AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 22:02   Link #21
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Lol, as a viewer of "Tagalized" anime for more than ten years, I am very much used to them. (Oh, and looks like Trigun is being rerun on Hero TV with a new cast of voice actors.)
Totally agree here. My first anime was in Tagalog in the first place. Oh Sailormoon. She's the same seiyuu of Maria in the Tramp Family..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 20:17   Link #22
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I why complain? Animax is a paid channel and I paid for it every month. I just want my money actually worth something and good providers are always listen to their customers but too bad they already banned my Animax-Asia forum account and so I can shut up for (their own) good. What kind of provider who don't even want to listen from its own customers in first place.
I'm guessing that they focus on those type of shows because that's probaly what brings in the most ratings...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:45   Link #23
Kudryavka

Quote:
This probably the most controversial thread I ever made in Animesuki or any other forums because it more like a blog entry than a forum thread in first place. I also need the moderators' approval if it legal in this forum or not. If it's illegal and they can lock this thread for good but if that so I need good explanation.

I've been a legal Animax-Asia subscriber for many years, since ASTRO(Malaysian cable TV network) put Animax-Asia in their service. However in recent years my faith towards that channel is put to the test. In 2010 they went into epic fail move by showing some Korean dramas but it's already over by the beginning of 2012. Nobody knows why Animax-Asia do such thing but some theories suggest they tried to increase their rating but some says they actually wants to make more money and so they can show more anime in the future. The end of K-dramas in Animax is just closing the very small part of nightmare.

I've run of patience, causing me to write this when I heard they going to show Chihayafuru in this February. Isn't Animax already had too many female-oriented shows to begin with like Neo Angelique Abyss and Skip Beat in this month(January 2013) and not to mention of re-run of K(while not shoujo to begin with but I'm still believe it is made for teenage girls). Don't get me wrong Chihayafuru is a good show but I think it just wrong timing to be in Animax. Yes it's true girls should have their own shows too but I think it just little bit too many shoujo/josei shows in prime time? Yeah there are too many shounen action shows too but I'm going to emphasize that later.

What I saw in recent prime-time shows most of the male-oriented ones are shounen action & adventure shows like Naruto, Bleach, Beelzebub, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood(historically), Tears of Tiara(historically) and Fairy Tail. No other genres like comedy, romance and drama for examples. Most of the romance and drama genres are left for shoujo and josei ones which I already mentioned earlier. However I think the female viewers are treated little bit better as they not just got romance and drama but also some 'cool' action shows made for them like Kuroshitsuji, 07-Ghost and dubiously K. Yes it's true they also showing Tora Dora(which is a shounen romantic comedy) but that still in "experimental" period and so I cannot give more opinion on that. There still some good romance and drama made for shounen and seinen audiences out there and only waiting for Animax to pick them up. I would love to see Hanasaku Iroha in Animax even it were falsely advertised as "shoujo slice-of-life" show.

Perhaps the biggest sin Animax ever made is false advertisement. First they wrongfully promoted K-On and Lucky Star as "cute shoujo" shows just because they are fooled by "girly" atmosphere and attitude of those shows. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that both shows are actually seinen. Then they also wrongfully advertised Kuroshitsuji and 07-Ghost as "cool shounen action shows" even both are obviously made for girls. It is debatable that Kuroshitsuji was exclusively made for girls or not but from what I learn from other thread although Kuroshitsuji was from a shounen magazine but it's not from Jump or any other magazines that are more popular to male readers. However the shit actually hits the fan when I saw K's ad in a popular magazine in my country and think "Oh, Animax is going to show a cool ecchi show!" as I saw Neko getting the spotlight while the bishies(real stars of the show) are push far in the background. I stayed late just want to see it's first episode and bullshit. Just another bishounen fanservice show for girls.

Third and final piece of rant is fail to separate between both male and female-oriented shows. I still remember how annoying I had to see that annoying violin girl show(don't remember its title and don't care about it either) before I can see Bleach. While this seems discriminative but I think it is the most effective move for Animax even with the shows they currently have. I still remember when MTV-Asia actually made a segment just for teenage boys and young men alone which prioritize rock and alternative bands while no boybands(which usually preferred by teenage girls) in sight for at least an hour. So my suggestion is the shoujo/josei shows in prime-time, shounen action shows later and finally seinen shows in midnight or near-midnight.

I why complain? Animax is a paid channel and I paid for it every month. I just want my money actually worth something and good providers are always listen to their customers but too bad they already banned my Animax-Asia forum account and so I can shut up for (their own) good. What kind of provider who don't even want to listen from its own customers in first place.
What is wrong with female oriented shows and dramas? Did they ever promise to only bring you man anime?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:14   Link #24
stormtrooper

Animax just selects the anime they want and in itself is not bad really when seen as a whole. They just select anime they think would be a hit and many would watch. Sket Dance, Beelzebub, K-On, Haruhi, Inuyasha, Shana, Azumanga Daioh, Hayate no Gotoku, FMA, Nodame Cantabile, K, Last Exile and Baka Test are actually a good lineup in the past years. It's just like they have a bad habit of re airing old anime sometimes which is of course highlighted by re running the episode 4 hours after.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:11   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

There are still people watching TV out there? My TV is starting to collect dust... (aside from a DVD or BRD sometimes)
Old 2013-01-20, 11:13   Link #26
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
There are still people watching TV out there? My TV is starting to collect dust... (aside from a DVD or BRD sometimes)
lolol I uderstand...

In my country animation only comes on television, most shows never get put on BluRay. So unforunately I cant get rid of my cable box yet.

But the TV is important for playing games and watching Blurays tho.
Old 2013-01-20, 13:28   Link #27
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I was not even referencing DVDs and Blu-Ray-Discs to anime...

The anime industry here in Germany is broken. I will not give a single cent for this crap they do with what people usually call "localisation".
They censor. They censor a lot. And if a critical story element is considered "violence-glorifying" they even change that! The Uchiha were killed you say?

no no no... not so in Germany! Here they were just "abducted"!

And now these people ask me to watch Naruto with these abominations called "editing" and even want money for that? You must be kidding me.

And at other places people complain that there are not exactly the shows they wish for... at least they got something at all.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:00   Link #28
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
What is wrong with female oriented shows and dramas? Did they ever promise to only bring you man anime?
Yeah really, this thread sounds like another round of 'All female oriented shows SUCK'.

It's only natural that Animax is going to put their focus on the series that gets viewers...which sounds like it's the female haremish/action stuff like Kuroushitujii and K...

Though if they're rerunning stuff all the time, that sounds like Adult Swim/Toonami over in the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I was not even referencing DVDs and Blu-Ray-Discs to anime...

The anime industry here in Germany is broken. I will not give a single cent for this crap they do with what people usually call "localisation".
They censor. They censor a lot. And if a critical story element is considered "violence-glorifying" they even change that! The Uchiha were killed you say?

no no no... not so in Germany! Here they were just "abducted"!

And now these people ask me to watch Naruto with these abominations called "editing" and even want money for that? You must be kidding me.

And at other places people complain that there are not exactly the shows they wish for... at least they got something at all.
Oh, they've edited stuff plenty in the States too. I couldn't even watch One Piece at first because of the hackjob 4Kids did on it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-25 at 18:12. Reason: merge double-posts
Old 2013-01-20, 18:23   Link #29
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Yeah really, this thread sounds like another round of 'All female oriented shows SUCK'.

It's only natural that Animax is going to put their focus on the series that gets viewers...which sounds like it's the female haremish/action stuff like Kuroushitujii and K...

Though if they're rerunning stuff all the time, that sounds like Adult Swim/Toonami over in the States.
I wasnt trying to be mean (I know you arent accusing me just saying). Just honestly wondring if they ever said they would only play seinen or something. If not then the answer to why they're playing dramas and stuff is simple, its to bring in a bigger audience. With a bigger audience sponsors pay more (unless this is a private channel which is paid for by subscribers, in which case I can understand some of OP's anger.)
Old 2013-01-21, 05:01   Link #30
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
oh god those tagaloged english dub, to make it worst, they used like the same VA's over & over (9000x) again, in like what? 50 different shows which includes tokusatsu shows?,
& i think my ears are bleeding because of it, oh that CRAPPY QUALITY audio, compare that with some pro dubbers across the globe like ADV & Madman Entertaiment for example

then there's those cheesy crappy misleading trailers & advertisement that make you cringe & wanna facepalm like in every micro seconds until your face bleeds, WHY?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 06:10   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I was once a Animax-Asia viewer since 2004... But then I realized that they censored some part that are deemed indecent (like K, GTO, and Chobits), as well as the subtitles... They're so mild like they can't put "Damn!" or "Shit!" to the viewers, they're not kids for god's sake!

That's why I stick to HeroTV...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:17   Link #32
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Third and final piece of rant is fail to separate between both male and female-oriented shows. I still remember how annoying I had to see that annoying violin girl show(don't remember its title and don't care about it either) before I can see Bleach.
I read that and just had to giggle a bit. You never had to watch La Corda d'Oro, instead you could have watched another channel for 30min or done something completely different altogether.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:20   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
& i think my ears are bleeding because of it, oh that CRAPPY QUALITY audio, compare that with some pro dubbers across the globe like ADV & Madman Entertaiment for example
The problem with Western dubs is that they have their accents, and they sometimes destroy the pronunciation of Japanese names.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 10:36   Link #34
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I wasnt trying to be mean (I know you arent accusing me just saying). Just honestly wondring if they ever said they would only play seinen or something. If not then the answer to why they're playing dramas and stuff is simple, its to bring in a bigger audience. With a bigger audience sponsors pay more (unless this is a private channel which is paid for by subscribers, in which case I can understand some of OP's anger.)
I don't recall Animax ever promising that they'd focus on one type of show over another, but it is paid for by subscribers. At least in Malaysia. Sort of. Subscribers have to pay based on groups of channels, and there's no way to not pay for Animax without losing some other channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The problem with Western dubs is that they have their accents, and they sometimes destroy the pronunciation of Japanese names.
I think Animax has that problem too. Maybe not quite pronounciation trouble so much as they'd emphasize the syllables wrongly.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:25   Link #35
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
While I do hate most female-oriented shows but the main reason I made this thread is because lack of variety of their shows. Numeric-wise they quite balanced but most of the Animax's shows are shounen action & adventure for guys like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and according to their logic, K. Shoujo romance and drama for girls like Neo Angelique Abyss and Skip Beat and next month, Chihayafuru. Animax is not a channel for 14-years old boys and 16-years old girls. However at least in my observation female ones are little bit luckier as they also have bishounen fanservice shows like Kuroshitsuji and 07-Ghost. No mild ecchi comedy shows for guys(although Magikano counts but no longer shown anymore).

Animax also underestimating and overestimating SEA anime fans at same time. I felt sorry for those who only had Animax but not high-speed internet connections and not wealthy enough to buy DVDs, especially those who thinks 07-Ghost is their best "shounen" show they ever saw thanks to Animax.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 21:42   Link #36
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
While I do hate most female-oriented shows but the main reason I made this thread is because lack of variety of their shows. Numeric-wise they quite balanced but most of the Animax's shows are shounen action & adventure for guys like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and according to their logic, K. Shoujo romance and drama for girls like Neo Angelique Abyss and Skip Beat and next month, Chihayafuru. Animax is not a channel for 14-years old boys and 16-years old girls. However at least in my observation female ones are little bit luckier as they also have bishounen fanservice shows like Kuroshitsuji and 07-Ghost. No mild ecchi comedy shows for guys(although Magikano counts but no longer shown anymore).

Animax also underestimating and overestimating SEA anime fans at same time. I felt sorry for those who only had Animax but not high-speed internet connections and not wealthy enough to buy DVDs, especially those who thinks 07-Ghost is their best "shounen" show they ever saw thanks to Animax.
I'm more surprised that they censor shows.

I'm not aiming this at you or anyone else; I don't know how Animax works obviously...but if it's subscription-based and they censor material, why put out the money?
Old 2013-01-21, 23:05   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
While I do hate most female-oriented shows but the main reason I made this thread is because lack of variety of their shows.
I hate some male oriented anime for corrupting minors over sexuality and perversion. Female oriented shows are more softer in tone....

Have them watch them when they're mature enough to understand...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-22 at 02:48.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 02:28   Link #38
Kudryavka

Quote:
I'm more surprised that they censor shows.

I'm not aiming this at you or anyone else; I don't know how Animax works obviously...but if it's subscription-based and they censor material, why put out the money?
I think they like seeing it in their language audio.

And some don't have internet good enough to torrent, they only have TV to watch anime.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:32   Link #39
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I was once a Animax-Asia viewer since 2004... But then I realized that they censored some part that are deemed indecent (like K, GTO, and Chobits), as well as the subtitles... They're so mild like they can't put "Damn!" or "Shit!" to the viewers, they're not kids for god's sake!

That's why I stick to HeroTV...
I have that kind of problem when I watch Space Power during my holidays in Morocco since over 3 years ago. The censorship is so extremely annoying during scenes that are deemed indecent (sexual or not) I really can't stand to watch. Not only that, they colored female skin emphasis with darker colors (Which I noticed that when watching the Arab dubbing of many available animes) and the dubbing was hilariously poor (look at how Sasuke in Naruto got his name mistakenly spelled by other characters as "Sasuki"). The only redeemable element is that Space Power had at least a more mature lineup compared to its childish older sister Spacetoon (which also aired Case Closed and Hunter X Hunter) and they also aired some newer shows with Arab subtitles such as Bleach and Gintama, though the problems mentionned above are still shown.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 17:48   Link #40
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I have that kind of problem when I watch Space Power during my holidays in Morocco since over 3 years ago. The censorship is so extremely annoying during scenes that are deemed indecent (sexual or not) I really can't stand to watch. Not only that, they colored female skin emphasis with darker colors (Which I noticed that when watching the Arab dubbing of many available animes) and the dubbing was hilariously poor (look at how Sasuke in Naruto got his name mistakenly spelled by other characters as "Sasuki"). The only redeemable element is that Space Power had at least a more mature lineup compared to its childish older sister Spacetoon (which also aired Case Closed and Hunter X Hunter) and they also aired some newer shows with Arab subtitles such as Bleach and Gintama, though the problems mentionned above are still shown.
They color the females darker?