AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 32.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-21, 12:13   Link #41
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ah no, I was more reffering to the part where they got lost in preview. If my memory doesn't deceive, it wasn't in manga. So I'm really curiouse
nope, they weren't lost in the manga

watched the subs already... ~speechless~

~giggles~

~poor Sawa-chan~
Old 2010-04-21, 12:54   Link #42
Kak Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Spoiler for size:
I am pretty surprised by the inconsistencies in their uniforms. I thought Japanese schools were pretty strict on that, although you could pretty much do anything to your hair.
Old 2010-04-21, 13:54   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It varies..... many schools allow light/dark stockings of various heights and loose/tight fit. Ritsu, of course, is flouting rules with her shirt untucked (energetic maxxed).

This school appears to have an official blazer and a required color for the skirt. There's probably a length rule poorly enforced. The only one that throws me off is "white sweater girl" no idea what is up there.

I like how each of the girls has some character to her as if they each have their own pack of stories.

So far my ratings have climbed ep1:7, ep2:8, ep3:9, the only weak part of this episode was Sawako's escapade with cosmetics subplot. Yeah, the plot was predictable but I thoroughly enjoyed the execution. The girls are coming off with more realistic/complex personalities with each episode (aka not the usual path every single time). Some time this season would like to see them give Azusa a free style solo and animate it.

This is getting bad... I can't even listen to the radio without visualizing HTT covering the piece. A few ZZTop tunes and a couple of Black Crowe pieces seemed interesting fits with a word tweak or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d-xq...eature=related (Black Crowes, Thorn in my Pride)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qD72NCJSkk (Black Crowes, Remedy)
Yeah, I think they could cover those, it'd be fun

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-04-21 at 14:32.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:18   Link #44
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Is it me or do i find most of the band's classmates more attractive than the main casts themselves?

Spoiler for Class Pic:

I see Rukia in there...:O

As for the episode, I liked it. I just don't get why Ritsu wanted to shine and then dismiss it later saying she's fine...>_>
Old 2010-04-21, 14:34   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its the understanding of being in a team... and what happens when you put your own needs ahead of the team. The nice part is even though she was wiggling in her slot the rest of team supported her rather than shutting her down.

The silly part is that better lighting and an elevated platform for the drums would have solved the problem

Here's a random Jeff Beck moment (in Tokyo 1999 with some amazing band mates like Jennifer Batten and Tony Mymas).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHaRAfxLd7g
Another moment of Beck with Stevie Ray Vaughn (2007) ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIpt...eature=related

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-04-21 at 14:51.
Old 2010-04-21, 15:07   Link #46
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Sawa-chan may be acting more mature, inside she's still the attention-craving Sawako we saw in the first season. Evidenced by Yui and Ritsu both telling her she once again overdid it. Hilarious scene.

Between the last two episodes of the first season and the first 3 episodes of this season, Ritsu has all but displaced Yui as my favorite in the group. They really gave her a lot more depth and personality. I loved seeing her with the side ponytail too, it's an interesting look for her.

Three episodes in and this season is already far and away better than almost the entire first season of the show. 9/10 episode for me, and I look forward to Mugi's new song.

Edit: I could totally see HTT covering Remedy. I could also see this, even though there's no keyboard involved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8zcbC_Dcw (Story of My Life by Social Distortion)
It'd fit with one of the underlying themes for this season too, I think. Maybe Mugi could do backup vocals for it instead?
Old 2010-04-21, 15:16   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm also surprised we haven't seen Mio mention Tal Wilkenfield as an inspiration.... she's "big in Japan" as well as the rest of the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgkb...eature=related (her and Jeff Beck hamming it up in a "bass duet")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7OAWs2Q30 (Beck and Tal at Big Block 2007)

edit: What a strange but appealing group Social Distortion is ... that video brought back some 8mm footage memories o.O

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-04-21 at 15:31.
Old 2010-04-21, 16:04   Link #48
Little Buster
Punkish...Regulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I felt like shouting "YYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" After Mio asked Ritsu "Who?".
Yeah, that was awesome! My dad used to do that to me when I was like 10 years old and it baffled me ever time. But now I love The Who. "Whoooooooooooooo are you? Who who, who who?"
Old 2010-04-21, 16:17   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I half expected them to go into the homage classic routine (Abbott&Costello) that Slappy Squirrel and Skippy did when they went to Woodstock in an Animaniacs episode. To quote:

Spoiler for Animaniac homage to Abbott&Costello during a visit to Woodstock:

Classic Western "manzai" looped back to the Ritsu&Mio comedy act.
Old 2010-04-21, 16:22   Link #50
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Here's the original video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M
Old 2010-04-21, 16:55   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

When Ritsu annoyed Mio (instead of doing her homework)... I was positive we'd see little demonic figures in the text (ref Ichigo M.).

edit (who's on first): never gets old... though I've seen them do it with more energy in other instances.

Also... I was unaware Ritsu had a little sister.... and Ritsu reminds me a bit of a girl in my son's high school who just seemed to live for drumming.

Interesting tshirt Mio has on during the flashback (a skull?? Mio?? )
Old 2010-04-21, 17:11   Link #52
Ezilled

Expected in the preview: Maid Cafe
Got: Kyoto Field Trip

It's too early for this, but everything went better than I've expected. My personal favorite chapter will be animated at long last. In before they will visit KyoAni studio as a self-endorsement strategy.

As for the filler episode focusing on Ritsu, it's not bad but nowhere as enjoyable as episode 2. I really liked how Yui tried to motivate and filled her with love through 'communication', assisting the fact that she will set her heart out to the max whenever she has a certain task to achieve in her mind. Ritsu, on the other hand, learned a valuable lesson in respect for her passion in drums. Mugi had a moment on a latter which was quite nice, while Mio had time to compose a new song. Sweet.

It's quite sad that Azusa didn't stand out here, and she will be out of the group temporarily in the next episode.
Old 2010-04-21, 17:40   Link #53
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
It's quite sad that Azusa didn't stand out here, and she will be out of the group temporarily in the next episode.
that is why sometimes I feel like that the original four is much better than the new five..... but I still love my azusa chan and all, but I think that Four girls are better than five girls..... and the sad part of it was that Azusa will be left alone because the original four will be graduating.....
Old 2010-04-21, 19:48   Link #54
netvope
SOS-Dan

I love the character development KyoAni is doing in season 2

I'm really looking forward to the live version of their new song!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
that is why sometimes I feel like that the original four is much better than the new five..... but I still love my azusa chan and all, but I think that Four girls are better than five girls..... and the sad part of it was that Azusa will be left alone because the original four will be graduating.....
I didn't like Azusa when she first joined them... I felt like she was an unnecessary addition... but now I like her as much as the other members, especially after ep1-2 of season 2
Old 2010-04-21, 19:57   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You notice the slow and steady corruption of Azunyan ... she was obviously napping when she popped her head up from behind that double couch thing near the turtle tank at the start of the Ritsu-keyboards segment (9:00+).
Old 2010-04-21, 20:00   Link #56
Kak Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The only one that throws me off is "white sweater girl" no idea what is up there.
Could it be an animation error where the they forgot to colour her blazer?
Old 2010-04-21, 20:30   Link #57
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could be an exchange student and doesn't have the full uniform yet. She's got a different skirt too. Only the ribbon matches (ribbons are cheap).
Old 2010-04-21, 21:28   Link #58
Friday
Im shy too...

all Im looking forward to seeing is Mugi singing a new song

as for Sawa......ha! ha!
Old 2010-04-21, 22:53   Link #59
NinjaYali
Banned

Not my favourite episode. And I don't really like the filler.

Since when did Ritsu give a crap about Sawako's looks? And what's with the sudden need to be in the spotlight. Odd development since she decided to be a drummer at the end anyway as expected. So another Ritsu dorama episode?

Anyway...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
http://randomc.net/image/K-ON/K-ON!!...Large%2017.jpg

Last edited by xris; 2010-04-22 at 14:09.
Old 2010-04-21, 23:08   Link #60
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I think it's just sad that this show needs to use filler to as an opportunity to actual give a character depth or even a backstory.

Which is why I don't understand how this episode is really bad to begin with, it makes me wish the entire damn season was filler.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Closed Thread