AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-12, 00:09   Link #201
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I knew it!!!!

That's why I didn't get that excited about her appearance...

Why would she look like that anyway... I'm guessing she'd look 5 times as good with Haimura animating (drawing).

This also means she could also just look 20 times as good in reality...

@Wilfriback (That's cold ... )
Old 2013-07-12, 05:57   Link #202
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Even if thats not her, I don't see how you can expect the real McCoy to have any drastic difference
Old 2013-07-12, 05:58   Link #203
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Even if thats not her, I don't see how you can expect the real McCoy to be any drastically different
I was kidding (e.g. exaggerating)

But the quality will most likely be much better.
Old 2013-07-13, 12:18   Link #204
jrdragon2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post

NT8 cover? Could that be Othinus and (possibly) Loki?
Yes it a fake. a admin on the FB page i admin on made it to ask who you think will be on NT8 cover.
i told her to make sure that she said its a fake.
sorry....

Last edited by jrdragon2006; 2013-07-13 at 12:33.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:36   Link #205
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I had a quick question. I am bringing this up because I saw it mentioned like at least in 5 different places in TV Tropes and really want to confirm if this is true.

Anyway, they say that Touma's second "death" at the end of WWIII leads to a second memory loss. Is this true? I didn't get that from what happened. It is possible that birdway might have explained to him what had been going on... but he seemed to recognize Accelerator and Shiage so easily... and he seemed to need to drink to apologize nicely...

I had never noticed this which is why I am asking. They say this at least 5 times on their web site in 5 different places so it is a kind of big deal if it is or isn't true in terms of either TV tropes being wrong or me being an idiot for missing this.

Can someone clarify this point for me? Thank you so much.

I mean they even put it in the trope book ends that volume 1 ends with memory loss and so does volume 22... (2nd "death" would make sense like that... but he seems to have retained his memory?)
Old 2013-07-14, 02:40   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Pure speculation with zero concrete evidence.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:50   Link #207
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Pure speculation with zero concrete evidence.
Thank you. Chaotic God. Should I move to edit TV Tropes for this? Cause I was slightly scared.
Old 2013-07-14, 07:18   Link #208
Ilidsor
Angelerator

As far as we know there is no evidence that Touma's second "death" was anything but symbolic.

TvTropes is great for bigger summaries but not so good with the details. People tend to assume things and just post them as fact.
Old 2013-07-14, 14:37   Link #209
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
As far as we know there is no evidence that Touma's second "death" was anything but symbolic.

TvTropes is great for bigger summaries but not so good with the details. People tend to assume things and just post them as fact.
I feel like I want to make a lot of changes to the Index page there. I might do so at some point soon. I would make it as long as it should be with factual information. (of course. This could take years of effort finding all of the tropes in Index )
Old 2013-07-14, 20:26   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I would stick to Toaru Wikia, we have one of us there running it.
Old 2013-07-14, 23:11   Link #211
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So I have a theory. Rikou became a level 5 during the last battle. She used her power again and that made her become level 5 or something. I don't know. But I think it might have happened last volume. I'm not sure though. Probably false, but would be nice plot development if true...
Old 2013-07-14, 23:33   Link #212
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So I have a theory. Rikou became a level 5 during the last battle. She used her power again and that made her become level 5 or something. I don't know. But I think it might have happened last volume. I'm not sure though. Probably false, but would be nice plot development if true...
Maybe she is already.

Lets remember:

Her rank would be 8th to that masked girl from Vol.22.

The rank would indicate the limitations Rikou's power has.
Old 2013-07-14, 23:35   Link #213
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe she is already.

Lets remember:

Her rank would be 8th to that masked girl from Vol.22.

The rank would indicate the limitations Rikou's power has.
I meant either now or beforehand. I also am curious about the girl in dress. Who the heck is she? She knows too much if you ask me.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:13   Link #214
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I meant either now or beforehand. I also am curious about the girl in dress. Who the heck is she? She knows too much if you ask me.
The girl in the dress didn't appear since vol.15. The woman who is ITEM's contact is another person.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:02   Link #215
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think the girl in the dress appears in vol 19, she even says that Touma and Acc are aberrations normal, while the Hamazura is an aberration above average. (modified some words, but did not change the result)
Old 2013-07-15, 14:51   Link #216
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The girl in the dress didn't appear since vol.15. The woman who is ITEM's contact is another person.
Girl in the dress made an appearance in vol. 19, talking to Kinuhata.
Old 2013-07-15, 23:41   Link #217
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Girl in the dress made an appearance in vol. 19, talking to Kinuhata.
Yeah, that was what I was talking about. Thanks for helping me clarify.

Acer,Ihaxlikenoob=

But I am somewhat interested in how she really knows so much. She seemed random, but when you think about. She just so happened to not be killed in volume 15 because she happened to decide not to face Accelerator with Kakine. This makes it seem like her survival will be very important later. Anyone who survived that arc kind of became important in some way after all. Even the people who died became important afterwards sometimes (you know who I'm talking about... probably).

But, how would she even be able to envision what his plans are. I understand Awaki knowing... but not the Lady in Dress. On another note, can anyone remind me if we know how Kakine knows about the Misaka Network in NT 7?

This was surprising to me actually. I mean he probably read about Accelerator... but he knew exactly how it worked. He knew the difference between his network via the sisters network and was able to discuss why his was better and more difficult for AC to control. So this makes me wonder how he knew so much. Does the entire dark side of AC know about it somewhat or just most of the level 5's. I mean we have #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6?, #7? that do know. Touma also knows. Misaki knows the #6, so the #6 might know... Rikou knows as well from when Mugino mentioned it and Hamazura has heard of it even if he doesn't remember. Frauleine is aware as well. (Then again maybe my memory with Kakine is bad... maybe it was that Rensa told him how it worked when she explained it to him and Touma.)

The three main factions all have people who are deeply aware of it. I know it is important, but it still bothers me that its purpose doesn't seem to be more clear than just giving power to Accelerator... there is obviously something else going on... I hope we find out sooner or later...

Rensa even mentions that she is an improvement of the Sisters network... She made it clear that AC is trying to replace all parts of an individual instead.... but Aleister himself prefers the Misaka network which has an important will running through it and individual units... I guess more sisters can be produced whenever as we saw with the 3rd season project... but... why doesn't he value something like Rensa more even if it costs so much?

I know I'm really just asking questions here, but I feel like Aleister is at a point where he has far surpassed any of the Kiharas in planning (though I feel like Yakumi's transformation into an AIM thought being... is getting closer to his ideas...)

I posted this one fact in the metaphysics thread... but here is some speculation of mine:

He will use Rikou to give him all level 5 powers. Use Touma to make Imaginary number district be a solidified permanent real reality by putting Imagine Breaker into that phase after Touma dies...

What I want to note is this: #1= power to destroy any creation, the absolute power of God no one else can challenge. #2= power to make any creation. #3= power to regulate macroscopic technology/ make Misaka network. #4= power to control subatomic processes/reactions. #5=power to program people the way he wants. He can use her power to make a reality with people acting the way he wants them to. #6= ???. #7= Guts??? (comedic effect... or... the ability to persevere and use willpower to crush logic something even Accelerator couldn't do...) #8= give all powers to Aleister and take away everyone else's powers.

This would be cool to see and would explain why Aleister doesn't care about any other powers really. He just arbitrarily needs to pick any powers that let him control all aspects of reality that are necessary in the first place. And of course... he always has dark legacy reserved for himself... (after he has all the necessary powers).

This idea is a little out there, but I really wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened at this point. (The real reason I expect something like this is one quote from Aleister himself: All my illusions were destroyed a long time ago). We know that it was described that he had seen the darker side of a certain denomination of Christianity. I conjecture that he wants to fix the world and get rid of all evil like a good guy...

The biggest reason I feel like this is somewhat obvious actually: AIWASS talking to Aleister and making him (it sound like he was crying or had a voice that sounded like he was crying) cry. He asked him if he was jealous of Touma, Hamazura, and Accelerator because of how heroic they are... this peaked my interest at first... but then I realized. Why would he be jealous, except if he was a good guy in some way. If Aleister wants to deny what God already did, it would make sense that he wants to make reality different from how it already is.

I want to note two things:
Spoiler for comparison to Naruto. If you are not caught up with Naruto, the latest chapter from last week, (current date today is 7/5/2013) don't you dare read this. (lol):

Spoiler for comparison to FMP!. IF you have not read the last light novel of the first series corresponding to the end of Full metal panic sigma manga, don't you dare read this. (lol):

It's like they started with the same idea... (and no one reading either of them really had any idea of that happening before it did or will).

This is speculation though not absolute fact. Of course... I just thought this was interesting and it made me suspicious.

Then again... it is hard to end any type of series like these in any other way that is sophisticated/mature...

It is funny that all three of these just so happen to be my favorite series right now? It clearly isn't a coincidence... But their themes appear so different... is it chance?...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-15 at 23:57.
Old 2013-07-23, 14:34   Link #218
zaeraal

With the Railgun S DVDs out today, we also have summary of the first part from Index SSS by js06:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan archive
Spoilers for the 1st chapter of the Necessarius SS:
The Amakusas' entrance exam is to map all three paths of the subway labyrinth within 3 hours.
This includes the placement of the traps, dangerous areas, power supply layout, etc.
If they pass, they will receive Necessarius's "free pass".
The free pass is a spell that allows them to pass through the magical locks in the churches run by Necessarius.
The exam is being monitored by Freadia Strikers.
Itsuwa and Tsushima have to fight some traps.
Noticing something odd in his transmissions with Freadia, Tatemiya realizes Freadia is communicating with fake Amakusas.
Freadia was monitoring these fake Amakusas while the real ones were sent into a different subway.
The fake Amakusas continue to fool Freadia and obtain the free pass.
Once they do, the fake Amakusas disappear.
Realizing the situation, the real Amakusas pursue the fake ones.
Still thinking the fake Amakusas who ran off are the real ones, Freadia gives an order that the Amakusas are to be killed.

And the illustration is of Freadia.
Old 2013-07-23, 14:54   Link #219
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Finally a history of the magic side.

Last edited by Acer; 2013-07-23 at 15:11.
Old 2013-07-23, 15:28   Link #220
Miraluka
Banned

Freadia = Genius
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions