AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 19 13.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 18.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 13.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.65%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-24, 17:44   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I dunno, the majority of the character work looked just fine this week.
Yeah that's true --- as expected with it being quite the 'fanservice' episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Some people called Marina's meeting with Setsuna cliche. But in my opinion, realistically, there are only two ways for Marina and Setsuna to meet in a Gundam show given their personality. 1) Setsuna accidentally saves Marina 2) Marina butts into Setsuna's life uninvited.

Either way, I can see people calling the meeting cliche.
Nicely said.

Even if the meeting was cliche, i don't see any problems with that. Now i would see problems with 'Setsuna accidentally saves Marina', though if that was chosen then i'd stand by the decision of why it was chosen out of the many possibilities.

Their meeting in this episode works in my books. Yet another to add into my Gundam 'meeting' book.
Old 2007-11-24, 18:18   Link #82
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think the computer can calculate the behaviour of every single person. It's probably just calculating the group dynamics of large groups of persons, like in social psychology. People act different in groups and the goal of CB seems to be to unite mankind into one large group, so it just makes sense, that the computer only calculates this kind of development.
No but in this case the computer is analyzing the individual separately. Surely it analyzes all aspects and characteristics of the pilot.

Though if you ask me that's quite a bit of faith being place in a super computer. I'd be quite uneasy.

EDIT: Just finished reading though RC's blog and apparently the AEU is leaking information to CB.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 18:18   Link #83
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Comparing those shows to Gundam is unfair because the three shows you named were all aimed for an older audience and they were of a different genre.

That being said, I think they can do better with this episode too. But I am not complaining too much because what happened in this episode was about what I expected from this show and it's definately better than the worst case scenario I envisioned in my mind.

Some people called Marina's meeting with Setsuna cliche. But in my opinion, realistically, there are only two ways for Marina and Setsuna to meet in a Gundam show given their personality. 1) Setsuna accidentally saves Marina 2) Marina butts into Setsuna's life uninvited.

Either way, I can see people calling the meeting cliche.

If I must choose between the two I think I rather have scenario 2 since I can't really see Setsuna saving anyone other than himself unless he was told. Had Setsuna saved Marina I would have thought he was acting a bit off character.

To me, having Marina saving Setsuna instead is already a plus.

It could have been much worse. I think.
I liked that Marina saved Setsuna like you stated, but I would've liked her meeting with Setsuna to have lasted the whole episode. Not this skip to Sergei, then to the 2 minute CB intervention garbage they're doing. The show needs more focus for it to have an impact. The meetings are short, the battles are short, the speeches are short, the commentary is short. It's like the show can't decide whether it wants to mecha centered, character centereed, or politically centered. At the moment it seems the show is trying to too much at once and it makes the individual episodes feel flat and meaningless. It's like Gundam for the ADD generation.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 19:25   Link #84
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well this was an interseting episode as for setsuna telling marina he's a gundam miester well he's not the sanest person in the world and as for marina it's not like she can look throught the millions of people in the world trying to find him.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 19:26   Link #85
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Looks like the usual suspects are complaining as usual.

We can also easily do without the topic derailment and outright trolling Kazamachi Shogen. It's one thing to be upset with the direction, but you don't need to go on and on about it and focus on just one topic to nitpick over each and every episode.
lol derailment? So what I mentioned so far aren't part of ep8?
Old 2007-11-24, 20:08   Link #86
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Uh oh. We're gonna invite Celestial Being into "eliminating our squabbles."

Anyways, it's not a bad episode. I agree that the episode could have been an hour long instead of all that crammed into 30 minutes.

Oh well, at least Felt was cute and funny, having an attachment to Haro of some sort and splashing water back with one hand, not really looking like she's into it. The Marina and Setsuna meeting may have been cliche, but there's a lot of things that don't feel cliche anymore. It didn't surprise me that Setsuna would give Marina a hard time. Even without the fact that her country did something terrible to his country, I could tell with his personality that he'd do what he did. For whatever reason he flew extremely close to Marina's jet, I found it entertaining. Maybe he's proving to her that he wasn't lying, but not doing very well in doing so? If he had the Gundam look directly at her, then that would have been a bigger clue to her.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 21:03   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Felt:
Old 2007-11-24, 21:13   Link #88
Virtue
Banned

Damn, this is turning into a Heero x Relena.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 21:27   Link #89
lubczyk

Did anyone get Felt x Lockon and Christina x Hallelujah from the beginning of the episode? That'll be interesting how it turns out.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:34   Link #90
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Did anyone get Felt x Lockon and Christina x Hallelujah from the beginning of the episode? That'll be interesting how it turns out.
Felt's only 14! 14 year old girl x 24 year old man is a definite no no, no mater how good looking Lockon is! -_- (I mean even Lalah x Char was 17 and 20)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 21:44   Link #91
lubczyk

Quote:
Felt's only 14! 14 year old girl x 24 year old man is a definite no no, no mater how good looking Lockon is! -_- (I mean even Lalah x Char was 17 and 20)
14 and 24 isn't that big of a difference especially if the girl is the younger one. You know girls mature faster than boys so ten years isn't that big of a difference. At least not from a European standpoint.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:54   Link #92
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think the computer can calculate the behaviour of every single person. It's probably just calculating the group dynamics of large groups of persons, like in social psychology. People act different in groups and the goal of CB seems to be to unite mankind into one large group, so it just makes sense, that the computer only calculates this kind of development.
Veda sounds a lot like Hari Seldon's Prime Radiant from Asimov's Foundation books, and also has a secret society behind it to maintain and enforce its plan for humanity.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:08   Link #93
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
14 and 24 isn't that big of a difference especially if the girl is the younger one. You know girls mature faster than boys so ten years isn't that big of a difference. At least not from a European standpoint.
meh that would mean that Lockon has a lolicon fetish, and besides ten years is a pretty big difference, well in todays society anyways.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:10   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
meh that would mean that Lockon has a lolicon fetish, and besides ten years is a pretty big difference, well in todays society anyways.
Including Musicians and Hollywood actors?
Old 2007-11-24, 22:43   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Damn, this is turning into a Heero x Relena.
Only if she starts stalking him and him declaring that he will "destroy her"

Though given the fact that things aren't going so well back at home I doubt she has time to go and chase Setsuna around.

Quote:
No I think they are talking about how that "age difference" in which case she's still a teen. If she was 20 and he was 30 sure no problem but when it's under 18....

Sweet mother she doesn't even look 14...
Old 2007-11-24, 22:47   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I dunno, the majority of the character work looked just fine this week.

think just one low quality frame doesn't make it worth calling the entire episode bad looking.
I agree. I guess some people are just out to bring drag the whole series through the mud. It's really tiring to see some people constantly leaping on every opportunity to make this series look as bad as possible. It's really easy to focus on things like Sumeragi being well endowed, which normally wouldn't even be a problem in most series. Apparently there is something wrong with a private military having no dress code and allowing it's members to go on excursions once in a while. As long as it doesn't become like Gundam Seed Destiny where the Minvera crew were on Shore Leave seemingly every 3 episodes then I'm all good.

Frankly I can see why they went after Episode 07 because Sumeragi is well aware of the consequences of her actions and wants to take the tension off of Christina and Felt, lest they end up mindless sociopaths like Wang Liu Min. Those two really don't belong in all this, and it's been made quite obvious several times. At first I was upset with there presence for them being so out of place, but now I'm starting to think it might be intentional as a plot point.

It's also easy to nitpick over one frame that looks a bit awkard, but to fail to notice the frames that look exceptional like this and to twist it around in a way that makes it look like it's a bad thing that they made this scene look so good, because it also happens to feature a girl in a bathing suit (the horror!). As I said, I don't see why this is a problem unless one is trying to make it one. The priorities and tone of some of the commentators on this series are so far out of whack with what really matters in each episode, that I honestly do consider some of it trolling like I said.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:56   Link #97
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Frankly I can see why they went after Episode 07 because Sumeragi is well aware of the consequences of her actions and wants to take the tension off of Christina and Felt, lest they end up mindless sociopaths like Wang Liu Min.
IMO it's quite scary for such young people to be involved in such a bloodbath.

It's moments like those you would treasure the most.
Old 2007-11-24, 23:09   Link #98
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Sweet mother she doesn't even look 14...
That's where the term "Jail Bait" came from.
Old 2007-11-24, 23:10   Link #99
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Felt I am thinking is more Athrun than Athrun was in that she's a super geek so she really loves her Haro more than anyone else. Lockon has a dark side, and chibi Lockon is pretty kawaii, even from this guy's standpoint. Wang Liu Mei...yeah, she's pretty out there...

That said...Sumeragi is living fanservice. Since Murrue needed the AA to be hit to bounce, Sunrise decided to one-up that and make Sumeragi the most stacked gundam character in existence. Holy crap. There's even one scene on the beach, I believe it's the Xtina and Felt one splashing at each other on the left, and on the right, it's just PURPLE BOOBY! (Not that I mind!)

Sumeragi is like Fate/Stay Night's Rider...she looks good in everything...and nothing

Yes, Sumeragi was the highlight of the episode (again =P). At least until I can see the subs and figure out what they were really saying. Oh, and for the record, Tieria is simply massive LMFAO.

*spots target*
GIANT PINK BEAMS OF DOOM AND DEATH
Tieria: Mission Completed.

I so love Virtue's overkill factor.

Felt is just so cute though...
Old 2007-11-24, 23:26   Link #100
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Ah...the usual people are doing the complaing. Well, I thought it was a good episode.

When I first watch Setsuna and Marina's meeting, I was pretty much wtf too. I rewatched it and I now agree that if it was Setsuna who save the damsel in distress, their meeting would have been more cliche (I'm not going to complain). If Marina and Setsuna met and then part away without any major impression of each other then they won't have any connection/chemistry.

I thought Felt was too cute in this episode (with Haro!). More Lockon next week...I believe I saw him wearing a black suit (visting his parent's grave?).
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote