AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 08:14   Link #121
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I have a theory in response to those who think the series is misnamed.

Spoiler:
Somehow Tamayura became the plot to Devilman. All hail our new Potte Overlord?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:41   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Spoiler:
I would actually watch this.
Old 2013-07-21, 21:12   Link #123
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:

Spoiler:
Nooo this cant grow darker I wouldnt watch this is Potte become evil
Old 2013-07-21, 21:34   Link #124
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Nooo this cant grow darker I wouldnt watch this is Potte become evil
I concur. As a healing anime, making this series evil would be like saying that salt is the best treatment for an open wound.
Old 2013-07-21, 22:31   Link #125
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The title does fit. More is the key word. Fuu is not aggressive, but she is more aggressive than she used to be.
Not only that, but the show in general is more aggressive. There's a bit more drama and plot here than what there was in Season 1.

Tamayura ~Hitotose~ was definitely the lightest and fluffiest (in a good way) show of its season, and probably of the entire year of 2012.

I honestly can't say that about Tamayura ~More Aggressive~. I honestly find Kiniro Mosaic lighter and fluffier than I do Tamayura ~More Aggressive~. That's not to say that either show is necessarily better than the other, just that this one actually has more plot and drama to sink one's teeth into than what Kiniro Mosaic has, imo.

I mean, the Tamayura girls lived a very charmed existence in Season 1, really. It was highly pleasant and heartwarming to watch, but it definitely felt idealized. Here in Season 2, Potte is in fact experiencing some failures and setbacks. And her teachers and friends aren't sugarcoating it much - Their honest about how Potte needs to pull off a "comeback" after that disastrous presentation.

So that makes Potte's successes feel a bit more rewarding and real.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:10   Link #126
Dr. Casey

Dex, SQA, Kanon: I'm glad you guys enjoyed that.

Oh, Tamayura ~Hitotose~ was a 2011 series, Triple; Autumn 2011. Does that change of your opinion of how it compares to the rest of the season/year, out of curiosity? That would depend on whether you consider 2011 or 2012 to be the more lighthearted and fluffy anime year.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:23   Link #127
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I mean, the Tamayura girls lived a very charmed existence in Season 1, really. It was highly pleasant and heartwarming to watch, but it definitely felt idealized. Here in Season 2, Potte is in fact experiencing some failures and setbacks. And her teachers and friends aren't sugarcoating it much - Their honest about how Potte needs to pull off a "comeback" after that disastrous presentation.
Interesting. I certainly agree with everything you say in this post, but I think we don't get a complete picture if we put this in only the TV context and ignore the OVA, which was about Fuu tracking the place of the photo of her dad (with the help of her friends).

I think there's a clear progression:

1. Outward oriented: Fuu is stuck in her grief, and she has to go out into the world to overcome it. [main function of setting: exploration]

2. Inward oriented: having come to terms with her Father's death, Fuu must get a grip of who she is. [setting: shelter]

3. Outward orientation: having arrived at a pro-forma identity to draw strength from, Fuu must now go out and forge her place in society. [setting: opportunity]

I sort of think a turtle might have been better mascot for the show than Momoneko sama. It fits the pace, the desire to withdraw, and also the slow determination and confidence that, eventually, you'll arrive at your goal (no matter how many rabbits zip past you).

Kidding. I wouldn't dream of questioning Momoneko sama.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 07:06   Link #128
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Dex, SQA, Kanon: I'm glad you guys enjoyed that.
It was very funny. Great wording on the title names in particular.

Quote:
Oh, Tamayura ~Hitotose~ was a 2011 series, Triple; Autumn 2011. Does that change of your opinion of how it compares to the rest of the season/year, out of curiosity? That would depend on whether you consider 2011 or 2012 to be the more lighthearted and fluffy anime year.
lol, thanks for the correction. It probably doesn't change my opinion on Tamayura ~Hitotose~, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Interesting. I certainly agree with everything you say in this post, but I think we don't get a complete picture if we put this in only the TV context and ignore the OVA, which was about Fuu tracking the place of the photo of her dad (with the help of her friends).
I have to admit that I never saw the OVA. Perhaps I should watch that someday.

So admittedly I'm only familiar with the generally content Fuu that has come to terms with her father's death, and who uses his impact on her life as a great source of inspiration and self-expression.

Quote:

I think there's a clear progression:

1. Outward oriented: Fuu is stuck in her grief, and she has to go out into the world to overcome it. [main function of setting: exploration]

2. Inward oriented: having come to terms with her Father's death, Fuu must get a grip of who she is. [setting: shelter]

3. Outward orientation: having arrived at a pro-forma identity to draw strength from, Fuu must now go out and forge her place in society. [setting: opportunity]

I sort of think a turtle might have been better mascot for the show than Momoneko sama. It fits the pace, the desire to withdraw, and also the slow determination and confidence that, eventually, you'll arrive at your goal (no matter how many rabbits zip past you).
That's probably a good way of putting it. I like the turtle analogy.
Old 2013-07-22, 07:14   Link #129
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So admittedly I'm only familiar with the generally content Fuu that has come to terms with her father's death, and who uses his impact on her life as a great source of inspiration and self-expression.
The personality was the same, but she was driven by the desire to find the place. I remember that characterisation was generally weaker in the OVA than in the TV series, but there was better thematic coherence. It's only 4 episodes, so I suggest you watch it some time. Probably not while this season is airing. As good as Tamayura is, it's a show that's easy to overdose on.

ETA: I think the OVA also stands out in that it has a very good ending. One of the best anime original endings I know.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:09   Link #130
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Have to agree that this season thus far has a bit more going on, as Fuu is going outside her comfort zone some - I guess for me the ED kinda sums it up in entirety for me: a scene where she is sitting alone and crying while holding her father's camera - something has happened to her, and whether it is the pain of remembering her father or the pain of encountering pain her thinking back to how her father would show her love when she was hurt and angry as a child helps her though the situation.

Something like this just did not pop up in the OVAs and Hitotose. The closest was Fuu looking shocked when she came home and found Kou looking at their father's photo album....
Old 2013-07-22, 19:35   Link #131
Marina2

While no sign of it in OP, I wonder if Fuu will get more member (new characters) into her club.
Old 2013-07-24, 10:26   Link #132
Marina2

Ep.4

Kanae catch phrase is "Hmm...Hmm...Hmm...demo~ demo~ soka~ soka~"

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-07-24 at 10:45.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 14:35   Link #133
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.4

Kanae catch phrase is "Hmm...Hmm...Hmm...demo~ demo~ soka~ soka~"
And it an aggressively moe catch phrase
Old 2013-07-26, 05:36   Link #134
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Episode 4:

Aggressive Potte is aggressive~

Although when she isn't, she and Kanae really are like two peas in a pod

I do like the idea of the Thousand Cherry Trees though, so fitting of the series. ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-07-26 at 05:48.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:58   Link #135
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Potte and Kanae's performance was so adorable and funny. They did pretty well with what they had available. Kanae is fitting right in with the rest of the cast, and as expected she gets along wonderfully with Fuu. She's so cute~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I do like the idea of the Thousand Cherry Trees though, so fitting of the series. ;-;
I've always liked the idea of planting a tree to commemorate a special event. It's very romantic. Nice to see it in Tamayura.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:31   Link #136
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that... Momoneko might be the reincarnation of her father...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 15:27   Link #137
Dr. Casey

July 28th 1995... hell yeah, Potte will be legal in just a couple of days.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 16:43   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Does anyone else ever get the feeling that... Momoneko might be the reincarnation of her father...
Nah, Momoneko is a deity.
Old 2013-07-26, 20:56   Link #139
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Potte and Kanae was just so cute but Dougou is just being more of an idiot then ever
Old 2013-07-27, 03:25   Link #140
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 4:

Yes, Potte's ringtone finally has a whole song!

I wonder if we're going to get specific character-centric episodes at all in this season (e.g. a Norie or Maon episode). I'd love to see how the other girls besides Potte are becoming more aggressive as well.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life