Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 15:52   Link #1901
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
lenalee is the heroine of the series, right? I just wanna check one more time because it feels like she's being reduced into a secondary character, but that's just me. hopefully, we get to see more of her a lot more.
It's just that this series does focus on different characters during points in the series, and each of them get the spotlight each time (Allen just gets it most of the time). I mean look at how much Kanda we got before the Edo arc - not much.
Old 2010-06-02, 20:01   Link #1902
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Looks like they show Krory on page 24 of chapter 194 finally
Seems like crown clown is acting up due to 14th's presence in Allen .
Old 2010-06-03, 17:48   Link #1903
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
lenalee is the heroine of the series, right? I just wanna check one more time because it feels like she's being reduced into a secondary character, but that's just me. hopefully, we get to see more of her a lot more.
It's a shame. When it was weekly Hoshino was actually able to divide the focus between all of her characters without leaving any of them neglected and still producing great chapters. With the manga now being monthly, and with Hoshino engrossed in this arc to establish the setting and pace for the new D.Gray Man there doesn't seem to be much time for characters not relevant to Alma. I miss Lenalee, Miranda and Crory.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 21:05   Link #1904
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

I think y'all are being over dramatic. The manga isn't ending yet as far as I know so when this arc is over the other characters will get some attention but for the time being this is Kanda's time to shine.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 03:30   Link #1905
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
I think y'all are being over dramatic. The manga isn't ending yet as far as I know so when this arc is over the other characters will get some attention but for the time being this is Kanda's time to shine.
No has said it's ending yet. We're just saying how it's a shame that most of the main cast feels like they're being ignored. We're allowed to do that you know.

Casshern is pretty much spot on though that Hoshino is just setting the new pace now that the title is monthly.
Old 2010-06-18, 08:32   Link #1906
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, we do get to see Lenalee and Lavi in the chap. But, hey, I'm not complaining. Of this month's 3 JS series I read (R+V, Claymore and DGM), DGM's chapter beats the other two hands-down.

And my dear Earl, you always look sexy when you propose a deal...
Old 2010-06-18, 18:36   Link #1907
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chap 195

Seems like Allen will use 14th .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 10:04   Link #1908
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The art in chapter 196 was seriously weird (look at Allen's face on the last page for example), as if it had been drawn by another person (her assistant(s)?). Either way, I'm not liking that change, so I'm hoping it's just temporary. The art used to look a lot better than that...
Old 2010-07-03, 12:38   Link #1909
andrewsch5658
*Author

oh my, another awesome chapter.xD

Spoiler for :
Old 2010-07-03, 16:34   Link #1910
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The art in chapter 196 was seriously weird (look at Allen's face on the last page for example), as if it had been drawn by another person (her assistant(s)?). Either way, I'm not liking that change, so I'm hoping it's just temporary. The art used to look a lot better than that...
I'll agree that some of the faces looked off, though the rest of the art for this chapter was spectacular in my opinion. Especially the backgrounds and body models.
Old 2010-07-03, 19:49   Link #1911
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Maybe I'm behind but I just found chapter 195 and I'm still really confused. Aside from the fact that almost all the new characters are exploding and exploding bodies are harder to tell apart anyway, the artwork overall looked wonky to me and I'm having a hard time making almost all of the characters out. And I have no idea where the plot is going, um, there's someone, he's unhappy, and since he's unhappy at Kanda he wants to kill everyone else and, uh, there may have been logic but it was hiding behind all the nightmare fuel bodies for me to find it. Think I'll have to start reading the manga in multiple chapter chunks, might help out a bit.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 03:38   Link #1912
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Maybe I'm behind but I just found chapter 195 and I'm still really confused. Aside from the fact that almost all the new characters are exploding and exploding bodies are harder to tell apart anyway, the artwork overall looked wonky to me and I'm having a hard time making almost all of the characters out. And I have no idea where the plot is going, um, there's someone, he's unhappy, and since he's unhappy at Kanda he wants to kill everyone else and, uh, there may have been logic but it was hiding behind all the nightmare fuel bodies for me to find it. Think I'll have to start reading the manga in multiple chapter chunks, might help out a bit.
Really sounds like you need to read the last 10 chapters or so again.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:34   Link #1913
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Chap 195

Seems like Allen will use 14th .
looks like it. The millenium earl seems to be trying to make allen join their ranks, but, because he wants to be with the 14th's side? (hmm... suspicious... maybe most likely he wants keep a close eye on the 14th... or otherwise) However, seeing him along with the earl and earning the villain title might not be so bad after all, at the very least he'll have road with him and then maybe sooner or later someone (most likely lenalee or cross) will smack some sense into him.

if allen does join their rank, permanently, well i just wanted say that this will reminds me of desert punk where the main character goes from main protagonist in the beginning to main antagonist at the end which is pretty much a big WTF?!! to me when I found that out.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 18:21   Link #1914
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Chapter 196 out.

Spoiler for :

Last edited by Kaze; 2010-07-06 at 18:31.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:20   Link #1915
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Chapter 196 out.

Spoiler for :
He's trying an old cliche. "Stop trying to kill each other, or I'll beat the hell out of both of you!"
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:05   Link #1916
Atsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's trying an old cliche. "Stop trying to kill each other, or I'll beat the hell out of both of you!"
Yeah, that's what I thought. I like Alma as a villain though. I hope he remains that way until he's offed.

Surprisingly for someone who skipped most of the Kanda flashback I understand what's going on. I have no idea how this arc is going to end, which I like tbh. The unpredictability is what makes it fun.
Atsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:48   Link #1917
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Spoiler for :
With the amount of none focus side characters have had for a while, i was quite surprised the amount of panels she had.
Old 2010-07-11, 04:36   Link #1918
AmrodAegnor

heya, just finished reading dgm from chap1 up to now and i gotta say i love it! ^^

Spoiler for about 196:

Spoiler for about the rest of the manga::

ok, i wanted to write more, but i'm getting a little tired of writing about everyone. and i already listed my favourites anyway. well, most of them at least. so yeah, from now on i'm going to post here too. ^.^
AmrodAegnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 22:00   Link #1919
andrewsch5658
*Author

chp 197
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-08-08, 08:07   Link #1920
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

I seriously don't know what's going on anymore.

Dropped this series until further notice.

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural