AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 09:55   Link #181
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh god a death game anime.....my least favourite genre, this is gonna turn real dark
Old 2013-07-05, 10:05   Link #182
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

So as some have said, it has gone a bit fast but I think that's to be expected of a 13 episode adaption. I believe they covered every important bit so far though.
My only complaint is that in the game there was a period of time in which the 15 students had felt completely safe within the school and thus creating the illusion that everything would be completely alright.
And then the DVD's happened and pretty much destroyed that perception. But still, time issues and I understand em.

Can't wait to see how the dish out the next episode.
Old 2013-07-05, 10:34   Link #183
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

TIPS:

1. Store all the food and drinks in the safe place, have it gaurd by at least persons

2. DEstroy Everything , including the security cameras. Utilize the Kitchen equipment and other materials. even a pen or bed sheet can be useful. Be Resourceful

then everyone survives, the END, lol
Old 2013-07-05, 10:42   Link #184
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I loved the first episode. Given that it's a 13 ep series, I don't think they could have done any better than this. It looks as if they're going to go at a fast pace. I'd have liked to see more of the scenes this ep where they were exploring the school, but it looks as if there just wasn't time for anything like that.

Have to feel sorry for the poor bastard who gets shot into space at the start. Presumably they're going to use that art style a bit more. I wasn't expecting it, but it's a good choice. And the art style for the rest of the scenes is also very nice. Okay, it isn't the most fluid style out there, but it works well with the content.

It's odd having a character who talks as much as Monobear does but who never moves his mouth. Adds to the creepy effect.

I don't know what the official Funimation subs will use, but from what I've heard some fansubs are going in part (but only in part) with the controversial translation of the characters' special abilities that originated from one of the teams working on translation patches for the game.

Spoiler for Cut for quick comparison of translators' choices (with no spoilers):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Also a request. I want to look for fan arts of the characters, especially Sayaka Maizono, but I fear the usual image sites will contain pictures of possible crucial plot moments/injokes about her in future developments.
For those who has a collection or are immune to spoilers, can I ask you guys to link some nice pictures here? Thank you
I'll take a look over the course of the week and see what I can do. Can't promise I'll get results. I had a quick look earlier, but alas, the first place I checked and found nice art at had preview images of spoilers visible on the same page, so I couldn't link it. I absolutely recommend that nobody who doesn't want to be utterly spoiled for the game searches for fan art of it.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:49   Link #185
ellifeedn
Thinker

This show is licensed?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:51   Link #186
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... I've got a feeling Sayaka is gonna be a yandere, or at least gonna go crazy soon. I mean, all the others were visibly disturbed by their own videos, but she's the only one who went hysterical. Might she be the first murderer?

Oh yeah, definitely <3 white hair girl the most right now. Dunno why, but long hair but braided only one side is definitely over the top on the cuteness scale for me. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:54   Link #187
novalysis

No, the MC forms a harem with the White haired girl and Sayaka, and a School Days ending happens. Because there are only an odd number of students, one student would be trapped for ever. And become the new bear, methinks. That's how I think it's going to end.

Unless of course, shared murders does count as taking a live, for all involved. In which case, actually, a 14 man gang murder of the least popular person would have been the fastest way out.

Note: This is wild and baseless speculation.

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-07-06 at 12:08.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:56   Link #188
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
This show is licensed?
Funimation is going to stream it, so yes. But they only have the North American rights. This is where I heard it from: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ronpa-tv-anime

I really, really hope that Dangan Ronpa's anime will come out on subbed DVDs eventually. (Please, Funimation, please!)
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:02   Link #189
Gibber

Wow when the ending came up, I was surprised to hear Soraru sing. Glad that utaites are coming out more, I guess.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:32   Link #190
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is it on the Vita? And in English?
There is Vita port incoming. Not sure if there will be new material.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:29   Link #191
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
TIPS:

1. Store all the food and drinks in the safe place, have it gaurd by at least persons

2. DEstroy Everything , including the security cameras. Utilize the Kitchen equipment and other materials. even a pen or bed sheet can be useful. Be Resourceful

then everyone survives, the END, lol
The rules don't allow you to destroy security cameras, breaking them means you get punished.
And from how his "warning" was a frigging exploding bear, I don't think you would want to break any rules.
Also food and drinks are in the cafeteria, shit load of them and cafeteria locked at nighttime, there is no need to guard it.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 13:14   Link #192
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I'm kinda confused about who the detective is...
Is it the silver haired girl or is it the main character and he is just the watson?

because you know there is this rule about the detective and comitting the crime...

As for my guesses on possible culprits:

Celestia
Definitely, she even has a weapon on her fingers...
her rule was good, but probably just to make her look less suspicious. I'm pretty sure that bear planetd at least one person in there who'd be willing to commit murder in this situation even when not asked to.

My guts say - definitely ookami

Sayaka
a good actress in my opinion; I second that she'll probably turn into a yandere at some point. if she is really an actress as good as i think she is she will probably be the final antagonist.

Imho she'll be a culprit.

Byakuya
Come on wanting to walk off alone in this kind of situation with 15 people, which you can in theory split in 5 groups a 3 persons, and thus having a high chance of making it a 2 sheep 1 wolf situation, thus saving your life?
Idiot...
On the other hand a good way to pretend to be dead and kill someone else mister - nice thinking for a third rate criminal that is...

- imho ookami

Kyoko
I kinda think she is supposed to be the detective so I doubt she will kill anyone...
Really depends on who the detective is though. She definitelay behaves like one though and the ??? is suspicious in that regard too.
Also the bear told us he had set up a perfect setting for a mystery novel.
Immediately afterwards he said he forgot about one thing, namely the motive meaning a detective is already in there.
Still it is questionable if she is 'a' detective or 'the' detective due to her not being 'the' main character.

A sheep in my books.

Kiyotaka
Perfectionist eh?
perfect setting for an attempt on a perfect crime I'd say;

So yeah if there is ever a perfect crime somewhere its most likely him.

Sakura
Too obvious to be a culprit, probably reoccuring suspect, but unlikely to be the culprit. Also probably the type who can't harm a fly.

Juko
Only if she doesn't break her nails...

Chihiro
Cameras + Programmer yeah... No comment on it she is either a witness to every crime or a possible culprit as she'd know

Hifumi
If he survives long enough a a possible culprit, I'd say he is one of the first to die though

Leon
Undecided

Aoi
Probably not, not completely impossible though

Touko
Probably read enough mystery novels to be a pain in one way or another; Either as a wanna be detective or a culprit. I'm sure she'll be a pain in one way or another.

Mondo
My magic 8 ball says not a culprit

Yasuhiro
No idea

Main Char
Are you the detective or his assistant?
If hes not the detective or at least the assistant it will be a real pain to filter out what material we can take for granted and what we have to lay aside as possible lies...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:48   Link #193
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I... enjoyed the first episode, I guess? I was surprised how identical it was to the game. This is not a bad thing. But everything went so fast which made me wonder "can people even keep up with what is going on?", I'm hoping it eventually slows down.

I'm not one of those guys who is like "Bluh this is identical to the game so it sucks". I don't even get that. The same people always complain when it's different.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:58   Link #194
Witch of Uncertainty

The art reminds me of Digimon.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:06   Link #195
HandofFate

Who do think is going to be the first to get off'd?

Putting it on Bookgirl or The Bikerguy

Seeing the Biker as a possible early one, just so they can force some accusations on the MC since the Biker punched him earlier.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:23   Link #196
Nikkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Also a request. I want to look for fan arts of the characters, especially Sayaka Maizono, but I fear the usual image sites will contain pictures of possible crucial plot moments/injokes about her in future developments.
For those who has a collection or are immune to spoilers, can I ask you guys to link some nice pictures here? Thank you
Spoiler for size:

Spoiler for Sayaka/Leon:

Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:45   Link #197
marvelB

As far as the pacing goes.... well, it might be a little on the fast side, but it still got the essentials out of the way. Pretty much all we need to know is that a bunch of wacky kids with super high-school abilities are trapped in a school with a psychotic robot teddy bear (who has an obsession with despair) as their headmaster!

I also find the comments on the character designs interesting. Yeah, I agree that some of them are pretty crazy (though that's precisely one of the things that drew me to the series in the first place). Personally, my favorite characters are Naegi, Mondo (biker), Yamada (otaku), and Fukawa (bookworm), though I feel most of the cast are really cool in their own way. The sequel's cast is actually crazier, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we eventually reach it......

Anyways, I'm pretty much satisfied with the first episode, though as I previously said the only (really minor) gripe I have is the lack of this track from the game's OST (put the link through polsy so nobody risks coming across spoiler-filled related vids ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:26   Link #198
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It seems Monobear is voiced by Doraemon, I knew something about her voice was up.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:31   Link #199
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
On another note, the UTW subs makes me cringe and it also makes me feel bad since it gives people who haven't read the LP a wrong impression.
Someone on their website said they went with the recently released PSP translation titles and names since they thought it was legit but if they only know that it's common knowledge the English patch is garbage and pretty much a mockery to the game. Just a comparison like Super High School Level Doujin Author to Super Duper High School Fanzine Maker really puts my it off my mood to watch it.

So please, if anyone is interested in playing the game, read the LP like the rest of us and avoid the awful joke that is the patch.
Please... Please don't do this. This sort of elitism is just horrible.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:50   Link #200
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
So please, if anyone is interested in playing the game, read the LP like the rest of us and avoid the awful joke that is the patch.
Um, the translation in the patch is perfectly fine, it's just that some of the terms are weird. No big deal.
Why would you ever recommend that somebody watch someone else play a game rather than playing it themselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm not one of those guys who is like "Bluh this is identical to the game so it sucks". I don't even get that. The same people always complain when it's different.
I said this elsewhere, but there's a balance between being faithful and being creative. This is more or less an exact copy of the game, but in a higher resolution, down the near-tracing of the game's CGs and character sprites.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote