Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 23:32   Link #441
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
It was deleted twice by the mods

But I guess this is OK now: 5->6->1->2->3->4

Anyway, this arc felt somewhat compressed story-wise, but making fun of sci-fi and shounen fans was very enjoyable, I just wish they devouted one more episode in order to focus more on each group... they got away quite easily compared to fujoshi
It's okay to post ordering for the episodes already aired if somebody asks it I guess. But it's not okay to post ordering for unaired stuff. And if your order involved unaired stuff, please don't post it. If you really want to help the viewer out and answer their question, just pm them.

And yeah, this arc felt comparatively rushed / too compressed alright.
Old 2012-08-07, 00:42   Link #442
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby

Well, I guess there aren't too many fans of sci-fi stories on the other side
At least they've stopped falling.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 02:17   Link #443
Silverwyrm

[QUOTE=Aegir;4292338]This arc is set before the chicken arc in the novel.[/QUIOTE]

I see. good news then
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 03:13   Link #444
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Well, I guess there aren't too many fans of sci-fi stories on the other side
At least they've stopped falling.
Maybe it was because she cut off her hair.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 03:15   Link #445
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
It's okay to post ordering for the episodes already aired if somebody asks it I guess. But it's not okay to post ordering for unaired stuff.
Sorry, but I really don't understand this logic. If I weren't "spoiled" the ordering, I'd probably have a less favorable opinion of the series, because the pacing would have had less sense if I weren't in the know.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:12   Link #446
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Sorry, but I really don't understand this logic. If I weren't "spoiled" the ordering, I'd probably have a less favorable opinion of the series, because the pacing would have had less sense if I weren't in the know.
Not everyone shares your opinion though. I too was spoiled against my will about the ordering and have resented it greatly because it stole the fun of discovering the truth on my own from me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:31   Link #447
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Just watched this show and was somewhat dissappointed with this episode. It was random but a bit too random to follow what was going on.

Good guess on the person who guessed the full name of Pioneer and Voyage a few pages back.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:38   Link #448
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Well, speaking of 1-2 & 5-6 - it was quite obvious, because it was said in the beginning of the 1st episode that she failed Human Monument Project, and in 5th it was only created.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:03   Link #449
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not everyone shares your opinion though. I too was spoiled against my will about the ordering and have resented it greatly because it stole the fun of discovering the truth on my own from me.
But it's not like the episode order is a story feature, it's more like a marketing mechanism. Honestly, you've lost nothing of value.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:16   Link #450
LKK

Quote:
But it's not like the episode order is a story feature, it's more like a marketing mechanism. Honestly, you've lost nothing of value.
After episodes 3 or 4, someone posted here that the episodes were being shown in non-chronological order and linked the episode numbers to their proper chapter chronology as proof of the claim. At the time, the idea that the episodes weren't in chronological order had never occurred to me and based on their posts to some others as well. I felt robbed of the delicious confusion that was just beginning to grow inside me. So, yes, I lost something of value to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:06   Link #451
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Quote:
But a lot do... I agree with cyth, being deprived of the common knowledge the anime staff assumes known to the audience degrades its viewing experience. But it's the right of every viewer to not watch what was intended

Quote:
Quote:
After episodes 3 or 4, someone posted here that the episodes were being shown in non-chronological order and linked the episode numbers to their proper chapter chronology as proof of the claim. At the time, the idea that the episodes weren't in chronological order had never occurred to me and based on their posts to some others as well. I felt robbed of the delicious confusion that was just beginning to grow inside me. So, yes, I lost something of value to me.
We went through this already, several posters got confused by being deprived of information available in the website. And in any case, mods agree with you, so discussing it any further is pointless. If one wants to enjoy the anime she can always check the website for the necessary background.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:48   Link #452
Shadow5YA

That was a pretty creative take on the Pioneer anomaly, making them self-aware and humanoid-shaped.

However, I feel that the direction was a bit lacking. We went from seeing a cat microwaved to trying to sympathize with space probes within a few minutes. There really should have been more time devoted to Pion and Oyag as characters, as well as "I" to show the growing sympathy for them.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 01:53   Link #453
chaos_animagic

I KNEW IT!

Computers DO have feeling.

Now all those "computeroids" make sense... >_<

Where's my personal comp at? I want one too.... (with cats ears and everything included ;D )
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:05   Link #454
klare

this eps is fun too, giant cat vs dunno what is that^^

but the first 4 eps were still better
Old 2012-08-10, 11:18   Link #455
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Finally caught up on this series as well - up to ep 6, that is.

And all I hafta say is: excellent. Curiously one of things that seemed most "fitting" in eps 5 and 6 for me was the exceedingly square/angular drawings for the shades of light - whether outside or via flashlight or whatever. It somehow felt deliberate, as if trying to emphasize a "something", but admittedly I could not figure it out.

The "epic" battle between the Nautilus and the Cat (both formed by mini slimes and a controlling intellect) was surreal, funny and a little unnerving all at the same time. Pretty typical of a quality transferred by the entire series for me thus far.

The ED just seems more and more appropriate with each ep....
Old 2012-08-12, 01:35   Link #456
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the main characters and their seiyuus, and info about the seiyuus.

The most interesting names for me are the voices of the fairies. Some excellent people there: Kobayashi Yumiko (Punipuni Poemi), Aoki Sayaka (Kyon's Imouto), Akesaka Satomi (Arsene in Milky Holmes), Sasaki Nozomi (a unique voice, Nanami in Bokura ga Ita), Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl), Kozakura Etsuko (Yoriko in You're Under Arrest, Tamama in Keroro Gunsou).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:03   Link #457
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You forgot Joshu-kun...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:57   Link #458
Midonin
Last Engage

End of the World Party 07 - [Copy]

I've learned from previous arcs to focus on the side characters, but there are no side characters this time. It appears to be the story of how Mai met the assistant... or would be, if she hadn't kept getting sidetracked. They do have mirrors at the end of the world (if Mai's aware of her hair once the chicken incident happens), yet she was extremely calm about being surrounded by an army of herself. Barely even acknowledged it as herself except for once. Maybe all the other Mais are the same, and think it's not necessary. Whatever was up with the dogs is still completely unexplained, but one thing was made clear. The Fairies respected Mai's wish to not clone her. But that says nothing about a loophole done through tricky time loops. Couple that with their tendency to speak in TV speech, and I really have to wonder what the deal with these fairies is. They may keep the narrative laws of the world running, but filtered through a cruel screenwriter.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 12:06   Link #459
Blaat

The only highlight of the episode was that we found out a bit more about assistant-kun. I'm guessing this episode would have worked better if you watched the second part immediately after finishing this one.

Also I wouldn't mind being sick 24/7 if my doctor looked like that.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:32   Link #460
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Better than the last two episode, was kinda fun to guess what was causing the loop/clone effect.
I suspected the MC was picking up her assistant since he wasn't seen in the first half until the doctor said he couldn't speak.

Kind of glad they finished this in an episode, thought they was going to overdo the looping into another episode.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen