Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 23:23   Link #21
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
There are a LOT of people that post on 2ch, you know. Enough to be a pretty accurate demographic slice.
The rank 50 and 1 only have ~300 and 900 Pts respectively through.

Then, as mentioned
Certainly, the ranking in 2channel would have to be different with the general NA or international ranking, because the differences in popularity of some certain anime(s), then most of us don't understand Japanese while many Japanese don't mind the use of unnecessary English (or Engrish in some case)
Old 2008-10-19, 23:53   Link #22
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Someone has the entire list there?
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 02:52   Link #23
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Edit2:
Clearer when comparing, for eample with Aime Source "favourite anime song ranking" or favourite Op part 1 and 2
That list is much, much worse then 2chan, while the 2chan list suffers from the 90s syndrome this one suffers from recently released anime only and more importantly: I only watch Naruto and Bleach therefore every song appeared in those series are awesome!!1!!
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 03:40   Link #24
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Don't have time so just start form top 50
Personally, approved these to be in top 50, but not to be in such order: Uninstall(Bokurano) , Inner Universe(Ghost in the Shell), God know (SHny), Innocent Starter (Nanoha), Eternal Blaze(Nanoha As), Tori no Uta (AIR), Cruel Angel Thesis.

Certainly, the ranking in 2channel would have to be different with the general NA or international ranking, because the differences in popularity of some certain anime(s), then most of us don't understand Japanese while many Japanese don't mind the use of unnecessary English (or Engrish in some case)

Edit2:
Clearer when comparing, for eample with Aime Source "favourite anime song ranking" or favourite Op part 1 and 2
#1 is the one from lucky star which destroy any credibility of that list
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:33   Link #25
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

I'm kinda translating the top 50 list names from 2ch's list. However, I'm getting stuck. Which animes and songs are #29 (I have no idea) and #12 (I'm guessing Gundam the Movie, dunno which one).
Old 2008-10-20, 05:49   Link #26
Blaat

#29 'Tsuki No Mayu' by Aki Okui Turn A Gundam 2nd Ending song
#12 "Ai Senshi" by Daisuke Inoue Mobile Suit Gundam movie II ending song
Old 2008-10-20, 09:23   Link #27
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
#1 is the one from lucky star which destroy any credibility of that list
Quote:
That list is much, much worse then 2chan, while the 2chan list suffers from the 90s syndrome this one suffers from recently released anime only and more importantly: I only watch Naruto and Bleach therefore every song appeared in those series are awesome!!1!!
It depend how do you classify credibility and "good or bad" through.

It's not like they (the list from 2chan and the anime-source) were made up by someone. It comes from the votes from two different group of audiences. And clearly it's proved my very first point in this thread.

PS: you don't have to remind me about "Naruto" and "Bleach" through
Old 2008-10-20, 12:32   Link #28
Kouvley

That was a nice trip down memory lane.

Not too bothered by the rankings, lots of good and worthy songs there.

Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw all of FictionJunction YUUKA's anime related songs in there. That's quite impressive.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 16:28   Link #29
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
#12 "Ai Senshi" by Daisuke Inoue Mobile Suit Gundam movie II ending song
Thank you. I will starting working in the next batch of 50.

EDIT: What's the name of the song in 15th? I know it was from Gundam Seed obviously.

Last edited by ddwkc; 2008-10-20 at 18:15.
Old 2008-10-21, 04:50   Link #30
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwkc View Post
Thank you. I will starting working in the next batch of 50.

EDIT: What's the name of the song in 15th? I know it was from Gundam Seed obviously.
15th song: Akatsuki no Kuruma by FictionJunction Yuuka an insert song, which is indeed used in Gundam SEED

Quote:
It's not like they (the list from 2chan and the anime-source) were made up by someone. It comes from the votes from two different group of audiences. And clearly it's proved my very first point in this thread.
You're quite correct, it simply means that my taste isn't compatible with that of 2chan and the posters of anime-planet.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:24   Link #31
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
15th song: Akatsuki no Kuruma by FictionJunction Yuuka an insert song, which is indeed used in Gundam SEED

You're quite correct, it simply means that my taste isn't compatible with that of 2chan and the posters of anime-planet.
2chan is not the same site as 2ch.

2ch is the largest forum in the world. It generates over 100 million a year and has a significant influence in Japanese society.

2ch has more influence on Japanese popular opinion than the prime minister, the emperor and the traditional media combined.

Quote:
The rank 50 and 1 only have ~300 and 900 Pts respectively through.

Then, as mentioned

No, you're really not getting just how many people post on 2ch. The poll points are because it's affected by the type of people who take online polls. It's certainly not because of it being an unrepresentative slice - in fact, I'd take popular opinion on 2ch as Japanese popular opinion, it's so popular. For fuck's sake, I can name 5 anime series off the top of my head which have tons of 2ch references. Nurse Witch Komugi is hailed as the "2ch anime" because SJIS text characters popular on 2ch are recurring characters. @ch (hint, look at where @ is on your keyboard) appears in Chaos;Head. The board that the delinquent boss on Cromartie High School posts on is 2ch as well. Even KITAAAAAAA, which appears in several series, comes from this ---> キタ━━(゚∀゚)━━ッ!! which in turn is a 2ch emot.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:53   Link #32
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
No, you're really not getting just how many people post on 2ch. The poll points are because it's affected by the type of people who take online polls. It's certainly not because of it being an unrepresentative slice - in fact, I'd take popular opinion on 2ch as Japanese popular opinion, it's so popular. For fuck's sake, I can name 5 anime series off the top of my head which have tons of 2ch references. Nurse Witch Komugi is hailed as the "2ch anime" because SJIS text characters popular on 2ch are recurring characters. @ch (hint, look at where @ is on your keyboard) appears in Chaos;Head. The board that the delinquent boss on Cromartie High School posts on is 2ch as well. Even KITAAAAAAA, which appears in several series, comes from this ---> キタ━━(゚∀゚)━━ッ!! which in turn is a 2ch emot.
Even if i assume the 900 Pts in 2ch scale represent 9000, or maybe 90,000 people. I still think my point is valid.

Given the same environment restriction and condition, more participants (votes in this case) only make the poll to present more accurate, not make it better or worse in deciding which song is good or bad, isn't it?

Take US president election for example, the one which get most votes ( except some particular cases: e.g. Bush Vs Al Gore ) don't means he is a better president in universe, world, and nation scale. The only thing make him win is because more electors believe he bring them profits (literally and figuratively) in the future.

Same with this case. A song got 1st rank only present: it is favoured by the most number of voters at the moment of the poll. It does not represent 2ch, Japan or the world opinion even when many people believe so.

PS: sorry to make long post, but i was requested to...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-10-21 at 11:05.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 15:08   Link #33
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
and in the middle of it all you see Alladin! WHAHAHA XD

edit: can someone give me the title of the song of nr. 29, can't read kanji

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-10-21 at 15:25.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 16:32   Link #34
Blaat

Quote:
2chan is not the same site as 2ch.
Oops my bad, thanks for the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
edit: can someone give me the title of the song of nr. 29, can't read kanji
You only have to scroll up a bit:
Quote:
Old 2008-10-21, 19:27   Link #35
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
You only have to scroll up a bit:
aah sorry but thanks for repeating it
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 01:01   Link #36
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
and in the middle of it all you see Alladin! WHAHAHA XD
Well, like someone else told me earlier, the list is from Japan, and to the japanese, Alladin IS an anime too, as "anime" is really just the japanese word for cartoon.
Old 2008-10-22, 02:46   Link #37
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

I'm almost finished: I need #62 (1986), #108 (1996, Big face), #119 (2006, JAM Project, I'm guessing it's a game or game-based-anime), #182 (1993, 3 ninjas) #248 (2002, I think I know, but I can't recall the name), #251 (1993, mecha one), #255 (2006) #266 (2006) #269 (1987) #275 (1984) #300 (1991). Sorry if I forgot the year of some of them.

I was a bit surprised with Aladdin and there are some songs that are not anime songs. They are game music.

There are another list on Youtube. I guess they do a list every month. There are not much difference as I can see. Some newer game-based (or games) animes there. At least Rise is better ranked.

Last edited by ddwkc; 2008-10-23 at 08:07.
Old 2008-10-22, 17:32   Link #38
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwkc View Post
I'm almost finished: I need #62, #108, #119 #182 #248 #251 #255 (2006) #266 (2006) #269 (1987) #275 (1984) #300 (1991). Sorry if I forgot the year of some of them.

I was a bit surprised with Aladdin and there are some songs that are not anime songs. They are game music.

There are another list on Youtube. I guess they do a list every month. There are not much difference as I can see. Some newer game-based (or games) animes there. At least Rise is better ranked.
62 is Duvet by BOA. The Serial Experiments LAIN OP.

Also, Aladdin is anime. Any cartoon is anime - like I said - in Japan. We're the strange ones to associate "made in Japan" with anime.

Let me rewatch the list again, I'm sure I could tell you the rest of them.
Old 2008-10-23, 08:02   Link #39
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Quote:
62 is Duvet by BOA. The Serial Experiments LAIN OP.

Also, Aladdin is anime. Any cartoon is anime - like I said - in Japan. We're the strange ones to associate "made in Japan" with anime.

Let me rewatch the list again, I'm sure I could tell you the rest of them.
The Lain one I know. There are another at #62. It seems like a spaceship. The image is bad. I can't recognize it. I will update the year (1986 in this case), so it will not be as confusing. The problem is they seem to make a new list in a short period of time. I don't know if it was worthy for me to try to translate the list.

About my surprise. Yeah, I know Japaneses consider any animation an anime. Just got surprised anyway although I know Japaneses love Disney movies as well.

Another thing that bugged me was the presence of game songs like Tales of Phantasia. I guess the list isn't just animes or games with anime inspiration counts as well. I didn't expect both cases.
Old 2008-10-23, 12:52   Link #40
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
hmmm, I would have had Catch You Catch Me (CCS op) much higher, as well as Outlaw Star op
Spoiler for 20-1:

Last edited by Zeroryoko1974; 2008-10-25 at 09:30.
Zeroryoko1974 is offline   Reply With Quote