AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-23, 02:22   Link #241
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Here's the passage:

Guess who the skull-god is. Three guesses. The first two don't count.
Hades was just providing help to Shalba. In this manner Shalba is still acting on his own, like.....Shalba asking help to Hades and he helped Shalba because of the mutual cause
Old 2012-05-23, 09:59   Link #242
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Hades was just providing help to Shalba. In this manner Shalba is still acting on his own, like.....Shalba asking help to Hades and he helped Shalba because of the mutual cause
Agreed. In this case, Hades was playing "both sides against the middle."
Old 2012-05-23, 19:37   Link #243
sky black swordman

Hades and Indra are partners and are pulling the strings behind scenes so that the other factions fall apart. At least thats what Hades thinks any way but the realty in my opinion is that Indra is playing is pulling his strings and every thing else.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:21   Link #244
CNine
Inactive Member

This LN became more and more like Dragon Ball
Spoiler for Dragon Ball:

and what "games" is it?that could made Chaos Brigade in mess!
Old 2012-05-26, 04:17   Link #245
sky black swordman

^ But the number one is still set with GR at 1st.
Ophis was at 1st but was only because they never counted GR or put him in the equation .
So Ophis stayed at 1st unopposed.
Old 2012-05-26, 14:16   Link #246
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I don't know, I interpreted that conversation between Ddraig and Albion as about how their possessors fought... i.e. the past Red and White Dragon Emperors rather than the original dragons.

Since the powers of the Sacred Gears cancelled out, the victor was determined by who was more skilled.
Wait but their sacred gears don't cancel out, if one can absorb the extra half. With they both started out at the same strength then white will always be head since red will simply double the power back to his original amount whereas white will always be increasing by that extra half.

The only way around that would be for red to be able to hold his charged doubling power but white not being able to hold and charge his halving power.
Old 2012-05-26, 14:51   Link #247
isak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Wait but their sacred gears don't cancel out, if one can absorb the extra half. With they both started out at the same strength then white will always be head since red will simply double the power back to his original amount whereas white will always be increasing by that extra half.

The only way around that would be for red to be able to hold his charged doubling power but white not being able to hold and charge his halving power.
But Albion users release excess power through the wings on their back, as issei once proved it can be overloaded by too much power, so if the user overdoes it the power will overwhelm them and they lose thus skill comes into the game.
Old 2012-05-26, 14:53   Link #248
Mammon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post

The bit about him taking on the opponents power is only his secondary ability and their is a limit to thecamount of power he can take on.with dividing as his primary I think,but ise can double his power and use gift on other thinks(example,when ise uses gift on the holy water and cross on raiser) so he may use gift on other things to make up for the difference.like ascalon or something.
Old 2012-05-26, 20:02   Link #249
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ But the number one is still set with GR at 1st.
Ophis was at 1st but was only because they never counted GR or put him in the equation .
So Ophis stayed at 1st unopposed.
they're basically has equal power since

GR---->Create something from nothing
Ophis----->return anything to nothing
Old 2012-05-26, 20:22   Link #250
sky black swordman

BG powers are Boost which multiplies ones power and the other is Gift/Transfer which gives the power of boost to others.

DD powers are Divide which divides ones power and the other is steal/absorb which take the power taken in to ones self.

Both the BG and DD are equal no one is better then the other.

If you think that DD and albion is better then the BG and Ddraig then you are wrong. Because how do explain in vol 9 when Issei meet one his female senpai
she told him about a former who beat the Hakuryūkō not once but twice during his life time and was known as the strongest Sekiryūtei of all time.

What determines the winner is the with the most skill with SG and power.
Old 2012-05-26, 20:34   Link #251
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
they're basically has equal power since

GR---->Create something from nothing
Ophis----->return anything to nothing
Yes thats true but as of vol11 they are not.
Old 2012-05-26, 21:13   Link #252
XFire
150% done

So who was #2? I know there was an "insurmountable" gap between Ophus and the next (which has since been surmounted, obviously), but the follow-up must be pretty bad-ass. Technically, one of the Heavenly Dragons should occupy this spot, but they're both nerfed, and bible god is dead. So whose next? Indra seems likely, unless Greek mythology goes past the current Pantheon. I shudder to think of the Titans or Uranous in this setting.
Old 2012-05-26, 23:26   Link #253
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So who was #2? I know there was an "insurmountable" gap between Ophus and the next (which has since been surmounted, obviously), but the follow-up must be pretty bad-ass. Technically, one of the Heavenly Dragons should occupy this spot, but they're both nerfed, and bible god is dead. So whose next? Indra seems likely, unless Greek mythology goes past the current Pantheon. I shudder to think of the Titans or Uranous in this setting.
To be honest there was never any mention of the 2nd in the ranking of DxD only the fact that the 1st spot was always set because they never counted GR. I think the strongest gods right now are Indra and Zeus or Odin. But I think that Bible god was the strongest God.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:45   Link #254
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@sky i'd personally say that DD is in most cases stronger than BG if caught early on, DD doesn't affect it's user at all meaning it can be used at full strength almost right away add to the fact that it steals power it was stated that DD is far simpler to use since the one using it reaches max power very fast (much faster than the BG which requires time to build up). Essentially the owner of BG comes to a standstill, if he keeps boosting divide will still be active and only once removed will it be worth using the boosts (since DD will steal half the power of those boosts and give it to its owner or expel it making it useless) essentially giving the DD user a significant advantage.
Old 2012-05-27, 16:31   Link #255
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Depends on how you look at it, Boosted Gear has the power to double power every ten seconds as well transfer power to your allies. Balance Breaker automatically increase all base attributes of the user. Divine Dividing divides power by 10 seconds as well absorbs half the power of an opponent and takes it as your own. Balance Breaker half all objects or people in half in the area. Individually Divine Dividing is set for an individual, while Boosted Gear is set for a Team. If I had to choose between the two I prefer Boosted Gear. I am a team player, but I can also hold my own which is the strength of Boost Gear. With Divine Dividing, it is set to be only a solo only.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:26   Link #256
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Reaper I'm the opposite, i'd probably work better with Divine Dividing, i generally hate being around others (there are exceptions) and i especially hate working with others on a team (any team sport i always am in a position that is solitary and doesn't involve co-operation with anyone such as goalie, or dodge ball i wait for me to be the last one standing and then take out the entire opposing team myself).
Old 2012-05-27, 18:56   Link #257
XFire
150% done

Dang, n0m is booking on vol 12.

It was nice seeing Sirzechs shut Hades up with his power, too. But who's the third Super Satan (lol, I love calling it that) that Azazel mentioned?

@dragonroots I can sympathize with that. I'm not really a team person, either. Though do BG and DD really discriminate on character-type? I thought the inheritance was more or less random.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:58   Link #258
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

As an individual yeah, the Divine Dividing is the correct choice since it all on one person. For me I prefer both, team player and individual. Boasted Gear is mostly set on the individual, but the ability to transfer power is a big plus for teamwork. Since I play basketball and football, I know both teamwork and individual wins the game.
Old 2012-05-27, 19:35   Link #259
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
As an individual yeah, the Divine Dividing is the correct choice since it all on one person. For me I prefer both, team player and individual. Boasted Gear is mostly set on the individual, but the ability to transfer power is a big plus for teamwork. Since I play basketball and football, I know both teamwork and individual wins the game.
I am with you. I would also prefer both or do what Issei did to get DD powers .
And what we need to determine which is Stronger BG or DD we need to know the records of wins and losses. And who was won more times in a row.
On that one it looks like the BG user Belzard The strongest male Red Dragon Emperor who defeated the White Dragon Emperor twice.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:55   Link #260
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I am with you. I would also prefer both or do what Issei did to get DD powers .
And what we need to determine which is Stronger BG or DD we need to know the records of wins and losses. And who was won more times in a row.
On that one it looks like the BG user Belzard The strongest male Red Dragon Emperor who defeated the White Dragon Emperor twice.
Even if Belzard defeated 2 Hakuryukous it doesn't mean that Boosted Gear is the best. Since it is implied that both Sacred Gears are equal, cases like Belzard only happen once in a while. Furthermore since SGs are given randomly to human, it could also mean that those 2 that Belzard defeated are amateurs with DD. It only comes down to the skill of the possesor itself rather than which of the 2 SGs are the better

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life