Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-05, 02:41   Link #1301
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The end of episode 1 was glorious and probably my 2nd or so fav scene. There were few things that could ever match that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:26   Link #1302
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDango View Post
no, they're no releasing that version.
You will have to make do with the LQ version from the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNY_LxDBPc
wtf, that is the best version of the song. why isn't it being released?

I actually just want Setsuna singing and the piano. The guitar sucks.

Last edited by tun; 2014-02-07 at 16:41.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:47   Link #1303
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So, yesterday I watched al 13 episodes in a row, and I got to say: Goddamit, this series is a top notch romance, and a good series overall, as it really got me emotionally invested. wich is a lot more of what I can say about other series.
First things first, the first chapter was absolutely perfect, it was the perect pitch for a romance, a proper introduction and then some.
I blame the first and second chapter for making me a Setsuna shipper, because for the first 2 episodes or so, she was presented as the main girl, and when Touma's plot begin to unravel, I was already invested in Setsuna's ship.
The story was really well presented, and I found myself in denial for about 3/4 of the series, because there were so many clues pointing to a Touma ending, and, after episode 7, they were no longer little, they would practically hit you in the head with Touma's ship.
And in the end, they all got screwed, mainly because of Hariki's indecisiveness, by the time he made up his mind about who he loved, there was no way to avoid hurting someone, and the one who got screwed the most was Setsuna, who lost both her best friend, and her boyfriend (who in retorspective, was kind of an idiot) to said best friend...

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-03-12 at 01:37. Reason: No spoilers PLEASE
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 10:14   Link #1304
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
And in the end, they all got screwed, mainly because of Hariki's indecisiveness, by the time he made up his mind about who he loved, there was no way to avoid hurting someone, and the one who got screwed the most was Setsuna, who lost both her best friend, and her boyfriend (who in retorspective, was kind of an idiot) to said best friend...
I just watched the whole series recently, and i have to agree. Haruki's indecisiveness ended up ruining their whole relationship, judging by the end all three of them are emotionally damaged and scarred. The girls were pretty disturbed already, but he managed to make things worse.

It's funny that i had hopes for him at the beginning, Haruki seemed like a pretty confident MC, definitely more than usual...but ever since he accepted Setsuna (a huge mistake that could avoid most of the damage), he went utterly downhill. In the end, he turned out to be yet another horrible, selfish, piece of crap person who thinks with his lower head. A Makoto in the making.

As for the girls, Setsuna annoyed me in the beginning with her desperate clinging, but Touma somehow went downhill almost as badly as Haruki. Her late behavior became unbearable ("welp, i'm leaving the country because i'm such a good person, and i don't want to be found, but i'll chase you everywhere anyway, including your house! no really, i just wanted to look at you!! did i screw up both of your lives now?? ok bye") . The scene where she leaves his house after sex, looking all disoriented and zombie-like, was School Days material. I was half-expecting to find Haruki's dead body inside. In fact there was something seriously disturbing about their making out scenes, it seemed more animal than passionate, and the crying was overdone.

Great story (i do like my bad end, not gonna lie) but unlikeable characters. Show was as good as it was annoying.

Last edited by Goty; 2014-03-08 at 10:32.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:23   Link #1305
Kakurin
大佐

Watched all 13 episodes the last two days. Have to agree with the people above. Episode 1 was just beautiful. Loved the ending, from the scenery to the song. Just everything. But the entire series was done very well. It foreshadows the ending in the very beginning, but still builds up nicely. From episode 1 I was on the Setsuna ship fully knowing that she'll "lose". Thus I was starting to hurt with every passing episode. Episode 7 was kind of bittersweet. It really was the culmination, like Kitahara said, the moment they were closest and it was beautiful looking at them. At the same time it was heartbreaking knowing what was inevitably going to come. The execution thereafter was handled pretty well, showing how every character wrestles with the development, as well as showing how Touma came to be. The finale was strung together nicely and the lovemaking scene was also handled well, embedded in the overall development, instead of just for the sake of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I don't think his indecisiveness is the biggest problem. His biggest issues are in my eyes his denseness and his inability to refuse the wishes of both girls. For the first, he just totally whiffed on picking up the signs Touma was sending out. Yes, she didn't make it easy, but he just had to compare the way she treated everybody else and the way she treated him to get on the track. What's puzzling here is, he knew fully well that she can be a gentle person and he also knew that she doesn't show her gentle side to anyone else, but he fails to put 1 and 1 together and realize that she may be interested in him. Of course even if he realizes this it is still doubtful whether he'll take decisive action, but at least he doesn't waltz around as clueless as evidenced in episode 10. "But didn't you think nothing of me?", seriously? The latter problem compounded with the first is then really driving the car into the mud. Not realizing Touma's feelings he has no qualms (coupled perhaps with a certain level of attraction) about accepting Setsuna. As he told Touma in the flashback in episode 11 he doesn't meddle with everybody's affairs. Just hers and Setsuna's. So he cares very much about those two and has great difficulties rejecting any wish that stems from their hearts. As such I'm unwilling to criticize him too harshly and put him in the same sentence with Makoto. He suffers from a common human problem (as do Touma and Setsuna); how to deal with his very own nature, how to handle it when it drives him into the wrong direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
And best of all I loved how the title song omission back at the concert episode was intentional, and they played it as the last scene of this fantastic series.
Yeah, the moment the episode jumped it was clear what they had done (and what I honestly anticipated). The title just fits the ending perfectly. Love Beyond Reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
Do they have plans to release the acoustic version of WHITE ALBUM that they performed in the first episode? It's not on the OST, and as far as I can see, it's not on that vocal collection set for March either.
What, are you sure? That would heresy. This song is the best one of all...

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-03-12 at 01:36.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 19:32   Link #1306
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I don't think his indecisiveness is the biggest problem. His biggest issues are in my eyes his denseness and his inability to refuse the wishes of both girls. For the first, he just totally whiffed on picking up the signs Touma was sending out. Yes, she didn't make it easy, but he just had to compare the way she treated everybody else and the way she treated him to get on the track. What's puzzling here is, he knew fully well that she can be a gentle person and he also knew that she doesn't show her gentle side to anyone else, but he fails to put 1 and 1 together and realize that she may be interested in him. Of course even if he realizes this it is still doubtful whether he'll take decisive action, but at least he doesn't waltz around as clueless as evidenced in episode 10. "But didn't you think nothing of me?", seriously? The latter problem compounded with the first is then really driving the car into the mud. Not realizing Touma's feelings he has no qualms (coupled perhaps with a certain level of attraction) about accepting Setsuna. As he told Touma in the flashback in episode 11 he doesn't meddle with everybody's affairs. Just hers and Setsuna's. So he cares very much about those two and has great difficulties rejecting any wish that stems from their hearts. As such I'm unwilling to criticize him too harshly and put him in the same sentence with Makoto. He suffers from a common human problem (as do Touma and Setsuna); how to deal with his very own nature, how to handle it when it drives him into the wrong direction.
Yeah, I don't quite think he cared all that much for Setsuna, seeing how he treated her. Then, there's the thing about his nature, that's the great thing about us humans, we got the ability of rational thinking, and because of that, we're not supposed to let ourselves be bound by our instincts, should Haruki had used his head once in the entire series, we wouldn't be in this mess, sadly, as you acurately said, they're all flawed, but him, Haruki, it's the main responsible for the mess.

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-03-12 at 01:31. Reason: NO SPOILERS
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:33   Link #1307
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The Vocal Collection is out, and I can confirm that the acoustic WHITE ALBUM track from Episode 1 is not here. Such a shame, but this vocal collection has so many other beautiful tracks that I think I can forgive it.

Seriously, grab this album. It's absolutely sublime, with not that many repeats from the previous albums from the game counterpart. They even added in a cover version of Free and Dream from Tears to Tiara, of which was featured before the concert scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
What, are you sure? That would heresy. This song is the best one of all...
Looks like it's true, unfortunately. Still recommend you grab the collection album, since it's so good. Maybe we'll get it somewhere down the line, because I would still love to have it.
Old 2014-03-24, 23:03   Link #1308
Mazryonh

Quote:
The Vocal Collection is out, and I can confirm that the acoustic WHITE ALBUM track from Episode 1 is not here. Such a shame, but this vocal collection has so many other beautiful tracks that I think I can forgive it.
Could you do us all a favour and post up a track listing of this Vocal Collection in English? I'm sure it'd be much appreciated.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 23:18   Link #1309
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'll do my best, but my translations probably aren't top-notch. If someone wants to proof it after I post, I wouldn't mind listing it.

1. Todokanai Koi (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
2. Akujo
3. I'm Fallin' in Love
4. After All ~Tsuzuru Omoi~ '13
5. Twinkle Snow '13
6. WHITE LOVE
7. Taisetsu na Kimi he
8. Closing '13
9. WHITE ALBUM (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
10. SOUND OF DESTINY (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
11. Sayonara no Koto
12. Free and Dream
13. Todokanai Koi '13
14. Yasashii Uso
15. Koi no Youna
Old 2014-03-26, 09:59   Link #1310
eceso

one of my favorites, loved loved loved this show

also loved the subtle references to season 1

as much as the ending hurt, it was the best way to end it

Touma>>>
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:45   Link #1311
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
I been seeing a lot of people say watch this over and over, and I finally got around to it and ended up marathoning it. It felt so real, in a way and the way they did the final 4 episodes with the whole flash back and helping you understand the complexity in the relationship it's hard to find any one person at fault although people are all going to come to their own conclusions.

My opinion overall is that everyone is at fault, and seeing as Setsuana was the only one who was upfront with her feelings and who knew everything doesn't make her any less of wrong. I think any guy in that situation that Haruki was in, not believing the one you actually love cares at all and the one who you like (though may not love) makes a move on you and you find her attractive. I think that's just normal, you can tell from the dialogue and him confronting Touma that if she had came out right there and said she was not okay with it because she loved him, that it would've been nipped there. I think overall, in the end, though it's sad now that we think it wont work out that there could be a future where it does for Touma and Haruki. It's growing pains and how life goes when you go from High School to College, a lot of things change and you leave people behind. If you work hard enough you can fix that, but leaving that in the open is what made it sad to begin with...

The ending was terrifyingly sad and stopping on a note where the you hope for a situation where everyone is happy at that time in their life is hard to come to terms with. Probably one of the best anime I have ever seen to be frank, and how they incorporated it all into a short series that felt so complete and heart-wrenching. Can't think of one that was able to do this since AnoHanna, even though Kids on the Slope was great too.

5/5 must watch if your a fan of anime in general, especially if you like drama and romance.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 14:51   Link #1312
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I'll do my best, but my translations probably aren't top-notch. If someone wants to proof it after I post, I wouldn't mind listing it.

Spoiler for Shortening the post:
Indeed, that's a solid listing. Sad to see that the rooftop White Album isn't on it, but the campus one isn't bad either. Thanks for the list.
Old 2014-04-02, 22:01   Link #1313
Mazryonh

Quote:

1. Todokanai Koi (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
2. Akujo
3. I'm Fallin' in Love
4. After All ~Tsuzuru Omoi~ '13
5. Twinkle Snow '13
6. WHITE LOVE
7. Taisetsu na Kimi he
8. Closing '13
9. WHITE ALBUM (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
10. SOUND OF DESTINY (Live at Campus Fes)(TV Anime Ver.)
11. Sayonara no Koto
12. Free and Dream
13. Todokanai Koi '13
14. Yasashii Uso
15. Koi no Youna
Thanks for posting the list. But I thought Yasashii Uso (Gentle Lie) was from the game's CC section (it plays at the credits for each of the CC section's heroines), not from the anime itself. Is it sung by the original singer or someone else?

By the way, I'm sure I've asked this before, but are there any Japanese-fluent users here who could translate the following small thing for me?

Images
Promo Art for a WA2 Event
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This was a promo picture for a WA2-related event; those who know Japanese can read about it at the following link. Can anyone here enlighten us as to what the event was about? It looks like it encompassed both White Album games since the main heroines from both are in the promo picture.

http://www.last-stage.info/
Old 2014-04-02, 22:16   Link #1314
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
That's a really nice picture. Love the character designs.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 17:17   Link #1315
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
That's a really nice picture. Love the character designs.
It was drawn by Misaki Kurehito, one of the top-tier eroge illustrators around. This is what makes me think the event could be a doujinshi event of some type.
Old 2014-05-02, 05:55   Link #1316
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Thanks for posting the list. But I thought Yasashii Uso (Gentle Lie) was from the game's CC section (it plays at the credits for each of the CC section's heroines), not from the anime itself. Is it sung by the original singer or someone else?

By the way, I'm sure I've asked this before, but are there any Japanese-fluent users here who could translate the following small thing for me?

Images
Promo Art for a WA2 Event
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This was a promo picture for a WA2-related event; those who know Japanese can read about it at the following link. Can anyone here enlighten us as to what the event was about? It looks like it encompassed both White Album games since the main heroines from both are in the promo picture.

http://www.last-stage.info/
I think I ever read that, but since I won't go to japan in that time anyway so I kinda ignore it
actually it's an event for a circle to make doujinshi and sell it, the doujinshi is of course white album or white album 2 related things
well, I think it's an event just for white album and white album 2, so cosplay and such must also white album and white album 2's things

ah... just remember, today there's no radio anymore for wa2.. sad
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 11:30   Link #1317
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I think I ever read that, but since I won't go to japan in that time anyway so I kinda ignore it
actually it's an event for a circle to make doujinshi and sell it, the doujinshi is of course white album or white album 2 related things
well, I think it's an event just for white album and white album 2, so cosplay and such must also white album and white album 2's things
Since the time I originally asked that question, someone already told me that in addition to being a doujin event, it also had a mini-concert for Akari Tsuda and Rena Uehara (Nana Mizuki probably being too "big-ticket" for the event, despite being the biggest star in the franchise and guaranteed to bring in lots more ticket buyers).

Some of those doujin artists were pretty good, according to the list. The likes of Hiro Suzuhira and Misaki Kurehito are pretty big names in the JP anime-style illustration world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
ah... just remember, today there's no radio anymore for wa2.. sad
Did Koharu Sugiura's (a heroine from the Closing Chapter of the game) seiyuu, Yoriko Nagata, ever appear on the radio show? Last I checked she was conspicuously absent from the "additional materials" from the game (such as soundtrack CDs, audio drama CDs, etc.).
Old 2014-05-09, 10:52   Link #1318
Augustana

Just watched it,im very exited about that anime and i also liked very much!
Btw guys do u know is there goin to be 2nd season??
Old 2014-05-09, 13:14   Link #1319
Frontier

Not right now, but I think the the Vita port for the Visual Novel sold very well, and the blu-ray sales weren't half bad, so a second season certainly isn't impossible .

I also seem to recall storyboards featuring Kazusa in her Coda design...
Old 2014-05-09, 15:22   Link #1320
Kakurin
大佐

BD sales are swinging around 3,000 copies (it's BD only, so no DVD version), so I guess it's not an impossibility.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical