AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 32.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 13:08   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:00   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for BokuTomo 05 - An Adventurer is We/Are VR:
Old 2011-11-03, 15:50   Link #3
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2011-11-03, 16:04   Link #4
potchip

It is pulling all stops to appeal to people not familiar with the source, via references/service whenever possible. A very commercial product.
Old 2011-11-03, 16:11   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Now there won't be endless questions about Kobato's heterochromia.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:01   Link #6
Miraluka
Banned

It could have been better. At least the next episode will have Rika's antics.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:17   Link #7
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Hmm... probably the weakest ep so far, mainly because I found Index... I mean Maria and Kobato annoying. Then again I never liked loli characters that much... and the whole brocon thing is so overused. They even referenced Oreimo in one of the lines - "Your little sister can't be this cute!"

Yozora and Sena were funny per usual and I was neutral to sci-fi geek girl (I forgot her name...). Trap (Forgot -his- name) I don't really care. Needs more hater (Yozora) and meat (Sena) and less loli nuns and brocons.

Still, was a decent ep, and had moments where I was laughing so I'll give it 7/10.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-11-03 at 23:37.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:24   Link #8
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Poor Kobato just wants to spend time with her brother again. Like how she ended up fighting Maria. Oh man there trying games again. Lol at their costumes. Yozara being cruel as ever to Sena is getting old for me.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:55   Link #9
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Well, that was...weird. Kind of cute, but weird all the same. Didn't laugh too much with this one. Hopefully, the karaoke thing next week is better.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-03, 22:00   Link #10
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

GOD MY OH....

not one little imouto, but TWO imoutos?!

JESUS CHRIST I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!!!

MOE OVERLOAD!!!!!! UNIVERSE!!!!

*explodes*
Old 2011-11-03, 22:43   Link #11
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yeah, weakest episode so far. I was worried with the addition of the new cast members things would start to degrade and it pretty much did here. Nothing remotely funny in this episode to me, but there were quite a number of references which didn't go over my head so I suppose that's nice.

I guess this episode confirms Kobato's heterochromia isn't natural, I figured it wasn't but ya never know. Guess she's a brocon too, but hey, in a harem series that's somewhat to be expected.

At least Yukimura looked more manly with that full-body samurai armor on in this episode.~

And Yozora finally shows a bit of her cute side, maybe that'll help her reputation a bit.

But all in all, just a very "meh" episode. More of a time-waster than anything, but that's fine cause I have plenty of time to waste.
Old 2011-11-03, 22:49   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Glad for once that the imouto is actually jealous of her brother's friends because she wants a brother. Not the stupid "little sister love interest" that so many shows seem to have.

Shown by how her fiercest reaction is not to the older girls, but rather to the "rival" little sister type character calling her brother "Oni-chan".

Even going in to snuggle with him at night is still the sort of thing a little sister might do if she felt her big brother might be taken from her. She's a little old for it, but she's been shown to be pretty immature already so I didn't find it too hard to believe.

I wasn't getting any "brocon" vibes at all. Just a "daddy's girl" who's focused that kind of thing on her big brother rather then her father.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-11-03, 23:02   Link #13
AzureWrath

Probably the weakest episode for me too. It just didn't flow as well and they left the best part for the preview. I have to say that the manga had it much better.
Old 2011-11-03, 23:31   Link #14
king12354

Wasn't that great of an episode but I found it amusing that the company was called LargeHard.
Old 2011-11-03, 23:45   Link #15
Velsy

The Maria and Kobato fighting was the highlight of this episode (thought the did this part really well)... everything else was done better in the manga (from what I've read).

Also for a short period, I was like "omg they screwed up and gave Kobato 2 blue eyes". Some reason ima attatched to charaters with the different colour eyes fault, (call it eye complex as you will <.<) But I just had a friend tell me, it can be done by contacts... Which leaves me dissappointed in Kobatos eye colours being fake :'(

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-11-03 at 23:56.
Old 2011-11-04, 00:00   Link #16
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Nice to see a PC Engine (excuse me, "LargeHard") make an appearance. Haven't seen an NEC system in an anime since the SuperGrafx in Shiki.
Old 2011-11-04, 00:21   Link #17
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Also for a short period, I was like "omg they screwed up and gave Kobato 2 blue eyes". Some reason ima attatched to charaters with the different colour eyes fault, (call it eye complex as you will <.<) But I just had a friend tell me, it can be done by contacts... Which leaves me dissappointed in Kobatos eye colours being fake :'(
I like it, because it shows there is a reason for her heterochromia instead of "I throw it there because the read love it".

Didn't expect the anime goes too fast like this, though. They skipped a lot.
Old 2011-11-04, 00:34   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Glad for once that the imouto is actually jealous of her brother's friends because she wants a brother. Not the stupid "little sister love interest" that so many shows seem to have.

Shown by how her fiercest reaction is not to the older girls, but rather to the "rival" little sister type character calling her brother "Oni-chan".
Thats the picture it paints but the manga had it just a little different, while Maria was still the focus of Kobato's jealously, she also seems to know that Sena is a potential threat as well

Wasn't as good as previous episodes but the Kobato moe overlaod did well to boost it's rating.
Isn't it criminal for such a young lass to be wearing a frilly thigh strap like that?!

Never realized this before but the wizard role is the same thing that happened in To-Love-Ru with Rito being a gardener
Old 2011-11-04, 00:51   Link #19
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ahhhh, all that screaming was hella annoying. It was not Kana Hanazawa's best moment, but at least Kobato turned into roleplay mode which was sudden and funny.

However loli nun is just doing nothing for me and that voice, oh god, burn in hell!

The virtual reality game was kinda fun, but I kinda felt we did this rpg thing already. The best part was Sena's outfit; I was very disappointed in Yozara's

Rika seemed to be the star of the show today. She didn't do too much, but she seems to be the least mean of them and might be the first to get closer to Kodaka.

Also, lol@ the Oreimo line. I'm not really sure what to think of Kobato atm, but she could get funnier depending on how they play her. She looks much better without contacts, that's for sure.

6/10. Weakest episode of the series so far, but fanservice and silly antics, plus the infamous line "this game is imbalanced" make it a fine watch.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-04, 00:58   Link #20
Forsaken_Infinity

I kind of expected more random fun but this episode turned out weak, very weak compared to the last one ._.

7 / 10 for this episode. Kobato's true ancestor talks and the random references to other titles and that definition of se- by Maria were the highlights for me.