AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 04:43   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Hiromi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hiromi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all true tears fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 12:35   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ah, Hiromi ...pretty much the only thing that interests me in this show. While the rest is fairly typical, Hiromi's situation is certainly an interesting twist to have. Going by several actions of Shinichiro's mother it is pretty clear she is not fond of Hiromi. Going by the hints it indeed seems possible that at the least Shin's father might have had an affair with Hiromi's mother ... at the very worst it might even mean that is how Hiromi came to be. Whichever it is, Hiromi seems aware of the situation as well, which doesn't make it less complicated.

She obviously has feelings for Shinichiro, but her situation is certainly not favorable for her to speak her mind. Taking circumstances (mostly Shin's mother) in to account, she has a genuinely understandable reason for hiding her feelings ... seeing the circumstances behind her situation and how the conflict will develop and be resolved is the thing i am looking towards the most in True Tears. It is a complicated situation and i expect a bumpy ride, especially with Shin being upset over her false feelings for Noe's brother.
Old 2008-01-29, 13:00   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You know she's very shy in the clips of the past. I would wait a little before labeling her as the wise philosopher type.
As for the second part, it's already being discussed in the speculation thread. Please drop by...
Old 2008-01-29, 13:08   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*scratches head* When did i label her as the wise philosopher 0_o. All i said is that her situation is rather complicated and that she seems aware of the details.
Old 2008-01-29, 13:18   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Exactly, what you see as thinking, I see as a lot of sobbing in non-existent self guilt and self-pity. Around the house she may be acting appropriately, but what purpose does it serve to act like she does at school. She could at least tone down the sadness a little bit. She's too stiff. I'm suspicious of something more here then meats the eye.
Old 2008-01-29, 15:28   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Gah...I seem to be less forgiving of "self inflicting sadness" characters nowadays due to the fact that I've seen to many of them and given away to much of my empathy @_@

Right now I see no reason for Hiromi to be as depressed as she should be. She is a shy girl which is good but she is way to depressed. Whatever the mother is doing to her which we haven't seen yet better match up to her level of depression especially when we can see how much more open she can be when with friends or even playing sports (I never imagined her to be the sporty type...I am wrong ).

Actually that's another trait of hers which annoys me...she lies >.> Blatantly!

Not saying that humans don't lie, but the way she does it gives me the shivers.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 15:43   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Going by the hints it indeed seems possible that at the least Shin's father might have had an affair with Hiromi's mother ... at the very worst it might even mean that is how Hiromi came to be. Whichever it is, Hiromi seems aware of the situation as well, which doesn't make it less complicated.
This is a good theory. It seems obvious that there is something between Shin's mother and Hiromi, because you can't just hate someone so obviously. I guess we'll see.

Quote:
It is a complicated situation and i expect a bumpy ride, especially with Shin being upset over her false feelings for Noe's brother.
How do we know if her feelings for Noe's brother are false? I'm thinking she might really like both, but can't decide. If harems exist, then I wouldn't call off this situation.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:17   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
How do we know if her feelings for Noe's brother are false? I'm thinking she might really like both, but can't decide. If harems exist, then I wouldn't call off this situation.
I will eat my hat if i am proven wrong, but i think there is absolutely no contest here. Whatever (if anything at all) she might think of Noe's brother, the person she has feelings for is Shinichiro. The situation she faces at home is what prevents her speaking those things out loud though; it is not an easy subject for her, which is why she came up with this for her friend in the first place.
Old 2008-01-29, 16:33   Link #9
nanaman
Musician guy

I didn't like Hiromi that much in the beginning because of her depressive outlook and way of acting, but since she's starting to open up a bit more she's becoming a more and more likeable character. I can't see anything else than Shin's family being the hugest obstacle in her hiding her feelings, as there seems to be some underlying grudge from Shin's mother to her or Hiromi's mother. I'm not going into any theories about any relationships between his father and Hiromi's mother, because I simply don't know what to think about it, I think it's still too early to tell.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:06   Link #10
cloudninja

It's obvious that Hiromi has incredibly strong feelings for Shinichiro although some people still doubt the nature of those feelings. I've believed since episode 2 that her decisions about what she's done and said since then have been influenced by her thoughts over seeing Shinichiro and Noe together. She was ok with being distant and reserved, sealing her thoughts and emotions, until she felt threatened by someone coming into Shinichiro's life. Since we know that Shinichiro has already liked Hiromi for a while it makes sense for them to be paired together even if its too cliched for some. She has the advantage of mutual feelings shared with Shinichiro but separated by misunderstandings and other obstacles as yet to be revealed and overcome.

Compared to Hiromi, Noe just came into Shin's life and while they might develop feelings it's still in its infancy. Quirky as she is, she might just want to help Shinichiro seek happiness by helping him going after what he wants. As for Aiko, she has the handicap of being perceived as Nobuse's girlfriend which is a big mental barrier in Shinichiro's mind.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 19:03   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I will eat my hat if i am proven wrong, but i think there is absolutely no contest here. Whatever (if anything at all) she might think of Noe's brother, the person she has feelings for is Shinichiro. The situation she faces at home is what prevents her speaking those things out loud though; it is not an easy subject for her, which is why she came up with this for her friend in the first place.
I think it's obvious that that Hiromi has feelings for Shinichiro, but I’m just saying that she might not be 100% lying about Noe's brother. If I’m right, then I still think she likes Shinichiro more anyways.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:14   Link #12
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm willing to bet her feelings for #4 are false and made up. its a defense mechanism when confronted by her friends.

however, i'm confused as to why they didn't play off Shinichiro overhearing her in ep 4. all they did was have her explain to him why she liked #4.

but my own speculation is:
Spoiler:

duh. if you didn't speculate the above for yourself.. well, good for you..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 20:00   Link #13
DanielSong39

Personally I hope Hiromi and Shin really are blood related... now watch the sparks fly!

(This is animeverse, after all)
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 20:14   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Personally I hope Hiromi and Shin really are blood related... now watch the sparks fly!

(This is animeverse, after all)
Yeah, I really don't. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind incest but when it's done for no reason, I'm not a big fan of it.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:20   Link #15
Falkor

Now that we have a character discussion thread on Hiromi, I think these posts should belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I didn’t quite explain myself last time, so I will try to sort out my ideas a little bit better this time around (probably not). Well, I still think that Hiromi is a lonely/insecure girl, seeking to ‘share’ her loneliness or understand herself, and for that matter she becomes interested in Noe (consciously) while she wants to befriend her ‘out of concern’ for Shinichiro (unconsciously). However, I still find unclear whether these two situations are related or not at all.
Spoiler for contains specific details about the first two episodes involving Hiromi:

Spoiler for speculation based on the first two episodes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I didn’t intend to write this much… but oh well… hopefully my thoughts on episode 04 won’t be this long.

**The first spoiler only contains facts about Hiromi**
Spoiler for some facts/specific spoilers about Hiromi from episode 03:

Spoiler for my thoughts/speculations on Hiromi:
Only a repost of what I had on the general discussion thread.

Probably I'm one of the few who doesn't buy any of the theories/speculations regarding her romantic feelings. In my opinion, I haven’t seen any conclusive/clear evidence at all, but very ambiguous situations that can go either way.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:27   Link #16
DanielSong39

Quote:
Yeah, I really don't. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind incest but when it's done for no reason, I'm not a big fan of it.
I'm not rooting for incest either; but you can almost see it coming; if they are blood-related they will yearn for the forbidden fruit...

I happen to be in the Noe camp so it would only be a bonus if they were related.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:06   Link #17
Divini
Senpai!

Hiromi... everytime she does something I always wonder what she's thinking about. I don't want to judge her yet as she's still stiff and keeps a lot to herself atm. She seems to have a nice personality when she does open up though. (Like the "toothpaste" scene)
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 07:27   Link #18
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Ah, Hiromi ...pretty much the only thing that interests me in this show.
I am relieved I am not the only one who feels that way.

Quote:
Right now I see no reason for Hiromi to be as depressed as she should be. She is a shy girl which is good but she is way to depressed. Whatever the mother is doing to her which we haven't seen yet better match up to her level of depression especially when we can see how much more open she can be when with friends or even playing sports
Maybe I am not watching that careflly but Hiromi does not seem that depressed to me, more like totally detached. Plus, living under one roof with someone who can't stand you is quite taxing (also if you can't stand someone, I have relatives who are so annoying that I can't be in one apartment with them for more than a few hours, let alone live under the same roof as them).

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:43   Link #19
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
This is a good theory. It seems obvious that there is something between Shin's mother and Hiromi, because you can't just hate someone so obviously. I guess we'll see.

Its pretty obvious if you ask me if she did have feelings for him that little speech Shin gave her would not have reduced her to tears. Im with Skyfall on this the situation in the household is what is causing her to not voice her feelings for Shin. The whole situation sucks. Imagine having to live with and see the person you love everyday but could not be with them or even tell them how you feel because their mother despises your very being.
Old 2008-01-30, 12:59   Link #20
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I love how everyone acts as if I deny any feelings Hiromi has for Shin.