AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-05, 18:52   Link #3541
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Well, I know a lot about the novels right now, and you guys are AMAZING. I will not ask where do you get summaries from cause... yah know... Viz. And don't let me change the subject. Again. Oh, and page I think... around 74 is filled with... jokes. You shall see... Actually, those novels would be quite nice in English, right? But since Viz licensed them, there is actually no damned way.

Oh yeah, actually when you guys said about Anime Originals being used before reminded me something *creeps up to J.C. Staff like a Creeper from Minecraft* That's nice little Anime Original you have there.... Ssssss.... *Boom*.
Yup, I honestly don't like Anime Original endings/storylines. AND. I changed the subject again, didn't I?! Seriously, I have to stop my habit... of doing that...

(If you don't know what Minecraft/Creeper is, then just type it in Google/Youtube.)

Oh, and I think I saw a novel 16 translation in this thread in around of pages 70-80.
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:12   Link #3542
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaskodiona View Post
Well, I know a lot about the novels right now, and you guys are AMAZING. I will not ask where do you get summaries from cause... yah know... Viz. And don't let me change the subject. Again. Oh, and page I think... around 74 is filled with... jokes. You shall see... Actually, those novels would be quite nice in English, right? But since Viz licensed them, there is actually no damned way.

Oh yeah, actually when you guys said about Anime Originals being used before reminded me something *creeps up to J.C. Staff like a Creeper from Minecraft* That's nice little Anime Original you have there.... Ssssss.... *Boom*.
Yup, I honestly don't like Anime Original endings/storylines. AND. I changed the subject again, didn't I?! Seriously, I have to stop my habit... of doing that...

(If you don't know what Minecraft/Creeper is, then just type it in Google/Youtube.)

Oh, and I think I saw a novel 16 translation in this thread in around of pages 70-80.
Actually Anime Originals sometimes are a complete fail (ZnT: Princess no Rondo) but sometimes are really emotional and gets on you more than the novel one, a simple and common example, Toradora!, one of my top ten anime finales that will always be one of the most filled with emotions endings. I trust pretty much that J.C.Staff won't screw up with Shana right now, the simple reason that is their little gold mine, I think in some crazy way that they tryed out with other animes as Zero no Tsukaima the use of the fan service to do not screw up their principal anime, aka Shakugan no Shana. Now that they know how devastating can a Original Anime plot, I GUESS that they aren't enough stupid to fail in the same two times.....
Old 2011-03-05, 22:50   Link #3543
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I believe you are referring to the Chapter 16 summary posted by digger314 that also includes a full translation of the bridge battle in chapter 3 where Shana, Margery, and Wilhemina meeting with the newly formed duo SotF + Yuji on page 87.

http://sites.google.com/site/asdigge...ter-16-summary

@SkyFlames: I see you are quite a J.C. Staff addict but you do know they just love to add their Anime Originals sadly... I'm not quite sure J.C. Staff has learned the valuable lesson that I would have wished they learned long ago while season 2 was still airing. But after watching the latest animes they released, I'm having bad insights of how season 3 will go. But Shakugan no Shana S' final preview in episode 4 gave me "some" hope they will keep a majority of the novel's plot intact.

Edit: I personally can't say anything against J.C. Staff as of now since they have released season 2 of To Aru Majutsu
Old 2011-03-05, 22:55   Link #3544
larethian

JC Staff >>> Zexcs
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:56   Link #3545
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
JC Staff >>> Zexcs
Zexcs made me cry with Fortune Arterial's adaptation (middle of the anime was enjoyable though) so I can agree with this But then again Feel was also part of that adaptation...
Old 2011-03-05, 23:02   Link #3546
larethian

don't forget CSR and LOLH. well if you've never read the novels you might not know.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 23:07   Link #3547
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
don't forget CSR and LOLH. well if you've never read the novels you might not know.
Well I haven't read the novels of either of those so I won't know but it does seem we are getting into a studio discussion rather then novels
Old 2011-03-05, 23:23   Link #3548
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
@SkyFlames: I see you are quite a J.C. Staff addict but you do know they just love to add their Anime Originals sadly... I'm not quite sure J.C. Staff has learned the valuable lesson that I would have wished they learned long ago while season 2 was still airing. But after watching the latest animes they released, I'm having bad insights of how season 3 will go. But Shakugan no Shana S' final preview in episode 4 gave me "some" hope they will keep a majority of the novel's plot intact.

Edit: I personally can't say anything against J.C. Staff as of now since they have released season 2 of To Aru Majutsu
It's more like this:

SkyFlames: *looks at ZnT* *sigh* well they can't SCREW EVERYTHING as they SCREWED ALMOST EVERYTHING, right?!

It's a bit how I feel about them It's like being on negation about Original Anime plot.
Old 2011-03-05, 23:45   Link #3549
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well since J.C. Staff has already dealt a big blow on other Flame Haze's developments in season 2 (where we could have learned more info about them, but season 2 was all about Yuji) so I can assume they are going to cut out anything related to Flame Haze activity and Bal Masque activity and just leave it to gossip or news to tell us quickly. Mostly revolving around Shana, then to Snake's first arrival, then to Yuji, then to Shana, then to Shana again, then to Snake's true form, then so on, so forth.

When they get to the point of introducing other Flame Hazes for the big battles ahead, they will merely just tell their names and we get to see what they do while the battle goes about. No info about their history or anything else sadly, or that's from my predictions.
Old 2011-03-06, 00:27   Link #3550
liquidblueocean

I think it's fun with all the postulated outcomes for the final volume. I smile at the idea of the author reading this forum for ideas to use (or avoid), especially if the author didn't have one!

So, I'll add my own whacky idea that would definitely be a surprise:

Pheles is a Crimson Lord. She gave a Hogou to Yoshida that will 'summon' Pheles and, in doing so as a human, Yoshida will 'lose her life'. She was to use it if she wanted to 'walk' with Yuji and Shana. What if:
- 'Summon' meant to make a contract with
- 'lose her human life' means to become a Flame Haze
- 'Walking' with Yuji and Shana meant literally as a Flame Haze

I reckon that would be great fun, as it would affect relationships between numerous characters.
liquidblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 00:35   Link #3551
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblueocean View Post
I think it's fun with all the postulated outcomes for the final volume. I smile at the idea of the author reading this forum for ideas to use (or avoid), especially if the author didn't have one!

Pheles is a Crimson Lord. She gave a Hogou to Yoshida that will 'summon' Pheles and, in doing so as a human, Yoshida will 'lose her life'. She was to use it if she wanted to 'walk' with Yuji and Shana. What if:

I reckon that would be great fun, as it would affect relationships between numerous characters.
That's ... just ... an idea that I never got <.<
But as I know, Pheles is still around earth, and don't you need to be on the Crimson World in order to make a contract with a human? And more important, the Flame Hazes' fuel is the revenge, and I think that Yoshida did it more on a suicide act, not trying to say that she got emo or anything, but since the world is tecnically going to hell, Yuji betrayed her good intentions and she realized that he actually wants to be with Shana and not with her, I think that having a hougu that deletes your existence is pretty much a bad idea if you get in that emotional depresion.
Old 2011-03-06, 01:53   Link #3552
liquidblueocean

Yeah, and also that Yoshida hasn't exactly had much battle training, so even if she gained massive power...

However, she has done alot of extremely focused unwavering meditation; constant pining. With so much pining, guaranteed to be unfulfilled, and dumped on IN WRITING, she may have the perfect reason to drive her as a Flame Haze: To KICK YUJI'S ASS. haha.
liquidblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 07:43   Link #3553
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
hmm...just wondering if anyone have a full summary of Volume 01, 02 and 04?

I would appreciate if some can send me some my way, you will be given full credit, its for a......

fan website. Something insignificant.

Thank you.

P.S: My Username is entirely coincidental. Honestly.

:]
Oni, you idiot, stop acting like you're not the one who created the B-T usergroup here...

Anyway, 'formalities' aside, I requested Marcus H for a poll on the shakugan wikia regarding which volume I will be doing next after volume 8 (this will take a while though). I think I know which one will be voted most, but just for the lulz...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 08:25   Link #3554
Kaskodiona

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblueocean View Post

Sounds... Interesting... Well, I don't know how Shana would react... Goddamn. Everything is now mixed up in my head. I don't see a reason why everyone hates Kazumi. She's just trying to be nice. She's doing whatever she can do. God, this doesn't sound like me...

BUT. What then her Crimson Lord would be if she became a Flame Haze? Nobody thought of that, huh? Well I don't have an idea WAIT. You said that Pheles is one. Wait, I'm getting really confused with Shana stuff... Like, are Crimson Lords the ones that Flame Hazes are contracted to?
Old 2011-03-06, 09:51   Link #3555
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
What's LOLH again?

And yeah, FA's anime was screwed up.

But JC isn't so bad I think. The beginning of SnS S2 was screwed up, but still, there are anime more screwed up than what JC did.

And the reason why I dislike Kazumi is natural. Maybe it's because I hate short-brown-hair-timid-girls. But I don't hate long-haired XD.

Last edited by Athena; 2011-03-06 at 10:02.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 11:05   Link #3556
Kaskodiona

kira0802: Yes. We all love long-hairs.

Anyway, I dislike Kazumi too. Sometimes she's just too annoying >.<
Old 2011-03-06, 11:18   Link #3557
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

LOLH: Legend of Legendary Heroes (Den Yuu Den).
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 11:32   Link #3558
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I remember somewhere in this thread there was a link to a blog where someone translated an entire chapter of novel 17, it was when Shana was powerless and Hecate tried to kill her...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 14:20   Link #3559
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
LOLH: Legend of Legendary Heroes (Den Yuu Den).
Ah, I'm much familiar with DYD.

Quote:
Anyway, I dislike Kazumi too. Sometimes she's just too annoying >.<
Must be what the author wanted; someone on which we can blame on. Why did Yuji merge with SotF? Kazumi's influence. Why do Shana and Yuji kill each other? Kazumi's influence. Why does Shana cook that bad? Kazumi's inflence. Why did Shana receive SE (Sex Education)? Kazumi's inflence.
Old 2011-03-06, 15:31   Link #3560
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I remember somewhere in this thread there was a link to a blog where someone translated an entire chapter of novel 17, it was when Shana was powerless and Hecate tried to kill her...
I think but not sure you are referring to Angrypokstick's post in page 79 involving the first part of his summary for novel 17. Right after the conversation everyone had in the previous page about Shana turning emo by being a walking corpse while she was captured.

Found on page 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Been awhile since i posted here. Been to busy with my job for the past 4 month. Anyways here is the first part to my vol17 summary
Spoiler for vol 17 summary:

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen