AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 58 46.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 26.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-09, 02:37   Link #61
Jenn

Good episode I don't think lulu is a madman yet. It's just that suzaku is a really good friend, and if you think about it, a lot of shocks just sort of piled up and burst out into a laugh from all the irony. I don't think Suzaku is following him... I personally think Suzaku is one step ahead of Lulu for madness.

On the other hand, now Lulu almost completely has Todou's trust...if he can get over the suzaku thing quickly it would be great.

Also at the end, do you think C.C. compared him to Mao with the whole madness thing? I really hate how she just stares at everything, looking god like and all like someone mentioned.
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 02:57   Link #62
demonik
I like cheese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
its not power ranger, its Geass Ranger~ :3

and yeah, one more thing.

About shirley. This is her scrapped letter..

Mentioned nothing about Lulu being part of the blackKnight. So I guess that might save us sometimes
But, if previous episodes have hinted. Some things can trigger the memory block made by geass.

Prime example being in the last episode when Lulu used the geass on himself. When Suzaku tells him that he told him the plan, and he sees the mirror, everything connects and boom, the memory came back.

Also Villette's memory started to "Sort of" return, when she began seeing the blurred image of the school student.

So i think that the letter will maybe send Shirely on a journey to regain her memories, and eventually give her a pivotal (although unknown) role during the finale, having an effect on Lulu.
demonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 03:07   Link #63
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Prime example being in the last episode when Lulu used the geass on himself. When Suzaku tells him that he told him the plan, and he sees the mirror, everything connects and boom, the memory came back.
err.. nope, his memory didn't come back. He figures out thats must be whats happening. He even said "sourashiina." (That seems to be so..) which means he didn't remember, but he can figure out whats happened.

Quote:
Also Villette's memory started to "Sort of" return, when she began seeing the blurred image of the school student.
err... no. Vietta's blurry image is the image of Lulu she saw when she was in her knightmare (please see ep2). It was well before the geass activate and Lulu didn't command her to specificly to forget it so she never forgot that.

well, the thing is Shirley still remember that her dad is killed by the black knight. It is also all that letter said. So she will learn nothing new really... I think the next episode will show her tossing the paper in the bin not recalling anything to prove that Lulu did wipe everything out of her. It is a burden of a geass user.

Quote:
Also at the end, do you think C.C. compared him to Mao with the whole madness thing? I really hate how she just stares at everything, looking god like and all like someone mentioned.
yeah, as I mentioned. She is more like a godlike observer figure. I do not think she is trying to compare Lulu with Mao there though, that's why she will be giving him a wise suggestion (which Lulu will reject) on the coming episode. Well since she need screentime, and she doesn't have a knightmare yet, just randomly pop out stalking Lulu seems to be cool enough.... Hopefully when Lulu has his new knightmare she won't have to stalk him anymore.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 03:27   Link #64
etothex

plot shield might be used ala her hand conveniently covering up some words, and the top of the page not being visible. Although for some reason, I would think she refers to him as "Lulu" in her diary, not Lelouch. That might not trigger anything. The big question, is how memories that include Lulu are dealt with. Fake memories created, or just his presence shifted aside? She was writing about the OoBk after going throug the trouble of going to the docks and finding out who Zero was, so how did being geassed affect that? Will she remember going to the docks? Will she remember she was holding Zero's gun while she was writing this scrap? If she doesn't remember writing it, how will she react? How bout seeing a photo with her, Lulu and Rivalz. This whole wiping his existence from shirley's mind thing has too many flaws.

For CC's godstance, i was thinking it was more like pity and probably a bit of regret. Pity as in the power of the king will make you lonely. Regret cuz she cares about him.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 03:34   Link #65
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Watched the episode. Very good, but the emotional impact seems lacking. Well, it's Suzaku mostly so figure.

That cheesy insert song with the 4 Swords/Toudou was awesome. If it was any other mecha anime, I wouldn't had liked it so much as an insert, but I thought the song felt very "Nippon Spirit" without being obviously hot-blooded and fitted very well with the characters/Knightmare in action. I don't want to see Zero with that insert song though.

Ceh, I was kinda happy when I saw Lancelot in the next episode preview. It had me thinking it would've been a Suzaku recap, but the way those scenes pave out, it's Lelouch. AGAIN. It would've been better if we got to see Suzaku's "omg cro u r ebil n must die1111" thoughts throughout Geass. Bummer.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 05:46   Link #66
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
We can't read the first part of the letter.....we only know that the first sentence ends with "blackKnight", but before this word we can't read anything....
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 07:22   Link #67
Retsoor

How long did Lelouch wait behind the wall to ensure a magnificent entrance, I wonder.

>> wonder if this "perfect move! just what I expect from Zero!" misunderstanding is going to be another running Geass joke.

Oh I hope so, I hope so indeed. The legend of the far-sighted Zero, all in Toudou's mind. After that we'd only need Diethard getting off every time Lelouch comes up with a plan of questionable morality.

Something felt missing though, the Euphemia and Suzaku scenes weren't quite up to par, but the manliness more than made up for it. The song whatever by whomever had a distinct old heroes reunited once again feel to it, which was perfect to the occasion. Kudos to the director once again, in that the scene where and the way Toudou merely stood up on the Knightmare's hatch was rife with manliness.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 08:10   Link #68
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
since when was lulu considered a madman?
Since the beginning.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 08:43   Link #69
SinsI

If Zero is smart enough(which I think he is), geassing of Shirley would include making her ignore anything identifying him she encounters or even actively helping to hide his identity, so it's actually a good thing that it's not her roommate that found the letter.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 08:47   Link #70
quina

Quote:
its not power ranger, its Geass Ranger~ :3

and yeah, one more thing.

About shirley. This is her scrapped letter..

Mentioned nothing about Lulu being part of the blackKnight. So I guess that might save us sometimes
Quote myself -_-
Letter's content, if anyone is interested.

"Blackknights? Why did my father have to die?
Let's what get my thinking!
My father dead and then <hand~> en
But it all just make my <hand~>
and I can't think straight"
Old 2007-02-09, 09:10   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonik View Post
So i think that the letter will maybe send Shirely on a journey to regain her memories, and eventually give her a pivotal (although unknown) role during the finale, having an effect on Lulu.
The question is: will she remember everything (Zero), or just about Lelouch. I'll say it again that i'm glad she just hasn't been thrown away like a lot of people wanted, she once played a huge role in the series.. and it looks that she'll be playing an even bigger one in coming episode.
Old 2007-02-09, 09:36   Link #72
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The question is: will she remember everything (Zero), or just about Lelouch. I'll say it again that i'm glad she just hasn't been thrown away like a lot of people wanted, she once played a huge role in the series.. and it looks that she'll be playing an even bigger one in coming episode.
Well, as one screenshot showed, the Geass she got is forcing her to not even able to draw Lulu's face in art class without her realising. This is similar to certain brain injuries whereby the person would only draw either the left or the right side of a face, and unable to recognise the existence of the missing half. Lulu's Geass essentially forced Sherly's brain to blank out everything about him.

The same brain condition also makes a man only shave one half of his face, for a woman to only apply lipstick to one half, etc. When your own brain is lying to you, you have no way of finding out.

The interesting thing is, the fact that Shirely is entirely unaware that her sketch of Lulu is faceless. This means it is very hard for Shirely herself to get her memories back; The Geass did not just removed her memories of Lulu, but also prevents any repeat of old romance by hindering any memorable interactions at all with him. There is a strong chance she has already forgotten about the person she met at her father's graveyard. Even the crumpled letter might not help; she could very well be unable to even recognise the contents.

You know what would be sad? If Lulu somehow succeeds in defeating his father and empire without causing the appocalypse, and wanted to be friends with Shirely again. Yet only to realising the damage was done, and he would always be a stranger to her for ever more...
Old 2007-02-09, 09:49   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, if there's going to be something about Shirley's feelings on that piece of paper she found, then i'm thinking it'll at least give her memory a lil' jump start as to what she's missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV
You know what would be sad? If Lulu somehow succeeds in defeating his father and empire without causing the appocalypse, and wanted to be friends with Shirely again. Yet only to realising the damage was done, and he would always be a stranger to her for ever more...
Well, we always knew that as Lelouch progress's in his plans, he'll lose more & more people. Its pretty understandable that after most of this has happened, his friendship with Suzaku won't be as it used to be.. maybe nothing at all.
Old 2007-02-09, 09:55   Link #74
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hmmm, i idnt think too muchof this episode.. somehting was off.. i dont know why but it wasnt as thrilled as the previous episodes to me..

however Lelouch's laugh was awsome, rofl.. seriously he's losing it bit by bit
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:07   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Judging by the screenshots this will be kickass So, the whole gang now knows who is Lancelot's pilot... this is bound to get things interesting (Imagine the glares Kallen will be giving Suzaku in school... )

Lulu laughing in the end... either he is losing it, or he is laughing at the irony of the situation - a former Britanian prince is out to get Britania, and the biggest thorn in his side is a childhood friend who happens to be the son of Japan's prime minister

A lot less likely, but he could as well be laughing, because now he has an easy way to deal with Lancelot's pilot. *cough* geass *cough*... tho it is unlikely he will geass Suzaku. I also wonder what will keep Suzaku alive from Kallen. Unless he is going to stop going to school now that he is Euphie's knight and all.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:16   Link #76
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I also wonder what will keep Suzaku alive from Kallen. Unless he is going to stop going to school now that he is Euphie's knight and all.
She doesn't want to kill him.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:19   Link #77
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
She doesn't want to kill him.
I don't think that her concern. She will kill susaku if she can, just that if you do it in school her secret will be exposed.

She is confused when she saw Susaku in Lancelot, so she asked for Zero's command. If Zero said "Kill him", she will.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:25   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
since when was lulu considered a madman?
also i found that the fight between suzaku and toudou after his unmasking pretty honorable ~ it wasnt like he was forced to fight but rather mutual agreement on both sides to "duel" (just like the good old times )
Maybe I stretched that a little bit, but considering the situation that both Lelouch and Suzaku are in, it's going to be difficult maintaining their sanity(maybe that's what I'm shooting for).

Quote:
She is confused when she saw Susaku in Lancelot, so she asked for Zero's command. If Zero said "Kill him", she will.
Not sure if that's the case since she was literally begging the others not to engage Suzaku. If Zero asked her to kill him it may end up being difficult for her to execute.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:27   Link #79
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I don't think that her concern. She will kill susaku if she can, just that if you do it in school her secret will be exposed.

true, Kallen wouldve killed Shirley as well without question but Shirley thought she knew the love secret between Lulu and Kallen

i think Lulu's laugh was more of a way cause it is just perfect for Suzaku to be Lanelot's pilot, you know the sayings, keep your friends close but your enemies veen closer, this woul probably mean to him that if Suzaku would find out he would hesitate a lot before killing him and maybe becau the whol thing is turning into quite a show then
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:31   Link #80
justsomeguy

Once again, why is Lelouche surprised that Suzaku is Lancelot's pilot? In episode 13, they were yelling at each other while fighting in their knightmares! Certainly Zero knew that the guy who was calling him a murderer was Suzaku (he calls him by name!), and it isn't much of a leap to figure out that he was in the enemy mech!
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote