AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: What console is best...?
Playstation 2 15 71.43%
Xbox 2 9.52%
Gamecube 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-22, 20:16   Link #1
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Games and consol poll

hi all im going down town tommorow to get a consol.

Getting either PS2, gamecube or xbox...

Games i plan to get are resident evil, final fantasy and soul calibar 2... those are all good games right? aint played any but i enjoyed them on ps 1.

What console would be best to buy for these games?
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 23:33   Link #2
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

As many as you can.
Iori Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 00:10   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori Branford
As many as you can.
Yup, and specifically, given the games you listed, a PS2 and a Gamecube if at all possible to get both. For Final Fantasy, the main series is on PS2 (X, X-2, XI, and upcoming XII), with the multi-player oriented Crystal Chronicles on the GCN. For Resident Evil, you'll find Resident Evil 0, a remake of Resident Evil 1 and the upcoming Resident Evil 4 only on Gamecube (as well as ports of 2, 3, and Code Veronica); only Veronica and an online-oriented Outbreak are on PS2. For Soul Calibur 2, it's on both systems, so it's basically a draw.

If your only real prior exposure to console gaming is a PS1, you'll probably be comfortable with a PS2, but if you have any attachment to Nintendo at all and if you are really hoping for the latest Resident Evil, then the Gamecube is also a great choice. So, really, if at all possible get both... if not, look at the other games on the system, and make a choice. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Incidentally, just to complicate matters a bit, the XBOX is a great console also, especially if you are into online gaming or are interested in more "western"-style games (FPS, Stealth, Sports, Action, etc.) But, it does tend to fall a little short in the Japanese gaming support, and thus doesn't really match the games you listed.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 01:23   Link #4
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
as a Nintendo fan I would recomend you, of course the gamecube, I hate the other two consoles but thats only because the have beaten Nintendo and that pisses me off, every time I can I sabotage the other two

My opinion is biased but this is what i think:

Play Station II:

Pros:

- Huge library of games due to his enormous success ( wich I hate), of course with a big amount of games available the amount of crappy games increases.

- DVD

Cons:

- Only two controler ports.

- Not great games.

XBOX ( A.K.A. Crash-BOX )

Pros:

-None I can think of, it sux big time.

Cons:

Everything.

If you haven't noticed it I plainly hate that bastard console, but putting my feelings aside...

Pros:

- The most powerful of the three in terms of graphics ( I hate that too)

- Great support for online gaming

- DVD

- HD

That thing is a super-computer itself, it would be a great business to buy the damn console and then disassemble it and sell the parts separatly, you could win money!

Cons:

- Of course it has a DVD, but you have to buy the control for it, ( Evil Microsoft and his ways of milking money)

-Honestly it doesn't have great games

-horrible controlers

-the thing is just horrible to look at, it seems like a fat VCR

GAMECUBE ( A.K.A. heaven's gift for the gaming comunity )

Pros:

Is the best period! sorry...

- Great amazing games, (mario, zelda, metroid, and the exclusive RE4, not to metion that the version of soul calibur for the GC has Link as a secret character)

- four controler's ports.

- The cheaper of the three.

- did I mention great games? thats all that matters after all...

Cons:

- no DVD ( do you really need it?)

- zero online support ( there are online games though, like phantasy star online, but the support from Nintendo is non-existant)

- Some stupid people with no personality are embarrased to buy a console which looks like a teletubie's purse, but you can get the marvelous silver model, or the black ( I got the last one)

BUY GAMECUBE!

Sorry again, is just that im a little frustrated 'cause Nintendo is falling behind the monsters of Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo has the best games IMO and deserve more success, but people still think that is a kiddy console. For the games you mentioned you should follow relentlessflame's advice. Enjoy your purchase!

I hope i didn't offend any XBOX, Playstation lovers, if you like it is perfectly fine, I don't want to start a stupid flame war.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 02:16   Link #5
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
get a ps2, all the good games come out for ps2.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:00   Link #6
Tommy
Mr. Prince

You can't go wrong with any of the systems. They all have great games and so many awesome ones coming in the future.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:28   Link #7
Sethi
StormRider

Well since i have all 3 consoles i can say to you that my favorite is PS2, many of it's exclusive games are a must have, especially the final fantasy series(I still play the ones released for the PS1). Also since you want to play Final fantasy then your best option will really be PS2 since it's pretty much an exclusive(As far as i know) if you don't count Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the GameCube which is more of a Online RPG in real time.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:36   Link #8
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Get the PS2, huge, huge liberary of games, lots the companies tend to make PS2 exculsive games, and the controller setup is bomb. As for the GC, at the moment its really dying, so if you do buy it, you won't be be backed up with a lot of new titles. As for the XBOX, bleh, if you really loved Shenmue, Halo and Ninja Gaiden, then get it, if not, hold out on it, XBOX can wait. About 60-70% of their liberary is on the PS2 anyway.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:35   Link #9
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
as a Nintendo fan...

...BUY GAMECUBE!
I couldn't have said it any better. Ok, so you can't play the final fantasy series (besides FF:CC) but GC is worth it if you're planning on playing Resident Evil and Soul Calibur II (IMO SCII is the best on the GC).
The gamecube is a more party console (play with friends).
PS2 is somewhat more single player orientated (not counting the online play).
X-Box is just a computer.

And to quote (yet again) a great man(I think): "BUY GAMECUBE!"
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:40   Link #10
Kaka
罪人クロノ

PS2 all the way ^^
majority of the good games are on ps2 too
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 09:15   Link #11
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
well i eventualy decided on a ps2 today ...robotech was decider
thx for your views as well... kinda surprised no one said xbox but i felt same for that as well.

i realy cant wait to play resident evil, final fantasy, robotech, soul calibar 2 and more.

Anyway thx again for replying and giving your options for the best console to buy.
Have a nice day and summer.
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 15:01   Link #12
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Well, I personally enjoy both PS2 games and Xbox games the most, but I hate the PS2 a lot. It's just techincally so outdated that both the GC and the Xbox blow it out of the water, but since it has so many fanboys, many good games end up on the PS2 instead of my belowed Xbox and I have to settle for the sub-par graphics.

BTW, who the hell cares what the console or the controllers look like anyway? Does it really matter? Do you constanly look at your console when you play?
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 15:23   Link #13
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
Well, I personally enjoy both PS2 games and Xbox games the most, but I hate the PS2 a lot. It's just techincally so outdated that both the GC and the Xbox blow it out of the water, but since it has so many fanboys, many good games end up on the PS2 instead of my belowed Xbox and I have to settle for the sub-par graphics.

BTW, who the hell cares what the console or the controllers look like anyway? Does it really matter? Do you constanly look at your console when you play?
Do I care what the console LOOKS like? No. I could care less.

Do I care if it takes up a bunch of space? Yeah. I can't stack things on it, then. Currently, I have enough space to stack my import and my regular PS2s underneath my GC and still easily manipulate them all. I borrowed an XBox for a week, and I have trouble moving crap around. No fun.

Do I care what a controller LOOKS like? No. Once again, I could care less.

But I care a lot about how it feels, and how it fits in my hand. I HATED the N64 and the DC controllers. Especially the way the DC made you essentially lose an extra 4 inches of cable. Seriously...what were they thinking? So when the XBox also went with the huge-ass controllers, I didn't like them.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote