AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-05, 12:49   Link #421
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All you can do is wait and hope. Would certainly be nice to have this game come over someday.
Old 2012-11-05, 17:46   Link #422
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
All you can do is wait and hope. Would certainly be nice to have this game come over someday.
I know this is pessimistic of me but my hopes lie with the fan translation patch. The second that's out I'm importing the game from Japan.
Old 2012-11-06, 05:14   Link #423
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
How do they get the patch to work? Won't the user have to mod their PSP or something?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 09:25   Link #424
willx
Nyaaan~~

Valkyria Chronicles 3 Fan Translation Project

For those who are curious, testing and editing of nearly all the storyline text (main story, characters missions) inserted into the game has begun. The way the text is rendered in the game can lead to some strange text alignments, so every line will need to be checked manually. This is a slow, but steady process. Unfortunately, menus have still not been translated yet, but they’re being worked on. There’s a lot more individual character limits that we have to work around when dealing with menus. We’re getting there! It’ll just take time.

http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 16:43   Link #425
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
How do they get the patch to work? Won't the user have to mod their PSP or something?
Sometime ago the root keys for the PSP code signing were cracked which means that it's now possible to just sign any bit of code to run on an unmoded PSP. That's what I've been using to run emulators and translation patches on my Go (that and ripping UMDs on my 2000 to use on the Go)
Old 2012-11-06, 21:50   Link #426
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sick.

Cheers for the info, Dextro.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 23:58   Link #427
florza
一日之计在于晨

Having completed the game a year ago, I must say it's as awesome as the reviews say .

The Valkyrie Mode is kind of disappointing though. The beam doesn't have AoE . Just one pew and 1 thing dies.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 05:01   Link #428
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just a heads up - progress has gone very well on the VC3 fan translation, so most likely a release will happen sometime this year. Link here.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 17:43   Link #429
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just a heads up - progress has gone very well on the VC3 fan translation, so most likely a release will happen sometime this year. Link here.
Yhep, sure seems like it. I've just gotten my copy of the game in the mail. It took 4 months to get here due to problems with shipping but I'm finally ready for the patch
Old 2013-03-18, 20:17   Link #430
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, at leadt it won't be as bad as Front Mission 5. Took almost 5 years before they finally finished their patch, but it was worth it.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-16, 02:05   Link #431
Parasol Lady
The lady with the parasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Dang, look at those glorious, glorious menus. I'm so excited to *finally* play this game in English. I wonder if they'll have any plans to port VC3 to PS3. VC3 HD or something...or better yet...Vakyria Chronicles Trilogy in HD! XD
Old 2013-06-16, 11:51   Link #432
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

PS3's being replaced by PS4, so I doubt it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see a playable patch by next year.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-04, 02:29   Link #433
shadow1296

y'know i'm beginning to wonder why sega won't bring this game to the states, it is from what i read of the reviews of it the best game of the series, and the series is quite popularv well the first one was, and with the release of cross zone more people will find out that there is a third installement and interest in it would spike, do they think it would not sell well because 2 from what i understand didn't , but if that where the case they could save money by releasing it like Black rock shooter and release it as an digital download only game with no english voice actors,
Old 2013-07-08, 04:17   Link #434
Velsy

I think its more stupid of Sega for not releasing a ps3 version. Yet the complained about no.2 with no sales? Because people with only PS3s couldnt buy/play it.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:51   Link #435
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I think its more stupid of Sega for not releasing a ps3 version. Yet the complained about no.2 with no sales? Because people with only PS3s couldnt buy/play it.
They aren't stupid and you can't blame them - they reportedly lost money on the first game both domestically (software only, they made it up from the merchandise and licensing later which is why the franchise was kept alive) and overseas even with the acclaimed reviews received everywhere due to the high cost of development on the PS3, which is why they took the series to the PSP with its much cheaper development cost for the sequel. Even though the sequel wasn't as well received they actually made more money from it than the first game in Japan, and again the low cost of PSP development means localization for the sequel was a low risk investment. This of course all naturally led to them continuing the trend of going to PSP for the third game. Also keep in mind that the overseas market was never part of the plan, so serving the domestic PSP install base (which is huge due to Monster Hunter boom) was their only priority.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:32   Link #436
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
They aren't stupid and you can't blame them - they reportedly lost money on the first game both domestically (software only, they made it up from the merchandise and licensing later which is why the franchise was kept alive) and overseas even with the acclaimed reviews received everywhere due to the high cost of development on the PS3, which is why they took the series to the PSP with its much cheaper development cost for the sequel. Even though the sequel wasn't as well received they actually made more money from it than the first game in Japan, and again the low cost of PSP development means localization for the sequel was a low risk investment. This of course all naturally led to them continuing the trend of going to PSP for the third game. Also keep in mind that the overseas market was never part of the plan, so serving the domestic PSP install base (which is huge due to Monster Hunter boom) was their only priority.
true but i am pretty sure they have gotten e-mails about it and they are quite a few petitions online to bring it here, and if they wanted to lessen the cost of it even more they can make it like BRS, heck they can even port over to the vita and give it some trophy's because i do know quite few people who didn't play the original who would of liked it because of the lack of trophies, there are several things they can do but they choose not to

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-07-08 at 10:45.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:46   Link #437
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
true but i am pretty sure they have gotten e-mails about it and they are quite a few petitions online to bring it here, and if they wanted to lessen the cost of it even more they can make it like BRS, heck they can even port over to the vita and give it some trophy's because i do know quite few people who didn't play the original who would of liked it because of the lack of trophies, there are several things they can do but they choose not to
Except trying to release the game digitally as a means to save cost, none of what you said is in business terms that viable.

You should know that online petition means very little when it comes to dealing in anything on the internet because it takes almost no effort and no money to partitipate in one - if you are talking real influence via online means today you'll be looking at a Kickstarter project or something where people actually fork out money. Porting to Vita also makes no sense unless it has a business case in the Japanese market domestically first (like I said before, for these games the priority is always to serve the domestic market, the overseas one is never part of the plan) - but with the game already released several times on the PSP (normal, platinum, the EX version) they've milked it dry already, and the Vita does not have a large enough user base to justify the cost and risk of porting it over and publishing it (hey publishing it on the PSN store cost money too, it's not free) either when the PSP version is so damn cheap(which if Vita gets a port, would be directly competing against these cheap versions).

They really didn't have that many things they could do which doesn't involve sinking in a fair bit of money for a high risk investment with very little return, so in the business sense it doesn't make any sense to do so.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 21:02   Link #438
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm still holding ou hope for an HD collection with the 3 games. That would be one way to get it out in the west seeing how ps3 games sell better than psp ones outside of Japan (look at the decision to only release Project Diva F on the ps3 on the west)
Old 2013-07-08, 21:51   Link #439
shadow1296

true porting it to the vita may not be cost effective but its a possibility and like dextro said could do a ps3 hd collection it also may not be cost effective but a ps3 version will be able to get the people who didn't buy 2 because of the fact it was on psp again a stupid move on their part, but yeah they will most likely not bring it to america unless a third party pays them to bring it, like nintendo's paying them to make beyonneta 2
Old 2013-12-26, 16:06   Link #440
Dextro
He Without a Title

Big news everyone! The VC3 translation patch is finally out! Get it before Sega gets wind of this and rains on everybody's parade.

Note: it only works with the E2 version of the game and not everything is translated yet. It's also confirmed working with the PSN version of the game so go and get that one since it's on sale for ¥980.