AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-27, 22:55   Link #141
gazawraith

Vegapunk was able to recreate Kizaru's logia power for his Pacifista so I wonder if CC did a similar thing and recreated someone's like... oh, I dont know, MEGELLAN
Old 2012-05-27, 23:02   Link #142
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Even though Enel lost, it was only because of seastone and rubber. If Enel were to build up his Haki, he would definitely be among the strongest characters in One Piece.

If he picks up armament Haki, he would be absolutely devastating and be near invincible.

He has one of the best abilities we've seen so far, extremely powerful and versatile, his lightning has great destructive potential and essentially allows him to teleport by travelling at the speed of lightning. Seeing that he can shock himself back to life and doesn't seem to need to breathe, allowing him to even survive in space, he is probably one of the toughest things to kill in One Piece.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-05-27, 23:05   Link #143
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Both Crocodile and Enel suffered from what I like to call "Kenpachi Syndrome" where an antagonist for the arc is introduced as this big scary monster but then his overall battle ability is toned down so the main character can beat him.

After his escape from ID Crocodile's true power was displayed and from the looks of it, Luffy shouldn't realistically have beaten him back in Alabasta. Crocodile might not have displayed any usage of Haki but he has perfect mastery over his logia powers and his dehydration ability is deadly.

Enel on the other hand has shown to have perfect mastery over mantra (Observation Haki) and can even augment it with his devil fruit powers. Not only that but he has one of the most deadly and versatile logia element and aside from rubber, there doesn't seem to be a hard counter for his DF. Plus, the WG wouldn't issue one of the highest known bounties to him (supposedly) if he weren't powerful.

I don't know about Crocodile, but I would not be surprised in the least if Enel was around Admiral level should he make a return.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:57   Link #144
yakumo-chan

in my opinion, Luffy didnt beat Crocodile, it was a draw.... RObin gave him the antidote, luffy is supposed to be dead right now, the final fight between crocodile and luffy was a draw.

so the matchup was this
2 wins for crocodile and 1 draw
Old 2012-05-28, 07:36   Link #145
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The yonkou is most definitely kaidou.
Old 2012-05-28, 11:49   Link #146
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
in my opinion, Luffy didnt beat Crocodile, it was a draw.... RObin gave him the antidote, luffy is supposed to be dead right now, the final fight between crocodile and luffy was a draw.

so the matchup was this
2 wins for crocodile and 1 draw
More like 3 wins.

Poisoned and would have died vs knocked unconscious. Seems like knocked unconscious should be considered the winner.
But still, Crocodile was toned down quite a bit to be able to be matched by Luffy at that stage.
Old 2012-05-28, 17:55   Link #147
Kona
Banned

Buggy had that treatment too.. If nami didnt have Buggys treasure I'm not sure luffy would of "pushed away" buggy to another island. Enel should of used his trident and luffy would of been defeated but noooo PIS. Croc got that treatment too.
Old 2012-05-28, 18:43   Link #148
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Good enough to fight an admiral. What I really want to see is Mihawk going to Wano island to see if he really is the strongest swordsman.
Not this again.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:23   Link #149
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Seeing Law's reaction i think he is in fact the swordsman's son.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:44   Link #150
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Enel should of used his trident and luffy would of been defeated but noooo PIS.
this is true, most of Luffy's battle was because of Luck
Old 2012-05-29, 10:19   Link #151
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
The yonkou is most definitely kaidou.
It's gotta be Shanks. Why else not tell us? Whoever it is, I think we'll all be surprised.

On the note of Law being Mihawks son... lol

Not plausible. He was seen living alone in the mansion, and the manga is much too straightforward to add in extra, unnecessary things like this. It's not naruto where as-a-matter-of-fact" things happen just to add useless depth to the manga.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:54   Link #152
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Seeing Law's reaction i think he is in fact the swordsman's son.

Are you talking about Kinemon? Maybe that would be true if Law's intro in the Sabaody arc hadn't already pointed out that he was a North Blue native, not a NW pirate.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
After his escape from ID Crocodile's true power was displayed and from the looks of it, Luffy shouldn't realistically have beaten him back in Alabasta. Crocodile might not have displayed any usage of Haki but he has perfect mastery over his logia powers and his dehydration ability is deadly.

lol, I remember all the past times I made this same argument about Crocodile and yet some people kept brushing it off. But yeah, the very fact that he was taking on all those world-class pirates and marines during the war very much shows that he's a powerful veteran, haki mastery or not (though I still question why he tried to snuff out Whitebeard out in the open instead of using the chaos from the war as his cover, which is more of his style).

I kept making a similar argument for Moria as well, though I do agree that his laziness was his greatest liability (though ironically, that laziness is one of the reasons I like the character!). Still, if you put that aside you can see that much like Crocodile he made very effective use of his power outside of his corpse reanimating skills (I particularly liked how he instantly switched places with his Doppelman when Robin tried to clutch him. Goes to show that his power has great defensive use despite not being a logia). Really, his only mistake was using Shadows Asgard against Luffy at TB. But I suppose after the events of the war he'll have made significant improvements to his fighting style (though I'll kinda miss his laziness if he really opted to get rid of it.....).

Ah yes, and a short reminder that there will indeed be a chapter this week....
Old 2012-05-29, 18:02   Link #153
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
^ moria was annoying. i hope hes dead :P
Old 2012-05-29, 21:13   Link #154
james0246

^He's alive...and he's going to join Luffy's crew .
Old 2012-05-30, 02:21   Link #155
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
^oh yes, i can picture him taking naps on deck next to zoro
Old 2012-05-30, 04:44   Link #156
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
^ moria was annoying. i hope hes dead :P
Boy, this sure takes me back to all those arguments about him getting killed off by Doflamingo..... not that it matters now, anyway.

Anyways, new thread is here.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-05-30 at 13:46.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:24   Link #157
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, new threat is here.
sorry but i just had to bring this up. i was confused for a moment when i saw your post. who or what is the new threat marvel?
Old 2012-05-30, 13:47   Link #158
marvelB

^lol, my bad. Though I must admit, a typo sure generates some interesting reactions.....
Old 2012-05-30, 22:06   Link #159
Kona
Banned

Moriah manage to get Ryuumas body. Hope it's explained when Wano comes around.
Closed Thread