AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 15
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 24.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 46 25.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 49 27.07%
7 out of 10 : Good... 24 13.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.10%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-14, 07:09   Link #241
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Besides, was mobile communication that big a thing at the time of writing?
Back then in Japan it already was. Late 90's and early 2000's Japan was way ahead of other countries in mobile communication and almost everybody on the street had a mobile phone back then.

On the other hand it could be hard to get rid of a line when it comes to reliable internet service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's rather obvious that Sugou is your run of the mill sociopath. What is actually believable is that such people can rise to a certain position of power. It's not unheard of, though certainly, Asuna's father seems to be a poorer judge of man.
But also another characteristic of Sociopaths and psychopaths is that they have a good understanding of social norm and can behave in a manner that doesn't bring attention towards them in a day to day basis or are adept at manipulating other individuals. So it isn't far-fetched that Asuna's family haven't noticed the other side of his personality.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-10-14 at 07:19.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:26   Link #242
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
And yet this episode is voted lower? This leads me to believe that quite a few people have either short attention spans, or a poor taste.
Hey now, there's no need to say people have poor taste and/or short attention spans just because they enjoyed something you didn't. And just because you thought episodes 13 and 14 are poorly paced, that doesn't mean that actually are. Unless you mean to say that if people disagree with you, then they have poor tast--

Oooh, a chart! Neat!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:29   Link #243
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I think a better question to ask is whether to watch SAO and be critical about it or watch it as pure entertainment and try not think too much into it. And as you say, there are "middle grounds", but I don't think you should watch SAO in the mood as if you're watching/reading something like Kino's Journey or Noein or even Death Note. Personally, I'm now enjoying this show as shounen action shows and try not to think too much into it and be pleasantly surprised when there are some depth to the show, instead of expecting depth all the way and coming out feeling shallow.
The question to me is why would you watch any shows critically instead of as pure entertainment? Spending time looking for flaws is likely to make you miss out on the having fun part. Even more so as the only flaws that are actual flaws are the ones you notice even while trying to enjoy the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
But also another characteristic of Sociopaths and psychopaths is that they have a good understanding of social norm and can behave in a manner that doesn't bring attention towards them in a day to day basis or are adept at manipulating other individuals. So it isn't far-fetched that Asuna's family haven't noticed the other side of his personality.
It's also a lot less stupid then people may think. If he had tried to convince Kirito that this marriage is what Asuna really wants, then it's quite possible that Kirito would have argued against that and even done so with her parents well enough to make them hesitate. Now he derailed that and tricked Kirito into making the chooise if he should try and convince Asuna's parents that their future son is a criminal creep or not.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:52   Link #244
Raxex

Hello, the new episoda was amazing O.o but i have questions... New opening is good, but what is that part with "elves" etc... where is "old" sao? =( and where is Asuna?? Kazuna wont be with her or WHAT?! And Suguha love Kazuna?... And that picture in email by Egire it was Asuna near by Kirito's grave?? I am super excited and confused as well =/ But i cant wait next EPISODE!!!
Raxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:52   Link #245
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Hey now, there's no need to say people have poor taste and/or short attention spans just because they enjoyed something you didn't. And just because you thought episodes 13 and 14 are poorly paced, that doesn't mean that actually are. Unless you mean to say that if people disagree with you, then they have poor tast--

Oooh, a chart! Neat!
Personal opinion.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:15   Link #246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kirito's got a ridiculously nice little sister, that bastard.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:39   Link #247
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And that sister has a ridiculously hot mother! But never mind that...apparently Asuna's life is at the hands of a guy she hates, so she's practically hostage =/ Kirito's recovery seems to be gong well, but based on the OP and next episode's title, he'll be back in VR (or maybe just an MMO?) soon enough.

Suguha's awesome, she beat a LV9X dual wielder in one round!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:44   Link #248
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, she was surprised at how close he was. She's was in the quarter finals of a national kendo tournament, while he hasn't touched a shinai in years and is barely out of the hospital. (Also, he wasn't dual wielding.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:51   Link #249
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I know, after all, he's used to having the system aid him via pre-written skills, but his aptitude has certainly increased anyway. It's amazing what you can pick up while trapped in a fighting game for two years :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:53   Link #250
Aqua Knight

That's an awesome opening.
Kirito in casual normal clothes also looks good.
Old 2012-10-14, 09:13   Link #251
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, she was surprised at how close he was. She's was in the quarter finals of a national kendo tournament, while he hasn't touched a shinai in years and is barely out of the hospital. (Also, he wasn't dual wielding.)
Well like in any kind of physical activity you have two aspects of it. The body physical one as in strength, stamina, dexterity, elasticity, et al. And the muscle memory or motor learning which although the nervous system has a part in it, it's mostly the brain. So Kirito fighting for two years continuously has rewired his brain and pretty much can do it second nature.

Same can be said about other activities like bike riding, typewritting or knitting for example. Where during the learning process you needed to pay attention to it. Once you learned it it's second nature. And even after years of not doing it, you can easily pick up again.

For me, I took a decade of Karate and Tae-kwon-do training. Stopped with college and other life stuff. But even a decade later and even if my body isn't as fit, whenever my brother tries to slap me, kick me or try to start a mock combat, my body reacts, avoids and defend without a second thought.

On anothe blog, people argued that playing a fighting videogame won't make you an MMA champ. But the difference is that a videogame you're just pushing buttons. In SAO's setting, inside the VR game the brain was receiving input from the senses and body movement as if you were doing it with your real body. So it would be the same as real life training, although lacking in the physical body department. If you were put in a VR fighting game like SAO and experience combat 16 hours a day for two years, you'd rack up the experience, reflexes and reaction to match each situation without the physical exhaustion. But yes, Kirito going toe-to-toe with his sister might be pushing it, but the brain reacting to a combat and able to keep up isn't so strange more so when he was still using those skills until two months ago. But yes in the end you'll end up with the dissonance of the speed in your brain vs your body not keeping up.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-10-14 at 09:27.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 09:32   Link #252
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

WOW Suguha is so cute and adorable . As an anime viewer i am sold . I might be rooting for her instead of Asuna.

But priorities first. Gotta save Asuna . Asuna's sleeping face in OP was so cute too . I hope nothing bad happens to her . and OMG YUI . I think i am going to like the second half more than first lol.
Old 2012-10-14, 10:03   Link #253
Raxex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I might be rooting for her instead of Asuna.
I DISAGREE WITH YOU! ASUNA IS BEST and i hope that he will save her and stay with her ^^ but finnaly! WHO WAS THAT fairy GIRL in opening with kirito?? I hope he will stay with asuna OMG! Or ill die xDDDD
Old 2012-10-14, 10:07   Link #254
Marina2

I.........I finally understand!!!

He helped Silica because her childish reminded him of Suguha!
He supported Sachi because her face reminded him of Suguha!
He party-ed with Lisbeth because her cheerfulness reminded him of Suguha!

Suguha is the best. Go Kirito!, forget Asuna and worship your sister!!
Old 2012-10-14, 10:08   Link #255
Bombo
TSF Fans

YES THE PART 2 IS STARTED NOW /.!!!!!!
OP is Ok buT ED epic.!!!!! I love it <3
Suguha so cute well done staff and Nomi's Father " Not officially But I like to call him that since AW related to SAO and similar rage " pissed me off .

But seriously i fall in love with ED song <3 .

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:11   Link #256
YouNeedSleep

I love reading these forums, can't wait for the next ep!!! This one inspired a new avatar

Would've been fun to see Kirito use two shinai instead of one in the duel.

Last edited by YouNeedSleep; 2012-10-14 at 10:16. Reason: *shinai
YouNeedSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:31   Link #257
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxex View Post
WHO WAS THAT fairy GIRL in opening with kirito??
Fairy? Are you talking about the small adorable cute girl that was in Kirito's pocket? I believe it's Yui .
Old 2012-10-14, 10:40   Link #258
arkxkra
全力全開

very nice episode, and Sugu is so kawaii

and hate that guy!

do hope later got chance to see all other SAO friend to gather offline.

love the new ED song.
Old 2012-10-14, 10:44   Link #259
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmm... Sugu having a major brocon thing going on even though they are cousins.. The elf girl in the opening.. Its gotta be Sugu that helps Kirito this time! As they save Asuna! *Even though it couldn't be. I'm putting my melon bread on the line*
Old 2012-10-14, 10:46   Link #260
Raxex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm... Sugu having a major brocon thing going on even though they are cousins.. The elf girl in the opening.. Its gotta be Sugu that helps Kirito this time! As they save Asuna! *Even though it couldn't be. I'm putting my melon bread on the line*

I think so!!!! THen he will engage with Asuna and kick superman's ass HAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Fairy? Are you talking about the small adorable cute girl that was in Kirito's pocket? I believe it's Yui .
No no I was talking about that girl with blonde hair and green/whit clothes ^^. I hope its his sister