AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 33 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-07, 21:08   Link #101
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Haven't watched the new episode yet. However when it comes to the three new Gundams I keep hoping that they will just be canonfodder to be destroyed by the Union, HRL, and AEU.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:17   Link #102
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Just Watched episode 13, But I hope That Setsuna will Face Off & settle the score against Ali again in the future episodes.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-01-08 at 04:08.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:21   Link #103
Stretch5920

I thought it was a bit gay how Exia only had a few scratches after taking a direct hit from 4 mechs at such a close range. I would have preferred it if he lost an arm or atleast some random bits and pieces all over.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:26   Link #104
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Exia probably has GN hax on so that's short of impossible.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:43   Link #105
Stretch5920

why do Japanese love h4x so much? It ruins it in my opinion.
Old 2008-01-07, 21:52   Link #106
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
cause it probably ruin the image of gundam being the most advance armor suit in the world, if they cant take a hit from grunts. beside exia kinda like close range gundam im sure his armor could handle few hits up close
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 00:14   Link #107
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I thought it was a bit gay how Exia only had a few scratches after taking a direct hit from 4 mechs at such a close range. I would have preferred it if he lost an arm or atleast some random bits and pieces all over.
Take the AK-47 and aim at the Tiger, tell me how long do you need to take down the Tiger?

Exia without weapon => GN Drive concentrates to armor. (Or so I think, since Dynames can do that, I guess Exia can, too). Furthermore, those Anfs are almost worthless compare to the current MS.
Old 2008-01-08, 00:42   Link #108
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam100 View Post
I want to see more Setsuna and Marina! Marina is weak right now but as the series goes on I know she will rely on herself more after the little talk she had with Setsuna.
I totally agree, I'm not going to lie... I'm only watching the series for Setsuna and Marina since they are both my fav characters. This is the first Gundam series I watched from ep 1 and I'm excited every week for a new ep, weird huh?

I hope to see more meetings between Setsuna and Marina. This is what happens when you read so much Shoujos (weekly Naruto as well). My thirst for romance is 2 high, I think I need ritalin. :x
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:07   Link #109
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Take the AK-47 and aim at the Tiger, tell me how long do you need to take down the Tiger?

Exia without weapon => GN Drive concentrates to armor. (Or so I think, since Dynames can do that, I guess Exia can, too). Furthermore, those Anfs are almost worthless compare to the current MS.
I'm not talking about the soldiers shooting machine guns, I'm talking about 4 explosive blasts from 4 mechs right in his face. Doesn't matter if the mechs are out dated, the ammo shot was still explosive. This the only Gundam series I've watched from the start, only other one I have seen is bits and pieces of Wing. So if Gundams being virtually indestructible is the norm, that explains it I guess.

I'm just saying I would have preffered it if Exia sustained more damage since he had no shield equipped and the particles did not seem to be in effect, otherwise everyone's communications and the tv broadcasts would not have been working. Also I feel it would have shown Setsuna's resolve better if it showed he was fine with letting Exia be damaged to stop the cival war. Every other ep he gets mad when someone else touches it.
Old 2008-01-08, 01:23   Link #110
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I'm not talking about the soldiers shooting machine guns, I'm talking about 4 explosive blasts from 4 mechs right in his face. Doesn't matter if the mechs are out dated, the ammo shot was still explosive. This the only Gundam series I've watched from the start, only other one I have seen is bits and pieces of Wing. So if Gundams being virtually indestructible is the norm, that explains it I guess.

I'm just saying I would have preffered it if Exia sustained more damage since he had no shield equipped and the particles did not seem to be in effect, otherwise everyone's communications and the tv broadcasts would not have been working. Also I feel it would have shown Setsuna's resolve better if it showed he was fine with letting Exia be damaged to stop the cival war. Every other ep he gets mad when someone else touches it.
As VCV believes, and so do I, since the Exia didn't have any weapons to power, and since it doesn't need to jam communications (which would totally defeat the purpose of them luring the media in) then Exia can divert its energy to defense. Like shown in episode 12, a Gundam can divert GN particles through different systems, and they can intentionally set whether to scramble communications or not. An active Gundam doesn't necessarily mean automatic comm blackout, as episodes 2, 5 and 10 suggest.

As for Gundam invincibility being the norm, it actually is. Exia's feat here is nothing compared to the first RX-78 Gundam, which tanked multiple shots from a 120mm Zaku machinegun.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 02:14   Link #111
zeth06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As VCV believes, and so do I, since the Exia didn't have any weapons to power, and since it doesn't need to jam communications (which would totally defeat the purpose of them luring the media in) then Exia can divert its energy to defense. Like shown in episode 12, a Gundam can divert GN particles through different systems, and they can intentionally set whether to scramble communications or not. An active Gundam doesn't necessarily mean automatic comm blackout, as episodes 2, 5 and 10 suggest.

As for Gundam invincibility being the norm, it actually is. Exia's feat here is nothing compared to the first RX-78 Gundam, which tanked multiple shots from a 120mm Zaku machinegun.
I totally get your point, and I like your explanation. Indeed in pretty much every Gundam series, the Gundam either starts out being pretty darn strong or ends up either way becoming invincible. But I think what many others are a bit peeved about is why the director doesn't go through the trouble to make it so that it's obvious that Exia can take those cannons easily, even tho they're hitting his arms. I'm assuming that the structure of his arms is no stronger than the structure on, let's say, his body. I'm sure Setsuna made Exia use its arms to guard the cockpit where the conservative spokesman was with Setsuna. But a lot of times, we viewers are forced to use our deductive abilities to think "MAYBE he did this, or he COULD'VE used this...WHO KNOWS?"

Nontheless, this is my first post here, and I have to say that I liked this episode a lot. For a 20 minute episode, the director still did a good job in integrating fight scenes with the theme of hope/peace, and of course in the end, a touching meeting between Setsuna and Marina...and ofc, the cool guy's exit (which I'm sure many of us gentleman will agree it's something we've done many times both on purpose and by accident with the ladies the ladies and we relate with Setsuna on that one...or am I the only one?)

8/10 here. Liked it. It was a refreshing break from all those other eps where the pilots came out feeling like crap and showing evidence of bad pasts.
zeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:10   Link #112
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why do people even bother hiring security personel?

First you have the gundams using the damns space elevators as they please, and now anyone can walk up to Marina - without an appointment or prior acquaintance - and pull a gun on her? WTH?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 04:15   Link #113
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
I totally agree, I'm not going to lie... I'm only watching the series for Setsuna and Marina since they are both my fav characters. This is the first Gundam series I watched from ep 1 and I'm excited every week for a new ep, weird huh?

I hope to see more meetings between Setsuna and Marina. This is what happens when you read so much Shoujos (weekly Naruto as well). My thirst for romance is 2 high, I think I need ritalin. :x
haha i am also waiting to see if there relationship will develope
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 05:23   Link #114
zeth06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
haha i am also waiting to see if there relationship will develope
Hmmm, doubt it. She looks taller and a lot older than he. If they were of a much closer age, then sure.

Quite frankly, I'm not a big fan of animes where some 25 year old chick goes after a 14 year old, if there any (God forbid )
zeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 05:51   Link #115
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i thought thye were both very young and around the same age, i never got there age
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 07:15   Link #116
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i thought thye were both very young and around the same age, i never got there age
Nope, Setsuna is 16 and Marina is 24. I don't see anything wrong with that.... (in anime world). I see lots of high school themed animes that has a huge fanbase for the student to get with the teacher, even if the student is in 9th grade. So I don't see why that logic can't be used here? =/ There seems to be a Lockon x Felt fanbase growing and Felt is 14 years old! -_-"

I'm wondering if Marina was 16 and Setsuna was 24, would people not be as troubled about this? I seriously don't see a diff if the roles were reversed. All in all.. I'm hoping they don't kill Marina off, I've went to so many different websites where it was said she is the female lead (it looks like Lou's mom is the female lead to me lol). >_>"
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 08:05   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I wonder how many people heard Marina say Setsuna F. Sei like 10 times. I wanted to tell her to shut the hell up did she have to use the full name. If anyone caught wind of it they could think she is in league or knows a Gundam Meister personally which she kind of does i guess
Old 2008-01-08, 08:06   Link #118
Stretch5920

I don't see a problem with the age difference. I don't think it will full on romance between them anyway, it will be more like a special bond.
Old 2008-01-08, 10:40   Link #119
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why do people even bother hiring security personel?

First you have the gundams using the damns space elevators as they please, and now anyone can walk up to Marina - without an appointment or prior acquaintance - and pull a gun on her? WTH?
You wouldn't expect ludricrity of that degree to appear in this kind of a show...Right?

While I don't have complete and concrete evidence, it would seem that if the door was so readily opened, the woman was probably one whom the security personnel was familiar with, or were used to having her coming into Marina's room. In that case, the woman would most probably be one of the maids in the palace, and when people get a little too excited due to the chaos outside, they tend to do crazy things.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:06   Link #120
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
ok you got the maid excuse cover, what was the excuse for a gundam in an elevator?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote