AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-05-21, 11:00   Link #1041
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Kurono-Kishi Dan, Chaos?
Maybe that's the category where Yuuno belongs.

Perhaps... Perhaps... Perhaps...

The fact that they're keeping a tight lip over this is suspicious by itself... Now I REALLY want to know Yuuno's role in this season...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Maybe he is working under TSAB directly as the representative for the saint church.Plus it seems that he is doing special investigation of LL with Chrono in the manga , probably transferred to make things easier.
I've got the feeling that TSAB pays their personnels better

But Acous and Chrono doesn't seem to be working on the same thing this time...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 11:10   Link #1042
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[I]
I've got the feeling that TSAB pays their personnels better

But Acous and Chrono doesn't seem to be working on the same thing this time...
He is running away from Carim's watching eyes ...to have some fun.

If you actually look at Yuuno in episode 8.He seems to be sad when Fate mentioned jewel seeds in their conversation.I could see something big coming..he might be involved in this whole relic incident more that what we thought.

This season so far gave good surprises hopefully they will do something about yuuno too
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 11:19   Link #1043
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He is running away from Carim's watching eyes ...to have some fun.
I don't think it's just her's...

Actually, do we even have any reasons to believe that Carim would frown upon such acts?

Being in the same league as Hayate...

Quote:
If you actually look at Yuuno in episode 8.He seems to be sad when Fate mentioned jewel seeds in their conversation.I could see something big coming..he might be involved in this whole relic incident more that what we thought.

This season so far gave good surprises hopefully they will do something about yuuno too
Chinese Sub: 11.3%

There might be a simpler explaination to why he's sad about the Jewel Seed...

Being a Scrya mage, it was his biggest failure (That we know of)
Old 2007-05-21, 11:27   Link #1044
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think it's just her's...

Actually, do we even have any reasons to believe that Carim would frown upon such acts?

Being in the same league as Hayate...
That's why too , he probably heard about Chrono deadly experience with Lindy and knowing Carim's hobby .... he ran off 1st 'better safe than sorry'

Quote:
Chinese Sub: 11.3%

There might be a simpler explaination to why he's sad about the Jewel Seed...

Being a Scrya mage, it was his biggest failure (That we know of)
Don't "think simple" you are ruining my hope :3

Just kidding
Old 2007-05-21, 13:17   Link #1045
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
A question:

I know of two tactics used by the TSAB to overcome an Anti-Magic Field:

1) Physical attacks, with or without a magical outside source. (Punching it or tossing rocks at it.)

2) Overcoming the AMF via brute force. (Higher magical ranking than the AMF ranking.)

I'm wondering if there are any other ways that the team have come up with that doesn't require either overpowering physical or magical strength. Mainly because brute force attacks just seem so, well, unsubtle. (Not bad, just unsubtle.)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 13:18   Link #1046
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

IIRC (this is from the manga), elemental attacks are fine (so, Fate lightning attacks, Hayate Freezing spells).

Nanoha also used a "subtle" way : she blasted a cliff next to some drones, and they were crushed by the boulders and landslide
Old 2007-05-21, 16:56   Link #1047
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Might know of another way, putting a barrier around your shot from what teana did, if that wasn't mentioned
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 16:57   Link #1048
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Nanoha also used a "subtle" way : she blasted a cliff next to some drones, and they were crushed by the boulders and landslide
umm actually she was tossing the rock.If you look at it again those boulders that hit the drones were binded/circled (cant find better word, sorry) by magic circle.The way that you describe actually used by Erio in Ep3, destroying the bridge on top of em.

From Nanoha explanation in the manga, it seem that any elemental attack would work .As long it is done out of range,the AMF would only affect the spell during casting time if they are too close.Fried's fire blaze should be able to toast type 1 gadget drones easily.

@dkellis
By the way what would you consider Caro's binding the drones as? Not sure myself.It is not exactly option 2 since the binding was successful just because it was physical chain instead of magical one.
Old 2007-05-21, 17:05   Link #1049
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
umm actually she was tossing the rock.If you look at it again those boulders that hit the drones were binded/circled (cant find better word, sorry) by magic circle.The way that you describe actually used by Erio in Ep3, destroying the bridge on top of em.
my bad, i was writing according my fizzle memories, duh ~~

Quote:
From Nanoha explanation in the manga, it seem that any elemental attack would work .As long it is done out of range,the AMF would only affect the spell during casting time if they are too close.Fried's fire blaze should be able to toast type 1 gadget drones easily.
yes, it appears that when the spell is complete, the magic used for the spell is completely converted to the "matter" of the spell.
thus, with fate, magic was converted into electricity (well... electron and such...)
Quote:
@dkellis
By the way what would you consider Caro's binding the drones as? Not sure myself.It is not exactly option 2 since the binding was successful just because it was physical chain instead of magical one.
should we consider that the alchemic chain constitution is kinda like barrier jackets?
since they don't get dismantled when they catch the drones, we can assume their materialisation is pretty neat.
Old 2007-05-21, 17:13   Link #1050
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
should we consider that the alchemic chain constitution is kinda like barrier jackets?
since they don't get dismantled when they catch the drones, we can assume their materialisation is pretty neat.
Hmm maybe , i cant exactly remember what nanoha said (deleted the episode was gonna buy dvd) but she mentioned something about Caro's binding chain being organic in nature?
Old 2007-05-21, 17:27   Link #1051
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
@dkellis
I was hoping someone else would know the answer, to be honest. I'm not sure if the binding worked because the chains were physical (despite the fact that they were animated by magic), or because the AMF is ineffective against magic of that sort for some reason (whether because it's a completely different magic type, or because the AMF doesn't affect magic-in-items), or because the magic in the chains were more powerful than the AMF, or something.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:02   Link #1052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I was hoping someone else would know the answer, to be honest. I'm not sure if the binding worked because the chains were physical (despite the fact that they were animated by magic), or because the AMF is ineffective against magic of that sort for some reason (whether because it's a completely different magic type, or because the AMF doesn't affect magic-in-items), or because the magic in the chains were more powerful than the AMF, or something.
Actually, what I believe was that Caro summoned REAL chains, instead of ones created from magic.

(Note the lack of shiny colour )
Old 2007-05-22, 05:07   Link #1053
Thisguy
Negikamo

Yep, Caro summoned real, metal chain.
Shario's quite impressed that summoning magic can do such thing, while Nanoha gave her impression that she's quite dextrous for summoning metal chain and control it.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 08:27   Link #1054
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Well, yes, that's what I meant.

Caro summoned real chains. Now, real chains in the real world tend to follow the laws of gravity, unless acted upon by an outside force. In this case, the outside force was magic.

So. AMF vs chains moved by magic. Why did the magic not leave the chains and the chains just flop to the ground?

That is what I'm curious about.
Old 2007-05-22, 08:30   Link #1055
Ottocycle

Actually, isn't there an outside force? The drones, if you remember, are still trying to get out of the chains' grip.

The magic was probably only provided to move the chains and tie the drones up, and Caro can just let tension do the rest of the work.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 08:32   Link #1056
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
What force is animating them to fly up towards the drones in the first place, though?
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 08:38   Link #1057
Ottocycle

Quite possibly the same Magical Girl Telekinesis that allows them to throw boulders and stuff at the drones.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 08:43   Link #1058
raidou
Confused person

Got to remember though that those 2 drones seems to be semi broken from fried's fira blaze, chance that their AMF was weaken much therefore unable to nullify the magic moving the chain.

In the 1st place those are type 1 drones which had crap AMF not counting that they might be modified for the training.
Old 2007-05-22, 09:09   Link #1059
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
That is what I'm curious about.
Point.
Here're my wild guesses, rather vague and with many loopholes.

1) Metal Chain was a creature.
From somewhere of SF-verse, Caro summoned mineral-based creature that is similer in shape to chain, and controled them to bind Drones.
Quote:
NOT likely.
It appeared just like plain old chain, and bystanders made it clear that it's a chain.
2) Just like BJ or device, these are semi-materialized chain made of magic.
BJ are practically a combination of barrier and field yet it doesn't go off under AMF, and Devices shapeshifts itself even though it's obviously made of some kind of metal.
Quote:
This one sounds rather reasonable, to me at least.
If chain moves up and binds drones by itself, although not in "being a creature" sense, then it fits the description.
3) It's a simple chain, but controlled by magic from inside.
Quote:
Assuming that AMF can not affect inside one's body, then why inside chain?
(In Ep5, Erio was under AMF and he still had more-than-10yrs-old strength which allowed him to hold Type-3 for a while.)
One more addition is that Nanoha says it's "combination with Inorganic matter control magic" upon seeing that chain's behavior, which gives impression of "chain is being moved by something else" rather than "chain itself is moving".
All of em has some up and some down... anyone else?
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 21:24   Link #1060
mugener

just what took them so long

it's ep.8 already and we are still in ep.6

something's wrong
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote