AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 18:14   Link #801
Acer
Death to the infidels!

js06 will still earn status as a legendary monster.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 18:19   Link #802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Did you saw the Shana sales? I think JCStaff must be crying now that they even tried to adapt it after all this time.
It was a horrible failure in sales and even some random mediocre boobs-anime would sell better.
The sales are going to drop drastically every year they wait, I hoped they learned from Shana..
But well there is still some hope left that it will be announced later (some other series had announcements in July too) or that the raws just did not contained the announcement.
...For the Hundredth and One time, Shana was already in decline from it's Light Novel sales. In the first place Shana may be their flagship, but she sure as hell isnt their cashcow.

Secondly, and this is going to come has an Earth Shattering revelations to alot of people here- But similar to KyoAni and Kadokawa, JC Staff doesn't decide which show and when to Animate- You think JC Staff, or rather any Anime Studio, can foot the bill all by themselves?

Everybody has their own Overlords.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 19:36   Link #803
Miraluka
Banned

Then those overlord should have learned the lesson from Shana's failure.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:01   Link #804
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Then those overlord should have learned the lesson from Shana's failure.
Nobody really cares; the impression seems to be that dvd/bd sales are to determine whether there will be a follow-up season, and since that was Shana's swan song well...

This is further backed up when I've talked to a few Shana fans during the start of the season, none of them seem to be concerned whether it would do well in sales as long as it does well onscreen.

And why are people even complaining? We're still getting a Movie and a new PSP game! What happened to all those claims about willing to wait for movies or OVAs? Not so tough now are we?
Old 2012-06-12, 20:12   Link #805
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And why are people even complaining? We're still getting a Movie aren't we? What happened to all those claims about willing to wait for movies or OVAs?

Hmm.. (*nod*) Although I'm dying for some more Index anime/Light Novel to come out, I have to say that the movie should tire people over until something else gets announced I think its a matter of patients.

I'm willing to wait cause when a new anime comes out it'll be worth the wait.

In regards to Shana I can't really comments to it since I never really liked it.

Last edited by jalvin_billster1091; 2012-06-12 at 20:13. Reason: added a Shana comment
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:24   Link #806
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And why are people even complaining? We're still getting a Movie and a new PSP game! What happened to all those claims about willing to wait for movies or OVAs? Not so tough now are we?
The problem is that the movie isn't going to be out until early next year and then it will take a long time until the sub is released. And I don't own a PSP

Although TBH I just really want to see volume 15 animated, especially Accelerator versus Kakine.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:25   Link #807
Miraluka
Banned

Why not an Index OVA? That would be enough bttb.
Old 2012-06-12, 20:44   Link #808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
The problem is that the movie isn't going to be out until early next year and then it will take a long time until the sub is released. And I don't own a PSP
Doesn't matter, it's still keeping the franchise in the loop with the Japanese Fans.

I would gladly spend 1-2hours digging through all the threads to find out who are the ones that said they have no qualms with waiting that whole year for an Index Movie (I know you exists, I remember that conversation)- The face-rubbing orgasm would be epic if I find out it's one of you people

But sadly I've got real life work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Why not an Index OVA? That would be enough bttb.
Nothing seems to be good enough for anybody.
Old 2012-06-12, 21:42   Link #809
Miraluka
Banned

As long as it keeps the fanbase alive its okay, the subforum was almost dead before the movie updates and now is returning to tha state once again.
Old 2012-06-13, 13:12   Link #810
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Trying to read the texts explaining the chapter, if I get it right, it seems that the history of Himegami will be explained in the manga. just do not get (angry reading this) will be like this.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:11   Link #811
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Good choice I guess skipping.....2 arcs?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:59   Link #812
tsunade666

that's remnant arc right? then they just follow the arc after the book of laws though they did skip deep blood and angel fall arc.
Old 2012-06-14, 12:51   Link #813
Acer
Death to the infidels!

There is a note at the end of the site where I took these pictures that warned that the Kogino would reveal the secret of the transfer student (Himegami), as this will be done is a mystery to me, and as I do not know Japanese have understood wrong, anyway this is the warning.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:36   Link #814
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
There is a note at the end of the site where I took these pictures that warned that the Kogino would reveal the secret of the transfer student (Himegami), as this will be done is a mystery to me, and as I do not know Japanese have understood wrong, anyway this is the warning.
A secret, like further expanding/explaining her ability? So Kamachi finally decided to give Himegami some spotlight after all, pretty sad to see her arc overstepped
Old 2012-06-16, 08:55   Link #815
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Chapter 50 has been translated
Old 2012-06-16, 10:50   Link #816
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Tatemyia was very well designed

What I really liked this chapter was the fight between Touma + Stiyl vs Tatemyia, and comment on the Index of magic used by Tatemyia this chapter. this is a comment that unfortunately was not in the anime.

Volume 10 now only comes out in August, will have a long pair take the chapter 51

Last edited by Acer; 2012-06-16 at 12:55.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:40   Link #817
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
i really like how he included WHY grimoires can't be destroyed. when I first watched Index, they were all "boohoo grimoires can't be destroyed, just sealed" and i'm like "WHY? SOMEBODY EXPLAIN IT TO ME", but the explanation never came.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:53   Link #818
desrtsku
Nympholept

Ok, so officially, now Index manga> Index anime ... that's pretty rare for light novel based series -_-
Old 2012-06-18, 12:55   Link #819
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Ok, so officially, now Index manga> Index anime ... that's pretty rare for light novel based series -_-
No the manga still skipped two important arcs so I wouldn't call it superioir just be ause of that.
Old 2012-06-18, 14:42   Link #820
Acer
Death to the infidels!

because of the manga have jumped two arcs it will never be issues in general better than the anime, BUT this volume 5 it has been doing a better job in my opinion, the six volumes of the book was better adapted in the manga that the anime (even without the extra 10 pages in translation) explaining simple things of why Kazakiri afraid of Touma and working better construction of their friendship. and the book of the law although well below the book, paying attention to the points that the anime ignored. but let's face it, the second season had a very bad direction, practically not explain anything about the book of the law (this single page of the manga http://www.mangareader.net/to-aru-ma...no-index/45/11 best explains the book of the law that four episodes of the anime.

Tags
fantasy, shounen