AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-06, 04:23   Link #161
james0246

LOL, How desperate are we for discussion that we are speculating on whether or not Sengoku has children ?
Old 2009-12-06, 04:25   Link #162
marvelB

Garp didn't even want to become an admiral 22 years ago, so why would he want to become a fleet admiral now? And besides, the government may not be too keen to promote him nowadays, seeing as he has world-class criminals for kinfolk.

Anyway, if Sengoku were forced to retire for some reason, perhaps the government would consider bringing former fleet admiral Kong out of retirement? For some reason, I don't see any of the current 3 admirals rising up in rank anytime soon......
Old 2009-12-06, 11:08   Link #163
.Lynx.
Redlox

Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, if Sengoku were forced to retire for some reason, perhaps the government would consider bringing former fleet admiral Kong out of retirement? For some reason, I don't see any of the current 3 admirals rising up in rank anytime soon......
I agree. Kizaru and Aokiji are obviously not a smart choice, and Akainu seems too ruthless and not a cunning strategist at all, despite being the most 'focused' admiral and believing in all this thing of Absolute Justice. My guess would be that Tsuru, as an old strategist and second in command, could rise up to Fleet Admiral rank in case of something happens to the Afro Buddah .
Old 2009-12-06, 16:42   Link #164
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria

Hmm.... I find Nami, Robin and Brooke's choice of countries to be rather curious, myself.....
I thought Chopper would be Russian, since he came from a winter country with a strong medical education and it looks like his entire arc is loosely based on the Russian revolution. Ussop on the other hand looks Jamaican and Brooke resembles a British gentleman. I wonder if Oda just picked them off the top of his head.
Old 2009-12-06, 16:57   Link #165
trafalgarcito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I thought Chopper would be Russian, since he came from a winter country with a strong medical education and it looks like his entire arc is loosely based on the Russian revolution. Ussop on the other hand looks Jamaican and Brooke resembles a British gentleman. I wonder if Oda just picked them off the top of his head.
i think oda lied on that question.... i also think robin is more latin... nami sweden?? are swedish people outgoing??

but luffy brazilian i concurr, perhaps because i think they earned wit this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ync-Hrx_8U
Old 2009-12-06, 17:51   Link #166
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Next episode of the anime contains the long awaited appearance of Jimbei. Anime News Network has confirmed that Jimbei will be voiced by Daisuke Gouri (who I believe to be the perfect choice for this role).

Here are a few of the characters Daisuke Gouri has played in the past:

Mr. Satan (Dragon Ball Z)
King Cold (Dragon Ball Z)
Dorry The Giant (One Piece)
Rockstar (One Piece)
Robin Mask (Kinnikuman)

So yeah. We can expect Jimbei to have a deep voice and to sound like a freaking beast. Very fitting, I must say .
Old 2009-12-06, 20:53   Link #167
marvelB

^Heh, awesome. Yes, that's definitely an awesome choice of voice actor for Jinbei. I should check out the anime soon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lynx. View Post
I agree. Kizaru and Aokiji are obviously not a smart choice, and Akainu seems too ruthless and not a cunning strategist at all, despite being the most 'focused' admiral and believing in all this thing of Absolute Justice. My guess would be that Tsuru, as an old strategist and second in command, could rise up to Fleet Admiral rank in case of something happens to the Afro Buddah .

Yeah, I'm just not sure if any of the current 3 admirals are due for a promotion anytime soon. I mean, Akainu's too violent, Aokiji's too laid back, and Kizaru.... hoo boy, Kizaru. While he's my favorite admiral, I admit that I have trouble taking the guy seriously. I mean, not only does he have that semi-permanent grin on his face, but he responds to damn near everything with "Oh my.... these guys sure are scary!" Methinks Borsalino is a little too goofy for the fleet admiral status.....

But then again, I suppose I shouldn't be so hasty to say such a thing, since we know next to nothing about Sengoku's predecessor, Kong. Who knows what wierd traits THAT guy may have had.....
Old 2009-12-06, 21:23   Link #168
cheese4u
da big boss

I disagree completely, although you may or may not have a point with Kizaru. We don't know much about Aokiji and virtually nothing about Akainu. Being ruthless has nothing to do with how smart you are, so I don't see how that makes Akainu ineligible. If you ask me Sengoku is just as ruthless as Akainu, Akainu just seems more ruthless due to the fact that he kills people himself, whereas sengoku has people do that for him.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-12-06, 21:36   Link #169
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Sengoku, seems willing to make allowances for certain things, where as, I don't see Akainu doing any of that, infact i could actually see him being for more drastic or ruthless than the others. Kizaru on the other hand seems goofy, but well rounded at the same time. So i would say he is fit. Aokiji on the other hand is a slacker of sorts, so much that his behaviour was mentioned by one of the Gorosei., in an unfavorable light i might add.

For all we know Sengoku may go nowhere, but his failures as a leader our mounting up, even if he wasn't involved in them.
Old 2009-12-06, 21:53   Link #170
.Lynx.
Redlox

Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
I don't know... although we've seen with Aokiji, Garp and Sengoku (or maybe even with Smoker) that the Marine's ranks are like a ladder, and promotions are given step by step (captain, commodore, rear admiral and so on), I'm still inclined to believe that Tsuru, despite being a vice admiral - but being second in command -, would rise up to the Fleet Admiral position. She's experienced, nicknamed 'great tactician' and... oh well, strong enough to place herself among the Marine's lines during this war.

But, following some Shounen logics, I guess that Fleet Admiral position is to be fulfilled by one of the Admirals anyway, so...

And really, it's highly certain for me that, if someone's going to lose one of his big players, won't be the Marines, but Whiterbeard Pirates
Old 2009-12-06, 22:44   Link #171
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Sengoku, seems willing to make allowances for certain things, where as, I don't see Akainu doing any of that, infact i could actually see him being for more drastic or ruthless than the others. Kizaru on the other hand seems goofy, but well rounded at the same time. So i would say he is fit. Aokiji on the other hand is a slacker of sorts, so much that his behaviour was mentioned by one of the Gorosei., in an unfavorable light i might add.

For all we know Sengoku may go nowhere, but his failures as a leader our mounting up, even if he wasn't involved in them.
Keyword "seems." I can't recall an instance where Sengoku seemed particularly merciful. Him and Akainu have displayed the same amount of ruthlessness so far.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-12-07, 04:11   Link #172
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Keyword "seems." I can't recall an instance where Sengoku seemed particularly merciful. Him and Akainu have displayed the same amount of ruthlessness so far.
I think he means in terms of internal matters and personal matters.

for example, take Aokige's behaviour. Sengoku may turn a blind eye to Aokige turning a blind eye to the strawhats when he met them. But Akainu might name him a traitor and hanged him because of that.

Although it may be that this no-nonsense appraoch is what the marines really need to get rid of all the "evil" pple.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:31   Link #173
andy

Well some OP spoilers are out seem like luffy was fighting 2 VA and then kizaru came and KO him.

WB was fighting Aokiji before joz came and help him
Now wb going and fight Akainu
while grap takes on marco
Old 2009-12-07, 04:49   Link #174
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well some OP spoilers are out seem like luffy was fighting 2 VA and then kizaru came and KO him.

WB was fighting Aokiji before joz came and help him
Now wb going and fight Akainu
while grap takes on marco
luffy is ko'd vs multiple va's who use rokushuki, he lands near where wb is who sais he did a good job
hearing rumors of bb showing up also

i think wb should get an hormone boost like luffy did.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-12-07 at 05:04.
Old 2009-12-07, 08:30   Link #175
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I think he means in terms of internal matters and personal matters.

for example, take Aokige's behaviour. Sengoku may turn a blind eye to Aokige turning a blind eye to the strawhats when he met them. But Akainu might name him a traitor and hanged him because of that.

Although it may be that this no-nonsense appraoch is what the marines really need to get rid of all the "evil" pple.
That's assuming Akainu and cant take down Aokiji
Old 2009-12-07, 09:09   Link #176
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:

-A fan asks what nationalities the Straw-Hats would be if the series took place in the real world. Oda answers as follows:

Luffy - Brazil
Zoro - Japan
Nami - Sweden
Usopp - Africa
Sanji - France
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russia
Franky - USA
Brooke - Austria

Yeah...... cuz we all know Africa is a nation.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:26   Link #177
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Someone tell Oda Africa is not a country.
Oda prolly doesn't care about Africa, he choosed only cuz Usopp's dad is Black.

Quote:
I'm SO TOTALLY calling Buggy being Italian .
Mr 3 would fit as an Italian and Doflamingo too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lynx. View Post
Nice to guess what'd be the nationality from people such as Roger or Newgate
WB has to be American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Another thing is if Zoro masters Haki then it's safe to say that Mihawk is a Haki user as well.
Does Mihawk trains or fight like Zoro?
Being the nr1 swordsman doesn't mean that he can do wtf Zoro can.
Can WB do wtf ANYBODY in OP can do?
Old 2009-12-07, 11:18   Link #178
marvelB

Spoilers for the next chapter came out, guys! I've already taken the liberty of making the thread for it.
Old 2009-12-07, 19:02   Link #179
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Oda prolly doesn't care about Africa, he choosed only cuz Usopp's dad is Black.

Mr 3 would fit as an Italian and Doflamingo too.

WB has to be American.

Does Mihawk trains or fight like Zoro?
Being the nr1 swordsman doesn't mean that he can do wtf Zoro can.
Can WB do wtf ANYBODY in OP can do?
I can also see WB being Russian for some reason too.
Closed Thread