AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-25, 16:49   Link #1
aahhsin

Hitman Contracts

Looks very interesting. But before i shell out 50 bucks on it. Can someone give me a review.

I don't really like those IGN.com and all those other sites. I rather hear it from my peers and majority.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:04   Link #2
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Geez... ign and gamespot have reviews from gamers like you (it's a new section at ign), but gamespot had it for some time. Enjoy~~~~~~~`
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 02:02   Link #3
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
Geez... ign and gamespot have reviews from gamers like you (it's a new section at ign), but gamespot had it for some time. Enjoy~~~~~~~`
This is why I hate those sites. and their peer reviews.

Gameplay 10
Sound 10
Graphics 10
Fun Factor 10

X bOx sUxORs!!! I ruV Ps2 !!@!!@!@ RUAwwahaaasdf!!!

or the other way around giving all 1s with stupid ass comments.

Once in awhile you stumble on a decent one.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:58   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I haven't played Hitman 2 or the new one you've mentioned. If it's anything like the first game, then it would definitely be worth checking out.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:07   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Dammit, nobody knows. I liked Hitman 1 and 2...but only up until I got to the "don't shoot anyone" missions. I'm all about killing everyone.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:23   Link #6
Arwyn

I picked it up. Basically Contracts fills in 47's back story by him remembering former missions. So, there isnt the linear storyline like in the first two games, but the storyline and missions build up to explain where he is at the time.

The first couple of missions let you go stealth/kill em all, and they do a better job of giving you the option, although its hard not to blow em all away in mission 2.

So far its been pretty good. Nothing amazing, but a good solid game.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 14:38   Link #7
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Yeah It's definately worth a look.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 09:56   Link #8
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Well... all I can say about Hitman is...

Gameplay - very nice indeed... but too hard sometimes... 9
Sound - well its good... 8
Graphics - nice... nice... 10
Fun Factor - its really fun especially completing a hard mission using your own strategy... 9.5

Well its a worthy game for me...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:28   Link #9
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Gameplay 10
Sound 10
Graphics 10
Fun Factor 10

..... j/k.

I've been playing it on the pc recently. I haven't been able to play much, only the first two levels but from what I've seen so far... it's a good game. If you like stealth action and level design that allows your objectives in multiple ways, this is the game for you.

Graphics aren't fantastic but they're good... the presentation is superb... the way the game goes to each stage is smooth and innovative. I recommend this game to any stealth game fan and to those that are iffy on the genre, if there's a game to get you into a steal-oriented game, this might be it.

Final grade: B+
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:09   Link #10
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Gameplay 10
Sound 10
Graphics 10
Fun Factor 10

..... j/k.

I've been playing it on the pc recently. I haven't been able to play much, only the first two levels but from what I've seen so far... it's a good game. If you like stealth action and level design that allows your objectives in multiple ways, this is the game for you.

Graphics aren't fantastic but they're good... the presentation is superb... the way the game goes to each stage is smooth and innovative. I recommend this game to any stealth game fan and to those that are iffy on the genre, if there's a game to get you into a steal-oriented game, this might be it.

Final grade: B+
it is sometimes hard... right?
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 20:14   Link #11
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

i have it still not installed playing manhunt now
Old 2004-04-30, 20:29   Link #12
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
I loved Hitman 2. Im going to get this game pretty soon. Any new elements to the game? for example car chases or somthing?
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 20:46   Link #13
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

The first few levels are awesome, especially the slaughterhouse, which has got to be the best mission in the game. Sadly, it goes downhill very fast after you beat all the 'original' missions and take the Hong Kong missions, which are just repeats from the first Hitman.
Hitman 2 is much better than this. Gameplay and mission-wise.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 08:21   Link #14
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephronite
The first few levels are awesome, especially the slaughterhouse, which has got to be the best mission in the game. Sadly, it goes downhill very fast after you beat all the 'original' missions and take the Hong Kong missions, which are just repeats from the first Hitman.
Hitman 2 is much better than this. Gameplay and mission-wise.
that makes me want to cry. lol. guess ill have to find my hitman 2 and relive the action from that.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 13:10   Link #15
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

hey remove that link or you will get banned!!! Read the rules next time!
Old 2004-05-12, 03:22   Link #16
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Quote:
for example car chases or somthing?
Man that would suck. That sort of gameplay isn't what Hitman is about. On a similar note about gameplay, I was reading another forum recently, and someone made a post along the lines of "OMG this game is so easy! I just machine gun everyone, theres no challenge at all", so I guess I'll say a little about how this game is "supposed" to be played to anyone who might be interested in getting it.

First off, yes, on normal difficulty at least, it IS easy to just run through the level and machine gun everyone down. But if you play like that the game will last you about 10 minutes. The beauty of Hitman is that the levels are quite open ended, theres always multiple ways that you can go about your objectives. You can run-and-gun if you want, the game allows you the freedom to do so, but you probably wont get as much enjoyment out of the game through doing that. The fun of it all, is in the stealth aspect. On each level, you have 1 or 2 targets to kill, and usually some other objective, like recovering an item too. Now the levels are designed in such a way, that you have many options for going about those objectives. Sneak into your targets room and smother him with a pillow as he sleeps, or perhaps poison his whiskey and serve it to him disguised as his butler. It all about choices, and each level has quite a few, specific to the current environment. And for the real meat, go for the elusive "silent assasin" rating. This means you cant get spotted by anyone (by spotted I mean recognized as a hitman/intruder, you can be seen by others in disguise for example), no gunshots,
no killing anyone except your target, and a few other things. This means you have to carefully think about what you're going to do.

Personally, I think its great fun trying to find all the different combinations there are to beating each level. If that sounds intrigueing to you, then the Hitman games are worth a rent at least.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 20:35   Link #17
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
The Hitman series is one of my favorite series so I picked up Contracts right when it came out. I read a review about it before I picked it up which influenced me to play in Expert mode instead of Normal. They really really toned down the difficulty with Contracts in my opinion. I remember playing Hitman 2 and having to look at gamefaqs.com every now and then, and when I was able to finish a mission without resorting to strategy guides it gave me a sense of accomplishment when I did manage to beat a difficult level.

Hitman: Contracts on the other hand is soooo easy. Expert mode lets you have only 2 saves and the damage on enemies is increased I believe. Even so, its really easy to get Silent Assassin rating. I managed to get it on all the missions except the last one...(not even sure if you can get it on the last one, please tell me how if you know). The mission I had the most trouble with was the restaurant massacre one which is a remake from the first game. That was the only one I really felt accomplishment for completing. Most missions just seem so obvious on how to complete them though, I guess the first two games had more trial and error. The game feels like an expansion pack to me, thought it was short and easy and some of my favorite weapons weren't there.

Also another thing, the artificial intelligence seems to have gotten worse. I liked how in the second game if you ran alot you would raise suspicion and it would build tension when your walking by enemies, but in Contracts I can run by npcs and they wont do anything if im in disguise. Speaking of disguises, you get "cover blown" messages which are annoying. Say your in a room with two guards and you shoot one of the guards with a silenced pistol and the other guard sees it. You get a cover blown message and then you kill the second guard. Even though no one else saw or heard you kill anyone the fact that you got the cover blown message basically renders your disguise useless and everyone in the mission will open fire on you. I haven't played Hitman 2 in awhile but I remember the AI being better than it is in Contracts.

Overall I found it to be pretty fun, new missions are great, remakes of the old ones are great, though the devs must have an obsession with rain because every level that I remember where your outdoors its raining. New weapons are good, my favorite weapons in Contracts I got after I beat the game and did all the cheats just for kicks. One is like a cardboard tube which you can hit people with and they fly lol. Also the minigun and golden guns. I like how you can shoot someone in the gut now and they will roll on the ground in pain, had a whole roomful of people rolling on the ground clutching their stomachs in pain, thought that was funny . If you haven't played any other Hitman games, this would be a good place to start in my opinion.

Edit: Never mind about telling how to get Silent Assassin on the last level, figured out how.

Shun me, for I am frumious!

Last edited by Bandersnatch; 2004-05-12 at 21:15.
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote