AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-12-17, 07:13   Link #3301
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I'm currently watching the first series and began reading the manga again from chapter 1. I like that they put the other characters like Hinata, Ino and Shikamaru the first couple episodes. Felt really really sorry for Hinata when the teams were announced and she wasn't put in Naruto's group
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 07:52   Link #3302
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I'm currently watching the first series and began reading the manga again from chapter 1. I like that they put the other characters like Hinata, Ino and Shikamaru the first couple episodes. Felt really really sorry for Hinata when the teams were announced and she wasn't put in Naruto's group
Haha , seems i ain't the only one who re-read the manga again

Can't believe the Naruto during academy only last around 100 chapter , then begin the shippuden
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 08:48   Link #3303
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Haha , seems i ain't the only one who re-read the manga again

Can't believe the Naruto during academy only last around 100 chapter , then begin the shippuden
But the first 100 chapters were what made Naruto reaaalllllyyy amazing and legendary though XD

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 09:23   Link #3304
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Narusaku fans are saying Naruto fell in love with Hinata because of the genjustu but wasn't Naruto falling inlove with Hinata on abandon island the genjustu just made it stronger and confirm Hinata always been with Naruto. They are also saying that the fashback in the movie are non-canon because it wasn't in the manga, really i want to call them out and say but aren't you the one who say RTN is cannon even though it fits no were in the time line at all. Anyways I hope the chunin exam arc is good and i am going to watch it i haven't watch Naruto anime in awhile well I watch the Hanabi special, the part i like most was the sister bond they had and the small Naruhina momment when Hinata was 'stalking' Naruto, the blush on Hinata was nicely done and the way Hanabi look at Hinata in that seen seem like she was shock her sister can look like she was in extasy
Old 2014-12-17, 09:57   Link #3305
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Narusaku fans are saying Naruto fell in love with Hinata because of the genjustu but wasn't Naruto falling inlove with Hinata on abandon island the genjustu just made it stronger and confirm Hinata always been with Naruto. They are also saying that the fashback in the movie are non-canon because it wasn't in the manga, really i want to call them out and say but aren't you the one who say RTN is cannon even though it fits no were in the time line at all. Anyways I hope the chunin exam arc is good and i am going to watch it i haven't watch Naruto anime in awhile well I watch the Hanabi special, the part i like most was the sister bond they had and the small Naruhina momment when Hinata was 'stalking' Naruto, the blush on Hinata was nicely done and the way Hanabi look at Hinata in that seen seem like she was shock her sister can look like she was in extasy

Zzzzz NaruSakus still at it??? Seriously? Well there one fact still remain.. he really fell in love with Hinata... genjutsu or not. It was just to make it more interesting, for him to see her memories.. he will found out sooner or later. It doesn't matter HOW. The point is that he finally see her feelings (even though it took him awhile).

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 10:06   Link #3306
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Man...so much god tier ideas you can think of the children...so awesome! So everyone, with the slight fear no one is going to answer this and let me type all this out for nothing

Can I ask everyone what their top 10 FAVOURITE NaruHina moments were? Before I write out mine let me say when I say NaruHina moments you can use ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING just as long as it OFFICIALLY came from Naruto, so Manga, Filler episodes, Spin Off, Games, etc, so someone's fanfic? Fanart? Sorry won't count lol

Secondly the interaction doesn't have to be directly WITH Naruto and Hinata just as long as its NaruHina so if you want to say Sakura encouraging Hinata to follow her feelings for Naruto, then yes that would count...

Also if you are going to answer can you at least explain a bit why you liked that moment? I am trying to spark discussion afterall

Without further Ado, here's mine!

10)
Spoiler for 10:

9)
Spoiler for 9:

8)
Spoiler for 8:

7)
Spoiler for 7:

6)
Spoiler for 6:

5)
Spoiler for 5:

4)
Spoiler for 4:

3)
Spoiler for 3:

2)
Spoiler for 2:

And finally my number 1:

Spoiler for 1:

well that's my top 10, you probably don't need to go into as much detail as I did...originally I was worried I was not going to be able to pick 10 moments but then my problem became actually ORDERING them lol
Old 2014-12-17, 11:07   Link #3307
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

Alright Avalon, I'll bite. Note that my ranking (minus the #1 are mostly interchangeable and all have EQUAL value). Without further ado:

Spoiler for 10:

Spoiler for 9:

Spoiler for 8:

Spoiler for 7:

Spoiler for 6:

Spoiler for 5:

Spoiler for 4:

Spoiler for 3:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 1:
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 11:42   Link #3308
730flare

Pardon me for gushing about Hinata again but after looking at these new spoiler pics and trailers, I just realized something:

Did SP/Kishi just find the holy combination in creating what could possibly be the closest thing to a perfect anime female character in Hinata?

I mean let's look at her several factors:
- She has simple yet relatable backstory that makes you root for her all the more and make you very happy when she succeeds.
- A kind, gentle, polite and caring personality that you'd like to have in a friend and would love to have in a lover.
- In addition to that, she has a lot of inner strength in her, being VERY strong-willed and courageous willing to do never back down as well as do anything she can to protect her loved ones, even risk her own life.
- Has her good share of badass moments that are awe-worthy.
- She's also very appealing appearance-wise. Her Part 1 incarnation being very adorable and her Part II incarnation being very beautiful
- Her the Last incarnation was able to achieve that high level of sexiness all WITHOUT venturing to the the "slutty" category. In fact, combined with her personality it only amplifies her sexiness even further.
- Has a very large bust size.
- Has a beautiful singing voice due to being voiced by one of the biggest names in the seiyuu industry (thank you Nana Mizuki)

I think I'm missing some more but you get my point.

Heck the only crime I think that was committed is why they didn't utilize her more considering she eclipsed the supposed main female protagonist in popularity. Seriously, what did Kishi/SP do to make Hinata this perfect?
730flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 12:14   Link #3309
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminer Astartes View Post
Alright Avalon, I'll bite. Note that my ranking (minus the #1 are mostly interchangeable and all have EQUAL value). Without further ado:

Spoiler for 10:

Spoiler for 9:

Spoiler for 8:

Spoiler for 7:

Spoiler for 6:

Spoiler for 5:

Spoiler for 4:

Spoiler for 3:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 1:
Hey that's a good list and I can't believe I didn't consider some of those moments myself! Heh way to think out of the box though, heh its still all NAruhina so everything counts, again my problem was ordering mine lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 730flare View Post
Pardon me for gushing about Hinata again but after looking at these new spoiler pics and trailers, I just realized something:

Did SP/Kishi just find the holy combination in creating what could possibly be the closest thing to a perfect anime female character in Hinata?

I mean let's look at her several factors:
- She has simple yet relatable backstory that makes you root for her all the more and make you very happy when she succeeds.
- A kind, gentle, polite and caring personality that you'd like to have in a friend and would love to have in a lover.
- In addition to that, she has a lot of inner strength in her, being VERY strong-willed and courageous willing to do never back down as well as do anything she can to protect her loved ones, even risk her own life.
- Has her good share of badass moments that are awe-worthy.
- She's also very appealing appearance-wise. Her Part 1 incarnation being very adorable and her Part II incarnation being very beautiful
- Her the Last incarnation was able to achieve that high level of sexiness all WITHOUT venturing to the the "slutty" category. In fact, combined with her personality it only amplifies her sexiness even further.
- Has a very large bust size.
- Has a beautiful singing voice due to being voiced by one of the biggest names in the seiyuu industry (thank you Nana Mizuki)

I think I'm missing some more but you get my point.

Heck the only crime I think that was committed is why they didn't utilize her more considering she eclipsed the supposed main female protagonist in popularity. Seriously, what did Kishi/SP do to make Hinata this perfect?
Well the Yamato Nadeshiko is largely a VERY VERY popular trope in Japan, for those uninformed the Nadeshiko is a Japanese wild flower, its beautiful in everything you think of in the language of flowers, it reflects a sense of elegance, grace and beauty, but then you remember its a WILD flower meaning it stands tall and can weather the elements and remain strong, so applying that to an anime character it basically means the perfect Japanese wife she is strong, elegant, good natured, well mannered and bred...but mess with her family or husband and she WILL kick your ass

so naturally in Japan the fanbase of anime fans (well anywhere really) tend to steer to those who would make a perfect girlfriend over the comedic violently female character, Hinata just displayed traits tat was more appealing and endearing to the readers, hence she got really popular really quick, because Sakura was...well everything NOT Hinata and from what we understand she was losing popularity as quickly as Hinata was gaining it I mena wow one of the reasons he held off on telling Sakura's family background was simply cause...nobody was interested enough to hear it while Hianta's family dynamic was ALOT more interesting lol

In terms of appearance, there's no specific way of knowing why the designs were chosen the way it was chosen, but since we established Sakura was the billboard, I guess Kishi wanted to experiment and make her the EXACT opposite and give her the largest bust out of all the girls (lol if you watch the bath house scene, you don't really notice but even Ino in the background are shocked by how big they are) since Sakura sacrificed beauty to become stronger (cutting of her hair was the start of that) and even became a fist fighter I am sure this is where some of the appeal of her's was lost with Japanese readers, while hinata could grow even more feminine and pull a "Reverse Sakura but did she have to sacrifice anything to do so? Nope she was still a powerful Gentle Fist and Byakugan user and didn't have to sacrifice ANYTHING to do so and was getting stronger still

Nena as we all established was a lucky break, she was new to the industry and no one was going to see her become as famous while doing Hinata the way she does her now, the fact we can associate Hinata can sing was because Nena was able to achieve her OWN success in the industry lol
Old 2014-12-17, 12:25   Link #3310
730flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post

Well the Yamato Nadeshiko is largely a VERY VERY popular trope in Japan, for those uninformed the Nadeshiko is a Japanese wild flower, its beautiful in everything you think of in the language of flowers, it reflects a sense of elegance, grace and beauty, but then you remember its a WILD flower meaning it stands tall and can weather the elements and remain strong, so applying that to an anime character it basically means the perfect Japanese wife she is strong, elegant, good natured, well mannered and bred...but mess with her family or husband and she WILL kick your ass

so naturally in Japan the fanbase of anime fans (well anywhere really) tend to steer to those who would make a perfect girlfriend over the comedic violently female character, Hinata just displayed traits tat was more appealing and endearing to the readers, hence she got really popular really quick, because Sakura was...well everything NOT Hinata and from what we understand she was losing popularity as quickly as Hinata was gaining it

In terms of appearance, there's no specific way of knowing why the designs were chosen the way it was chosen, but since we established Sakura was the billboard, I guess Kishi wanted to experiment and make her the EXACT opposite and give her the largest bust out of all the girls (lol if you watch the bath house scene, you don't really notice but even Ino in the background are shocked by how big they are) since Sakura sacrificed beauty to become stronger (cutting of her hair was the start of that) and even became a fist fighter I am sure this is where some of the appeal of her's was lost with Japanese readers, while hinata could grow even more feminine and pull a "Reverse Sakura but did she have to sacrifice anything to do so? Nope she was still a powerful Gentle Fist and Byakugan user and didn't have to sacrifice ANYTHING to do so and was getting stronger still

Nena as we all established was a lucky break, she was new to the industry and no one was going to see her become as famous while doing Hinata the way she does her now, the fact we can associate Hinata can sing was because Nena was able to achieve her OWN success in the industry lol
Yeah I'm familiar with how popular the Yamato Nadeshiko trope is in Japan but even in the Western fandom I see that Hinata is still more popular. I also think it had something to do with some of Sakura's bad moments in the manga (and I hate to say it, she had quite a lot. Looking at you Five Kage Summit arc)

Not to mention the Tsundere always hitting the boy, while funny at times tends to cross double standards territory so that might have turned Sakura off for some people, in Japan and everywhere else.

Yeah I've seen some detractors say that Hinata is a doormat due to her quiet nature, but like you said when it comes to her friends and family, she will show you no mercy.

The thing is, I've seen my fair share of Yamato Nadeshiko characters but NONE of them even clicks to me as Hinata has. Maybe because I've been a fan of her for the longest time so seeing her blossom from a shy adorable girl to a strong confident and beautiful woman is all the more satisfying.
Old 2014-12-17, 13:13   Link #3311
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 730flare View Post
Yeah I'm familiar with how popular the Yamato Nadeshiko trope is in Japan but even in the Western fandom I see that Hinata is still more popular. I also think it had something to do with some of Sakura's bad moments in the manga (and I hate to say it, she had quite a lot. Looking at you Five Kage Summit arc)

Not to mention the Tsundere always hitting the boy, while funny at times tends to cross double standards territory so that might have turned Sakura off for some people, in Japan and everywhere else.

Yeah I've seen some detractors say that Hinata is a doormat due to her quiet nature, but like you said when it comes to her friends and family, she will show you no mercy.

The thing is, I've seen my fair share of Yamato Nadeshiko characters but NONE of them even clicks to me as Hinata has. Maybe because I've been a fan of her for the longest time so seeing her blossom from a shy adorable girl to a strong confident and beautiful woman is all the more satisfying.
Exactly there are ALOT of Hinata fans everywhere lol that's why when NaruSaku (or to be fair Hinata haters in general) boards are all complaining and being butthurt and claiming how could Hinata end up with Naruto she's "obviously" the less popular Naruto girl compared to Sakura are REALLY obviously ignoring facts that KINDA isn't true considering evidence EVERYWHERE even Kishimoto HIMSELF says no Hinata IS more popular then Sakura

Now I kinda wonder if Kishimoto wrote some of those scenes chief amoung them the Fake confession with ANY idea in mind this was going to make Sakura more hated not loved...? Well maybe he couldn't have predicted it would make Sakura less popular, but did he have the idea in mind when he wrote those Sakura scenes that it would help her dwindling popularity? Cause it certainly backfired well the fake confession at the VERY least I think was written with the intention of pushing NAruHina to the fans as a REAL possibility (since Hinata already confessed now we have a scene with Naruto ACTIVELY rejecting Sakura) so maybe he jsut wrote it not thinking about what it was to do to Sakura, perhaps?

And maybe that was one thing that helped Hinata in the eyes of fans, she was a Yamato Nadeshiko that we watched grow up with her, unlike in most animes where the Nadeshiko is an established trope in the character from the start so we know in THOSE characters that they are the strong wife from the start while in Hianta's case we got to watch her grow into her's
Old 2014-12-17, 13:52   Link #3312
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This review got me rolling

HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:06   Link #3313
coded321
He Who Games

^wait, naruto no longer has the six paths sage mode anymore?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:06   Link #3314
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

lol good review...heh nice of them to pay respects to the recently deceased of the NaruSaku...but seriously if these two say this movie was really good but not the best NAruto movie makes me wonder what they CONSIDER the best?

Ah well I'm going to love it, so I don't need to wonder lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
^wait, naruto no longer has the six paths sage mode anymore?
Yeah it was implied it was only a borrowed power and he wasn't going to get to keep it...or at least not until he discovers how to achieve it on his own
Old 2014-12-17, 14:14   Link #3315
coded321
He Who Games

^ so that would mean sasuke lost the powers he got as well? i guess it makes sense that they made naruto somewhat weaker in the movie because if he still had the six path page mode, he would have easily and totally dominated toneri, therefore making a boring movie. its like what they did with thor in the avengers movie, because thor in the movie is much weaker than his comic book counterpart.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:15   Link #3316
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:

that review is awesome i was laughing the whole time i give it a 980
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:18   Link #3317
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
^ so that would mean sasuke lost the powers he got as well? i guess it makes sense that they made naruto somewhat weaker in the movie because if he still had the six path page mode, he would have easily and totally dominated toneri, therefore making a boring movie. its like what they did with thor in the avengers movie, because thor in the movie is much weaker than his comic book counterpart.
Unfortunately a 5 second cameo isn't going to answer this question,maybe he did maybe not lol

But think of it this way, they were only given powers that they could use, there's nothing to suggest they can't achieve such states with their own training someday
Old 2014-12-17, 14:37   Link #3318
730flare

I'm just curious, I remember Avalon saying that Hinata's Protective Trigarms 64 Palms is considered a part of her canon moveset since it appears in the spin-off mangas and the video games (which only use canon material), In addition, a lot of the NaruHina moments have integrated its way to canon in some form (like Naruto saving her from bullies, don't know what else)

I want to ask: Is Hinata the only character that Kishimoto's given this treatment to? I haven't followed the series majorly so I might be wrong here. But considering that Hinata appears in a lot of filler, I wanted to ask if she's the sole exception or not.

As for NaruHina moments, are there any other moments from the anime that Kishimoto considers canon?
Old 2014-12-17, 14:41   Link #3319
The Green One

Quote:

That was hilarious, I watched it for the tongue in cheek comedy alone.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:41   Link #3320
Alena_92

Quote:

I enjoyed this review..
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie