AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 09:53   Link #2961
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not what seinen means... -_-

Chances are nothing would change.
Zzzzzz I'm not a moron I know what it stands for ...
Quote:
The term shōnen, shonen, or shounen manga (少年漫画 shōnen manga?) refers to manga marketed to a male audience aged roughly 10 and up. The Kanji characters (少年) literally mean "few" and "year", respectively, where the characters (漫画) generally mean "comic". The complete phrase literally means "young person's comic" or simply "boys comic".
Quote:
Seinen manga (青年漫画?) is a subset of manga that is generally targeted at a 18–30 year old male audience, but the audience can be older with some manga aimed at businessmen well into their 40s. In Japanese, the word Seinen means "young man" or "young men" and is not suggestive of sexual matters.
Just a wiki quote.

Obviously by action I don't mean hentai left and right with people screwing their brains out after IS fights. What I mean is a little bit more mature content.
You know like Ichika growing a brain and seeing/responding at least sometimes to girls advances. Or intimate situations/accident being a little more fleshed out.
Marketing for 10y old boys and 20+ men is kinda different don't you think. Mangas like Nozoki Ana, Love Junkies, Velvet Kiss and so on, have sex and mature content almost in every chapter, yet they are still Seinen and not Hentai.
That is in manga market as I don't read raw novels, but still novels for a little more adult market should still be you know more adult than typical butterflies and ponies stuff. You know people dying, guts flying, someone in the background screwing, schemes and stuff like that.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:56   Link #2962
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

@Xaturas. Don't expect it to be like High School DxD lol . Fans will riot with an established harem like Ichika's and an established blockhead like Ichika.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 10:14   Link #2963
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
@Xaturas. Don't expect it to be like High School DxD lol . Fans will riot with an established harem like Ichika's and an established blockhead like Ichika.
Nah obviously we all know that .
But man can still hope right?
I just expect like 10-30% more mature content. Nothing out of the radar but just a little bit more above the Teletubbies level .
Old 2012-06-19, 17:33   Link #2964
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Maybe thanks to that Ichika won't be as dense as a black hole and we will get some *action* with the girls.
That would ruin the forever-innocent-dense-Ichika image. I'd be mad.
Old 2012-06-19, 17:52   Link #2965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Zzzzzz I'm not a moron I know what it stands for ...

Just a wiki quote.

Obviously by action I don't mean hentai left and right with people screwing their brains out after IS fights. What I mean is a little bit more mature content.
You know like Ichika growing a brain and seeing/responding at least sometimes to girls advances. Or intimate situations/accident being a little more fleshed out.
Marketing for 10y old boys and 20+ men is kinda different don't you think. Mangas like Nozoki Ana, Love Junkies, Velvet Kiss and so on, have sex and mature content almost in every chapter, yet they are still Seinen and not Hentai.
That is in manga market as I don't read raw novels, but still novels for a little more adult market should still be you know more adult than typical butterflies and ponies stuff. You know people dying, guts flying, someone in the background screwing, schemes and stuff like that.

...That's not how it works either; An author doesn't magically change his style just because his publication has changed =_= They're not a computer program which you can go into options and switch the settings (Well, most of them anyway.... >.>)

Putting aside sexual themes and bloody violence, if he really wanted to make Ichika any more than what he is, or develop the story into something mature- there's no need to be told- "It's Super Seinen Time!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 18:01   Link #2966
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Oh please, Izuru-sensei!!! No more denseness from Ichika, or I might lump him with Tohyama Kinji for being dense with girls. Time for some development on that department you know?

[Reprimanding are accepted. Curses are accepted. But death threats? Nah! nevermind them!]
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 18:29   Link #2967
tsunade666

Ichika being compared to Kinji?

That's a big insult. Kinji isn't dense. His in DENIAL! Ichika is DENSE!

And I don't think that IS will ever dwell in a mature way like dxd or hyaka hyoran way. As long as Ichika is the MC we will still get girls fan service and mecha fan service
Old 2012-06-19, 19:25   Link #2968
sky black swordman

^ tsunade666 thats so true Kinji is nothing like Ichika .

Anonymous_Slider read the LN's again Tohyama Kinji and Orimura Ichika cant even be compared .

At the very least HSS kinji would do his girls.
Old 2012-06-19, 20:07   Link #2969
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Whether it's denial or dense (It's arguable if there's a different at all since neither would acknowledge their feelings), the end result is still a cup of RAGE for anyone reading it.

Old 2012-06-19, 20:52   Link #2970
tsunade666

Kinji is tsundere for Aria while Ichika is ha? harem?

at least Kinji can understand an advancement but since girls are dangerous for him. He is in denial that this is bad and he has smell fetish for girls -_- while Ichika without need to argue.... was the new level of denseness on its own. Though I think Kinji can unleash more rage factors for fans than Ichika but still its arguable. Using Kinji to compare to Ichika as dense is just unwise comparison.
Old 2012-06-19, 20:57   Link #2971
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kinji is tsundere for Aria while Ichika is ha? harem?

at least Kinji can understand an advancement but since girls are dangerous for him. He is in denial that this is bad and he has smell fetish for girls -_- while Ichika without need to argue.... was the new level of denseness on its own. Though I think Kinji can unleash more rage factors for fans than Ichika but still its arguable. Using Kinji to compare to Ichika as dense is just unwise comparison.

...Need I remind you the story of A-san, K-kun, and R-san ?
Old 2012-06-19, 21:10   Link #2972
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Need I remind you the story of A-san, K-kun, and R-san ?
guh okay okay but still dense is dense and dense = ichika
Old 2012-06-20, 02:29   Link #2973
sky black swordman

I counter with Kinji's HSS . At the very least this make him better .
Also at the very least he will do them in HSS . And he has kissed the girls .
Old 2012-06-20, 04:33   Link #2974
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
guh okay okay but still dense is dense and dense = ichika
still doesn't beat Natsuru in Kampfer lol. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 04:35   Link #2975
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
still doesn't beat Natsuru in Kampfer lol. xD
Didn't read it but as far as I remember Natsuru did get with that short haired girl in kampfer in the end. So no even he is less dense. Ichika is a class of its own.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:25   Link #2976
Athena
The Power of One

^ Yeah, so far, Ichika has as much chances to end up with a girl as his chances to have a cheeseburger as soul mate.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:29   Link #2977
hellscythe
black raison d'etre

so no one can match Ichika for being dense :P
Old 2012-06-20, 09:16   Link #2978
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscythe View Post
so no one can match Ichika for being dense :P
NO ONE

Natsure even abrupt ending for Kampfer still got a girlfriend at the end of the series.
Old 2012-06-20, 09:17   Link #2979
Eratas123

Hey, IS hasn't ended yet, so cut the guy some slack. If he still doesn't get with anyone by the end, then he's the worst.
Old 2012-06-20, 16:41   Link #2980
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Hey, IS hasn't ended yet, so cut the guy some slack. If he still doesn't get with anyone by the end, then he's the worst.
Or the greatest. Managed to resist the temptation of not getting with any of these cute girls.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen