Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-19, 21:05   Link #1
Falcor04
Poolhall Junkie

Seinen Manga Recommendation Thread

I ran a search through the discussion board looking for a seinen manga discussion thread. While there were discussions about different seinen mangas, I never crossed a general recommendation thread, so if there is one my apologizes and please redirect me to that discussion. Well I guess I will start out.

What I'm looking for is a seinen manga with any varying amount of drama / romance. While I have found some success, I would appreciate your input.

What I have read / watched so far: (while some of these titles aren't technically classified as seinen manga I still included them because it is what I liked)

Berserk
Suzuka
Bitter Virgin
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin (series and movies)
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Tenjou Tenge
Tsukihime
Basilisk

Looking into: (need more here!)
Gantz

Also, if anyone needs any recommendation I would happy to help out as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 2007-11-19, 22:19   Link #2
Tri-ring

My reccomendations will be,

Moonlight Mile
Planetes
Iryu - Team Medical Dragon
Gallery Fake
Master Keaton
Ron by Murakami Motoka (Manga concluded, was serialized in Big Comic Original)
Jin also by Murakami Motoka (Manga currently serialized in Super Jump)
Holyland by Mori Kouji (Manga currently serialized in Young Animal)
Knuckle Duel Dark Legend Cestvs by Wazaari Shizuka(Manga currently serialized in Young Animal)
Zero the man of creation written by Ai Hideji illustrated by Satomi Kei (Manga currently serialized in Super Jump)
Like Shooting Stars in the Twilight by Hirokane Kenshi (Manga currently serialized in Big Comic Original)
Mushi-shi
Vagabond

to name a few.
Old 2007-11-19, 22:25   Link #3
bobjoemac

Monster - finished

...how to describe without ruining the whole thing... I can't read ONE volume and if you don't like it dont read it :P

20th century boys - finished

Whole bunch of kids wrote up crazy plans to take over and save the world fast forward 20 years and someone is fulfilling the plans...

Pluto - not finished but hopefully getting close

A re-make of astro boy but AMAZING

^ all amazing masterpices done by the same author

Bokurano

From the author of bokurano 15 children found a man in a cave exploring and were told to play a game he designed next thing they know they are inside a giant robot and one of them at a time have to defeat 15 enemies but at a huge cost... each pilot must use their life force to pilot it...

Zetman

Think batman on crack. Evil scientists make super humans with special powers one of the scientists escape with one and hides away only to be found later. The second main character is SUPER rich and pulls a batman with crazy super high tech gadgets to fight these monster human things.
Old 2007-11-19, 23:11   Link #4
Falcor04
Poolhall Junkie

Ahh thanks gentlemen and / or ladies! Also, I forgot to add this in my list from above, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, check that out if you haven't. A must see!
Old 2007-11-20, 00:02   Link #5
Diedrupo

I recommend Bokurano
Old 2007-11-20, 01:57   Link #6
ironbomb

Ichigo100%...but its ALL romance/Drama with great character development.
Old 2007-11-20, 03:12   Link #7
tbl
Affably Evil

Battle Royale is great. Think Lord of the Flies mentality/psychology combined with Kill Bill violence.
Parasyte a.k.a. Kiseijū is very good.
Ubel Blatt it's ongoing, but also good.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Closed Thread