AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 14:04   Link #161
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Machine View Post
Anyone notice that the les paul yui looks at first in the store says fender on the headstock but the one she buys is gibson?

Didnt know if anyone else said this and didnt feel like reading alot.

*prepares to be flamed*
A fender Les paul seriously!!(i'm being sarcastic and this is not a real guitar unless you can rip off your
les paul neck and replace it with a fender

I said that on the second season thread and others have before me
it honestly made me think they are not going to be serious with music if they get frickin brand name wrong
Old 2010-04-05, 15:32   Link #162
Riot Machine
Bassist Christ

Send a message via AIM to Riot Machine Send a message via MSN to Riot Machine
I'd play that.
Riot Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:08   Link #163
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
A fender Les paul seriously!!(i'm being sarcastic and this is not a real guitar unless you can rip off your

I said that on the second season thread and others have before me
it honestly made me think they are not going to be serious with music if they get frickin brand name wrong
Ironically that's what new Les Pauls kind of sound like, with the body's being chambered,
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 22:35   Link #164
Dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why don't you get the 18" ride first? You could actually do alot with just the 14" or 16", not both.
I got the 18" ride today. It's a Zildjian 18" K Custom Session Ride Cymbal and it sounds awesome with the set.
Dip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 01:44   Link #165
rockmanxpr

I've always wondered how the drums were stored away in the HipGig, now I know

Old 2010-04-10, 10:12   Link #166
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Google for squier M50 or M70 or DeArmond, the closes thing that fmic have that reasssembles gibson guitars.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 16:11   Link #167
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
The Fender thing was a gaffe in the second episode. The other episodes got it right, and it was corrected for the DVD and Blu-ray releases. As dumb a mistake as it was, credit has to be given to KyoAni for correcting it.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:54   Link #168
k3fan

In the ED of K-ON!!,Mio is shown using an Audix OM5 Corrected. A mike is not a musical instrument,but this gear thread is as close as I get.

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/snapshotb.jpg/

Last edited by k3fan; 2010-04-15 at 08:35.
k3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:53   Link #169
TremendousLion
Drum Legend

Send a message via AIM to TremendousLion
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
I've always wondered how the drums were stored away in the HipGig, now I know

Mugi is pretty strong then, she was able to carry all of that. o.O

On another note, I need a new drum kit, mines a really old (60s) Ludwig thats starting to break. I got it from my uncle three years ago and it just doesn't sound right, and I have no idea how to tune it.

I have the tuning key and have made several attempts at tuning the snare and toms (2, one mounted one floor) and can't get it right. I also only have one cymbal, (20'' ride and a broken 14'' high hat).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to look for a new kit, cymbals, and any hardware I would need? I am kind of on a budget though...
TremendousLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 12:13   Link #170
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremendousLion View Post
Mugi is pretty strong then, she was able to carry all of that. o.O

On another note, I need a new drum kit, mines a really old (60s) Ludwig thats starting to break. I got it from my uncle three years ago and it just doesn't sound right, and I have no idea how to tune it.

I have the tuning key and have made several attempts at tuning the snare and toms (2, one mounted one floor) and can't get it right. I also only have one cymbal, (20'' ride and a broken 14'' high hat).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to look for a new kit, cymbals, and any hardware I would need? I am kind of on a budget though...
How to tune a drum snare/tom by ear :

1. Do a sustained roll of 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 around the edges of the drum skin at 60 bpm. Increase to 120bpm and check for inconsistencies.

2. Play a middle C on any instrument, then play the next C one octave up. This (the 2nd C played) is the frequency you need to tune the snare.

3. Use the tuning key and loosen or tighten each side accordingly, in this order :

- Tune all the areas half a finger directly away from the screw, towards the centre, to the note.
- Take the direct centre between the two screws, then put half a finger towards the center, tune it the same way.
- Work your way inwards with a full finger subsequently.

4. Remember to tune the circumference half a finger inwards FIRST, then the full finger to have consistency.

5. Repeat step 1. Check that each note played sustains for at least a quarter of a second, if it disappears too quickly, your skin is too tight.

This isn't the most accurate way because it is done by ear, but it should be absolutely no problem for a few months of use. Also, it doesn't require perfect pitch to do so. If you have problems with measurement, use a black string and tie it across the screws, from one end to another across the centre to ensure that you are measuring towards it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 02:05   Link #171
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart View Post
(Disclaimer: I do not claim the credits for the images)

Fender JB62/LH/3TS

JB = Jazz Bazz
62 = Style Year 1962
LH = Left Handed (Mio is left handed)
3TS = 3 Tones Sunburst (color)

Features:
Strings: 4
Body: Basswood
Fingerboard: Maple
Pickups: Double, Vintage American Jazz Bass type - Passive type
Knobs: Two Volumes, One Tone
Source: http://kenji-cij.blogspot.com/2008/1...jazz-bass.html

Price: approx 72,000 yen (includes tax)

Interested to buy? http://www.amazon.co.jp/Fender-Japan.../dp/B00170KDOK
(Be careful, it is the left-handed version)
Hmm, it's the Fender JB62/3TS for the Right handed and JB62/LH/3TS for the left handed...
The JB62 featuring Japanese pickups while the Japanese Jazz 62RI that features the American Vintage pups is the JB62-US
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 02:36   Link #172
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

For those who're looking for cheap guitar, well you can get a very nice guitar with an excellent sound for $350-$380 its an Epiphone Les Paul 100. My first guitar was Epiphone Les Paul 100 and I'd say that its a very nice guitar to start and nice quality ^^.

BTW Yui has a Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunbrust Traditional, like this one:
Spoiler for IMG:
Old 2010-05-06, 03:44   Link #173
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
For those who're looking for cheap guitar, well you can get a very nice guitar with an excellent sound for $350-$380 its an Epiphone Les Paul 100. My first guitar was Epiphone Les Paul 100 and I'd say that its a very nice guitar to start and nice quality ^^.

BTW Yui has a Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunbrust Traditional, like this one:
Spoiler for IMG:
Well not to be nitpicky but Yui's guitar is just a Les Paul Standard due to price and what's on Episode 2 of the first season. What's the difference? Standards have a chambered body meaning that inside the body lots of wood has been routed out to lessen the weight and balance, but the guitars tone suffers from that. The Traditional LP is a real LP with no routing inside, its about a couple lbs. heavier but the tone is there.

Price wise, Standards are usually $2000-$3000 while the traditionals are $3500-$5000
Old 2010-05-06, 03:57   Link #174
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I wonder, since when Gibson started chambering their bodies?
Somehow for Roger Sadowsky it only did good but for Gibson- it pretty much killed it.
Old 2010-05-06, 04:03   Link #175
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitoDanny View Post
Somehow for Roger Sadowsky it only did good but for Gibson- it pretty much killed it.
I believe they started this in 2007 or 2008, before this they were routing just holes like swiss cheese in the body to for "weight balance" but were still pretty heavy. A shop where I live have some late 80's early 90's LP's for about 1600, if I had the money I'd be yoinking them off the stands :P
Old 2010-05-06, 04:12   Link #176
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

The heavier the instrument the better
I'm saying that as a bass player, I have an Ibanez SR20TH Prestige, this thing doesn't weight much at all, it's really really lite compared to my MIA Jazz Bass
Old 2010-05-07, 06:02   Link #177
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

By the way, I'm not sure the JB62 is the correct bass, in the Anime you can see the saddles of the bass bridge are threaded which only appears in the JB62-US and not the JB62, and as I mentioned the JB62 features Japanese "Vintage" pickups and not the American.

If some one can send email to Kyoto Animation and ask them what model the bass it, it would be great, for some reason I can't find any contact info.
Old 2010-05-07, 08:52   Link #178
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitoDanny View Post
Don't know about other models, but later 2007 and the new 2008 Les Paul standard models are chambered. The Traditional model is non chambered. Meaning yui's guitar is most likely a pre-2008 model.

Since the manga started off in 2007, it is probably easier to use the pre-2007 and 2007 catalogues and flyers to trackdown the models used in the series.
Old 2010-05-07, 09:16   Link #179
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

If so I'm pretty sure they aren't chambered, it happens that some guitars in shops stay there for 2-3 years, I bought my MIA Fender Jazz Bass in 2007 and it's a 2006 model.
Old 2010-05-07, 09:26   Link #180
Sides

Actually since 2008 all les pauls are chambered, the traditional have bullet holes, ~10% lighter than the old solid models.