AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 13:35   Link #161
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
[If you pride yourself so highly above those you've listed who by the way, I agree, have momentary lapses of very poor arguments
List them, or kindly donīt do accusations in ours and my general direction.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:38   Link #162
Elandyll

Sheryl suprising and probably misunderstanding a conversation about Ranka smells -Hugely- of a typical Macross red herring, specially with Alto not saying anything to confirm/deny, and Klan possibly talking about a Brotherly love toward Ranka.

We shall see

Can't wait for the Luna translation, I'll probably won't be able to wait and will watch the crappy gg work though.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:38   Link #163
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I have a feeling not many will care about this, but Grace's motives were half explained in this episode.

First of all the Vajra are hiveminded like bees. They have no singular "brain" to speak off. Futhermore this hivemind is a boundless network unhampered by fold dams. This hivemind is the Vajra Quartz Network.

Grace's initial research was to combine her network in conjunction with the vajra fold quartz network to accomplish... something awesome, I guess.

To do this, apparently she wants to engineer someone who can meld with the vajra network. Ranka was a product of this.

Presently, Ranka has melded into the Vajra hivemind, and that has made Grace very very happy. It's possible she has nanomachines in Ranka and by hijacking Ranka she can hijack the Vajra.

It's possible that Ransha Mei is also melded into the network, which would explain why Ranka was able to see her in one episode
As some of the fans already mentioned in various threads, Kawamori was indeed inspired by the book Ender's Game and the sequels that followed. Dling the episode as I write.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:38   Link #164
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Are u sure it's a) Alto's going to kill his love Ranka, or b) Alto's going to kill Ranka in order to protect his love (Frontier, people, sky, etc...) ?
Old 2008-09-11, 13:39   Link #165
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

do i remember correctly that, from the preview, seems like Sheryl is going to sing? any idea what she will be singing this time?

guess that both paper planes and the songs should have some kind of symbolic significance to it...

after this episode, somehow, i like Northern Cross even more.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:41   Link #166
Key Board
Carbon

I can think of only one song that describes her mentality right now... Lion

but they might reveal yet another new song

"Last Frontier" could very well be a song title

or maybe it's Admiral Anokee's "It's a good day to die" XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGEz31RA4es
Old 2008-09-11, 13:42   Link #167
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
EDIT : Maihikari, and magnuskun you can keep insulting me all you want but looks like I was right.
Yes, because saying that you might want to take in consideration the things that were actually *said* in the episode is a deadly insult now.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:42   Link #168
Sinta

Your assumption is wrong Seifall. Silence is not an admission unless careful circumstances are obtained.To assume that he is love with Ranka when those circumstances aren't meant is a very poor way to form an argument and is the worst kind of evidence. You are saying that Alto loves Ranka. You are jumping the gun just like people were jumping the gun last week with Sheryl. . The scene wasn't meant to be conclusive in nature. It was supposed to set up the final. Ranka told Alto she loves him. He didn't answer. Sheryl basically told him she loves him. The ball is in his court. The second fallacie of logic comes from making specific conclusions based on generalized information. "His Love" is very ambigious in way of statement. I don't think you can make the conclusion that Alto loved Ranka all the time.

There are also a couple of misdirections in that conversation that should be a red light. Is alto the type of person to say that something like "all be by your side" and not mean it? Is alto the type of person to be with Sherly just because she is sick? All important questions that matter to the conclusion of this certain element. This isn't over not by a long shot.

Last edited by Sinta; 2008-09-11 at 14:00.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:49   Link #169
MFSxA

It ain't over until its over: SDFM, M7, Plus, Zero.

Keeping the faith: MFSxA.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:50   Link #170
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
It was supposed to set up the final.
And with this I join the discussion (or rather write my statement here). After watching the raw I wonder (or not) why so many people are upset.

As Sinta says, this is an set up episode for the final. Macross is a drama series, so what did you expect? Some lovey dovey stuff between Alto and Sheryl?
Alto said nothing about loving Ranka (whoever said that didn't understand the line correctly).
The director just wanted to dramatise everything - I don't see any reason to panic here..
Which btw reminds me of the Rosario Vampire thread, where people discussed about being affected by too emotional stuff :P

Relax and wait for the final - as it went till now we'll definitly don't know who Alto will choose before the series is over.
Besides - making Alto only care for Sheryl cause of pity would make him a total asshole (sorry for the bad mouthing)..
Old 2008-09-11, 13:50   Link #171
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Oh boy Ranka shippers are going to have a field day with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Are u sure it's a) Alto's going to kill his love Ranka, or b) Alto's going to kill Ranka in order to protect his love (Frontier, people, sky, etc...) ?
I believe in context, its B.

Honestly, I'll sit this one out and let the real translators do their thing.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-11, 13:51   Link #172
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
There are also a couple of misdirections in that conversation that should be a red light. Is alto the type of person to say that something like "all be by your side" and not mean it? Is alto the type of person to be with Sherly just because she is sick? All important questions that matter to the conclusion of this certain element. This isn't over not by a long shot.
In the episode the presense of the Alto's father and brother is important. Alto is not someone to make promises only for a dying's sake. Alto don't promise to get back to Kabuki for his father.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:52   Link #173
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Watched it.

It's annoying, but this isn't over just yet.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:53   Link #174
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

curious about the Jap fandom over this episode - anyone with any idea?
Old 2008-09-11, 13:54   Link #175
Haninozuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Oh boy Ranka shippers are going to have a field day with this one.
Very true. RC would be quite unbearable with the rabid foaming of "dokun dokun" for the whole week. Best to avoid going there to retain your sanity.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:54   Link #176
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I can think of only one song that describes her mentality right now... Lion

but they might reveal yet another new song

"Last Frontier" could very well be a song title

or maybe it's Admiral Anokee's "It's a good day to die" XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGEz31RA4es
Last Frontier

Basara sings New Frontier to Space Whales.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:56   Link #177
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Um, Alto didn't said anything about her love for _Ranka_. Klan spoke about "his love", in an ambigious way which could refer to his love for his sky, his love for Frontier, or his love for Sheryl, which is strong enough that he would consider killing Ranka in order to protect.

"I love Ranka so much I would like to kill her" makes absolutely no sense in that context.

And that he joined SMS for the power to protect others inspired by Ranka's helplessness is something we already know and directly saw, which has no bearing on the romance.

Sheryl overheard part of their conversation and automatically assumed "his love" referred to Ranka. Sheryl's a ditz by nature and emotionally fragile at the moment. What's your excuse?
Spoiler for Alto:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
@Seifall: yes and therefore since other people are being massive asses anyway, HEY WHY DON'T I BE RIDICULOUSLY SERIOUS OVER A CARTOON AND BE A BIG ASS AS WELL?

If you pride yourself so highly above those you've listed who by the way, I agree, have momentary lapses of very poor arguments, as does many people due to a simple thing called PERCEPTION, you'd place more reasonable evidence that isn't "HOMG HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING SO CLEARLY NOTHING HAPPENED THAT NIGHT!!!!!!! TAKE THAT SHERYL SCUMS!"

At least have SOME pride in your intelligence for chrissakes.
I think we can agree here. I do not wanted to offend Sheryl's fan, just speak my mind about those who accused me of giving irrational prooves and really insulted me back then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Did you even understand the episode at all Seifall? Talk about a giant leap. You have no proof nothing happened. Did you watch the first half, or could you not see it through your Ranka gogles?

And you are trying to pick a fight with people from last week, so yes you are attempting to troll.
OK, always the same same chorus....
I didn't understand anything if that's you want
Nothing happenned ? what are you talking about ? The kiss or Alto's revelation ?
I think you're talking about the kiss scene.
If they clearly showed Alto 's true feelings about Ranka, I don't know for you, but the kiss, logically didn't happen.
I told people " true beginning " ... they said I'm talking nonsense...
Old 2008-09-11, 13:57   Link #178
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
Very true. RC would be quite unbearable with the rabid foaming of "dokun dokun" for the whole week. Best to avoid going there to retain your sanity.
Ex-cuse me? We had far more ammunition this week. The last thing is a not-very-unobvious red herring to stretch the du-angle, sorry, triangle out two more weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Sheryl didn't misinterpret anything since they showed the paperplane she throw at the sky falling.
Dramatic tension... she feels she has failed, we are also to assume that sheīll die soon. Itīs symbology to show her despair.

I feel sorry that you cannot see how the storyline is being woven, but what is, is.
Old 2008-09-11, 14:00   Link #179
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
Funny thing is, the only time love is mentioned is when Klan asks him... and in my belief when she said it she wasn't referring to as Ranka is the one Alto loves.

Honestly that's a red herring if I've ever seen one.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-11 at 14:13.
Old 2008-09-11, 14:07   Link #180
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Funny thing is, the only time love is mentioned is when Klan asks him... and in my belief when she said it she wasn't referring to as Ranka is the one Alto loves.
Isn't it obvious? If that was what Klan thought he meant, she would have flying kicked him off that ledge for Ranka AND Sheryl's sake to rid the world of an inhuman wretch.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-11 at 14:24.
Closed Thread