his Code immortal body) and merged them together...but need nanotech to help stabalize the body and had spies at an location in Britannia that had a new breakthrough in nanoteach.
I'll write down more later...
I always wondered about that myself. For all their advances in robot and military technology (not to mention cyborg fusion) I wonder if they ever explored cloning. I also have this funny idea of how it could be the ultimate way to end Code Geass. Everyone who died (Lelouch, Euphemia, Shirely, etc.) are all cloned back to life and able to live happily. It would also be the best way to end the shipping wars: they simply make 3 clones of Lelouch, one for Kallen, one for Shirley, one for C.C.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:16   Link #3133
azul120

Cloning the dead is one thing, but cloning for the sake of shipping is another.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:10   Link #3134
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Cloning the dead is one thing, but cloning for the sake of shipping is another.
Oh great, azul wants to debate me again.

You know what, forget it. Cloning to bring the dead back to life. Cloning for shipping. Whatever. Just leave it to the fanfic writers.

By the bye, specifically I mean both. Clone the dead characters back to life and then clone three Lulus.

End. Of. Topic.
Old 2008-12-29, 04:03   Link #3135
azul120

Sheesh, no need to take it personal.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 04:45   Link #3136
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Sheesh, no need to take it personal.
Okay, you're right. Sorry, I overreacted. But all the same I don't intend to pursue the topic any further.
Old 2008-12-29, 19:21   Link #3137
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think that if a season 3 will come it would be about 1-10 years in the future, and that a new power has come forth who are more powerful than britannia and Empress Nunnally and Zero(Suzaku) are not far from loosing the battle and there lives and that of there country are at there limtie, and it will be Area 11 similer all over again.

C.C who yeah has 100% knowledge over Geass tech will dig up Lelouch´s corpse or something, and use Geass tech too either do the same with Orange-kun or just resurrect Lelouch and fill him in on what has happen over the years.

And Nunnally and Suzaku are pushed too a corner on the battle field and Lelouch shows up and saves the day.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:30   Link #3138
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So C.C.'ll dig up a skeleton for the sake of fighting a new enemy when Britannia's pacified, the world is united, the Gods are lazing about and the Cult's dead?

Well, eh.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 21:22   Link #3139
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think that if a season 3 will come it would be about 1-10 years in the future, and that a new power has come forth who are more powerful than britannia and Empress Nunnally and Zero(Suzaku) are not far from loosing the battle and there lives and that of there country are at there limtie, and it will be Area 11 similer all over again.

C.C who yeah has 100% knowledge over Geass tech will dig up Lelouch´s corpse or something, and use Geass tech too either do the same with Orange-kun or just resurrect Lelouch and fill him in on what has happen over the years.

And Nunnally and Suzaku are pushed too a corner on the battle field and Lelouch shows up and saves the day.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 00:30   Link #3140
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote