AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 16:46   Link #981
Tsuchiro

That's because gg doesn't have a mbs capper
Old 2008-07-27, 16:54   Link #982
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
That's because gg doesn't have a mbs capper
Yup.

Here's a link to their site that gives some stats and info on their MF efforts. Near the bottom there's some comparison screenshots, but they don't really do it justice. You need to see those scenes in action to truly appreciate the difference of upscaling.

gg Fansubs
Old 2008-07-27, 18:17   Link #983
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Yup.

Here's a link to their site that gives some stats and info on their MF efforts. Near the bottom there's some comparison screenshots, but they don't really do it justice. You need to see those scenes in action to truly appreciate the difference of upscaling.

gg Fansubs
I didn't think the difference was very, over-the-top. There's some obvious differences, but to my eyes it wasn't anything HUGE or DRASTIC besides some more polish. But then English-speaking Earth agrees that the more polish you put on your car, the less people think about how small you are. <_<
Old 2008-07-27, 19:01   Link #984
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well I think that in Sheryl's thread, she would like you to talk about her, not about whether you watch gg, Lunar or that gg-reencode...

Anyway...

What is going to happen now that Sheryl showed herself? (and is Michael and Alto going to get some punishment for bringing Sheryl onto Quarter?)

Old 2008-07-27, 19:17   Link #985
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Lunar's translation is out... all three translations of Northern Cross has similarities but drastically different in some parts.

I loved it when she sang "I wanted to fly in your sky" as May'n tosses Alto's paper plane, and the way they lingered on Alto and Sheryl's kiss when she sang "I want to hear an answer one more time". Wow, that was splendid.
Old 2008-07-27, 19:23   Link #986
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I can't wait until Sheryl and Alto commence their first official kiss. It'd be as significant as a super nova. Yep!

- Tak (on the other hand, the Lacus x Kira lip-sucking is long overdue)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 20:37   Link #987
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I can't wait until Sheryl and Alto commence their first official kiss. It'd be as significant as a super nova. Yep!
I think Kawamori will hold out on us until the very end. Save the best for last
Old 2008-07-28, 00:38   Link #988
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I think Kawamori will hold out on us until the very end. Save the best for last
I want to see at least one episode where Sheryl and Alto just hang out after they are together. After episode 5, that would be wonderful.
Old 2008-07-28, 00:59   Link #989
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Well I think that in Sheryl's thread, she would like you to talk about her, not about whether you watch gg, Lunar or that gg-reencode...

Anyway...

What is going to happen now that Sheryl showed herself? (and is Michael and Alto going to get some punishment for bringing Sheryl onto Quarter?)

With the way Sheryl got into the bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought that she got her way inside using the same tactic

Most Kawamori animations that I watched only revealed the final pairing towards the end. And they spawned so many fanfics because of that.
Old 2008-07-28, 21:25   Link #990
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
With the way Sheryl got into the bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought that she got her way inside using the same tactic

Most Kawamori animations that I watched only revealed the final pairing towards the end. And they spawned so many fanfics because of that.
macross zero is an oddball. Anyways, Sheryl's singing is the best. I love Sheryl. I just want Sheryl to be happy.
Old 2008-07-29, 00:29   Link #991
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i'd like to see a pure relationship development ep (though it debatable if there's enough time left in the series) between Alto and Sheryl WITHOUT the annoying third wheel showing up at some point
Old 2008-07-29, 01:40   Link #992
MaiHikari

Usually, third wheels are good for relationship development. It provides a choice the character has to make. However, Alto is the annoying typical dense indecisive anime male character. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know Sheryl and Ranka are interested in him until ep 24 and makes a decision by the final ep, if he makes one at all.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:32   Link #993
magnuskn

Quote:
Usually, third wheels are good for relationship development. It provides a choice the character has to make. However, Alto is the annoying typical dense indecisive anime male character. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know Sheryl and Ranka are interested in him until ep 24 and makes a decision by the final ep, if he makes one at all.
Unless we get a second season or more eps ( both not unlikely if DVD/Blueray sales hold up to what Westlo predicts ), than he BETTER! Sheryl ganbatte!
Old 2008-07-29, 02:42   Link #994
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Unless we get a second season or more eps ( both not unlikely if DVD/Blueray sales hold up to what Westlo predicts ), than he BETTER! Sheryl ganbatte!
You better fix your Sheryl-sama cheer before Tak sees it and shows us how it's done again.

Anyways I really hope it gets another season, but I'm not too hopeful even if it has awesome sales numbers.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:44   Link #995
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Sheryl ganbatte!
Where's Tak when you need him? Oh well, I'll do this one for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Guys, GUYS! I told you, if you are going to cheer for Queen Sheryl, do it like you mean it. See, like this:

Spoiler for *Ahem*:

- Tak
Old 2008-07-29, 02:53   Link #996
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
No kidding. Such a person only exists in anime land. Guess that's what suspension of disbelief is for.

On a side note, it would be really funny if they leave the relationship aspect of it unresolved. I wonder if that will:

1. Open it up for Season 2? OR
2. Tak and Ani_D both going to bomb Kawamori's house? OR
3. Everyone is happily off writing their own fanfic for the ending?

Oh well, I am having too much fun here.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:55   Link #997
magnuskn

Geeze, my enthusiasm isnīt dependent on using big pictures.

And lets see how things develop with the sales... if Macross beats out Code Geass, Iīd be very surprised if we donīt see a second season.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:59   Link #998
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Geeze, my enthusiasm isnīt dependent on using big pictures.
LOL. But as our evil consumption based culture tells us,

SIZE DOES MATTER!

(I'm blaming this on my insomnia )
Old 2008-07-29, 13:13   Link #999
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
No kidding. Such a person only exists in anime land. Guess that's what suspension of disbelief is for.

On a side note, it would be really funny if they leave the relationship aspect of it unresolved. I wonder if that will:

1. Open it up for Season 2? OR
2. Tak and Ani_D both going to bomb Kawamori's house? OR
3. Everyone is happily off writing their own fanfic for the ending?

Oh well, I am having too much fun here.
Leave the molotov cocktail to Tak If the LT ends up unresolved from here, I'm fine with it. I'll just rewatch all the AltoxRanka centric episodes with a Brera bonus and hope for a second season lol
Old 2008-07-29, 15:29   Link #1000
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Leave the molotov cocktail to Tak If the LT ends up unresolved from here, I'm fine with it. I'll just rewatch all the AltoxRanka centric episodes with a Brera bonus and hope for a second season lol
I find your lack of devotion to resolving of the love triangle... disturbing.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters