AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-25, 23:06   Link #41
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well for shippers, write a fanfiction or draw your own doujins. Simple.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:23   Link #42
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Not like nobody saw it coming but RIP MinorinxRyuuji. AmixRyuuji. I wish Inko-chan meets another parrot so that I can find a new ship.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:26   Link #43
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
These threads have remained civil up until now, don't do this.
same goes to you

anyway, i somehow really like this episode, and the last scene where taiga mistake ryuuji for the exhibitionist.. and somehow confess, although cliche but well played
Old 2009-02-25, 23:32   Link #44
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
When poking fun of people or responding to someone who did please be good natured about it. This is how flame wars start.

Makes it hard to scan posts to see how the series is doing, as I stoppped watching the series after episode 7 because unless they pull a School Days ending, i thought what would probably happen (RyuujixTaiga) was a little cliched.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:43   Link #45
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
When poking fun of people or responding to someone who did please be good natured about it. This is how flame wars start.

Makes it hard to scan posts to see how the series is doing, as I stoppped watching the series after episode 7 because unless they pull a School Days ending, i thought what would probably happen (RyuujixTaiga) was a little cliched.
If the destination is cliche'd, the path certainly isn't, and I think that's worth watching. Although of course, to each his/her own.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:58   Link #46
Fran~
floating away...

It isnt about the end... is about the ride... is like all that shounen manga/anime, everybody knows that the hero will save the day at last, but all of us wants to know how the hero will do that.

Toradora isnt different, just look at the name... TORA (Tiger= Taiga) DORA (Doragon= Dragon= Ryuuji).

Im here to see how that would happen.
Old 2009-02-26, 00:29   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Not everyone can understand Japanese, for one. I don't really mind these things, but it does miff quite a few people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I was told by a mod it's considered customary to spoiler tag episode discussion until subs are available. I don't care personally, I always read spoiler tagged posts here anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Well I see members on these boards fighting over this all the time. My impression from all of it was that until subs came out spoiler tags were necessary. I don't know which side is right, but I figure going with spoilers is the safe way.
So, here's the "official deal" on spoiler tags, everyone. Basically, you never need to use spoiler tags in Episode Threads because:

a) Anyone who opens this thread knows it's going to be about the contents of this episode.

b) Any spoiler for future events from any source whatsoever is forbidden, even in spoiler tags.

So, actually, the spoiler tags are just wastes of clicks in this thread. If you post an actual spoiler (of something that will happen in a future episode or in a future part of the source material), with or without tags, you may/should get warned or infracted. From the Spoiler Policy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler Policy (emphasis mine)
Because our forum is targeted primarily at fansub viewers, it is inconsiderate to openly discuss or post impressions of an episode before the fansubs are released, except in threads discussing that specific episode. So, when multiple raw and fansubbed episodes are being discussed in the same thread, please keep all discussion of unsubbed episodes behind clearly-marked spoiler tags. Discussing unsubbed anime is not a spoiler according to this policy, but please be considerate.
So, I know everyone's just trying to be nice by preventing people from being spoiled before the subs are out, but honestly, why would anyone read this thread if they didn't want to read about this episode? And I know people just want to play it safe by putting extra spoiler tags, but this actually makes it worse in some ways because then you get in the habit of just opening every single spoiler tag you see, and then some moron goes and posts a real spoiler and everyone falls for it. (Which is why we have infractions for those people...)

So, anyway, sorry for the confusion about this -- we should probably work to make this clearer. In episode threads, you don't need spoiler tags if you're talking about the episode, and if you want to talk about something other than the episode... well, you probably shouldn't, because that's off-topic.

NOTE: Added clarification: The novel is the source material in this case, so if you want to discuss the novel, or compare the novel with the anime, you should do it in the novel thread. Basically, the only "safe assumption" of this thread is that you've seen this anime episode to be in here (or are here to see what other people who did see it think). Any other conversations (probably) have a place in one of the other threads. If you get confused about this, please search around the threads a bit and feel free to PM a mod if you're really stuck.

Oh yeah, and also, please behave. If all you're going to do is post some shipping comment (in any sense of the word <dot dot dot>) please spare us.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-02-26 at 01:25. Reason: Added clarification
Old 2009-02-26, 00:32   Link #48
Peanutbutter

Damnit, I want the next episode right now.

Spoiler for Ep 21:
Old 2009-02-26, 01:11   Link #49
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Thanks for clearing that up relentlessflame.
Old 2009-02-26, 01:16   Link #50
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Cool. I hope the subs come out soon. :3
Old 2009-02-26, 02:00   Link #51
FeDeR

rry for spoiler but actually i learned this frase from ToraDora so i donno if i did smth wrong anyway Great episode same by greatness to 19th ep better than i thought) Really want some subs to understand full idea of it and want subbed 22nd ep) But i thin comparing to this it will be booring)
Old 2009-02-26, 03:50   Link #52
palmtopDRAGON

Send a message via AIM to palmtopDRAGON
It clears up a bit. I really hope they develop an Ami plotline, they've done a great job at carrying on her character, I'd hate to see her stay on the back burner.
Old 2009-02-26, 04:40   Link #53
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
It isnt about the end... is about the ride... is like all that shounen manga/anime, everybody knows that the hero will save the day at last, but all of us wants to know how the hero will do that.

Toradora isnt different, just look at the name... TORA (Tiger= Taiga) DORA (Doragon= Dragon= Ryuuji).

Im here to see how that would happen.
Well of course, certainly it is about the ride, I guess I should clarify, Taiga never interested me enough as a main heroine, thats all. Of course there are other reasons to watch it and I wouldnt spy here if I didnt like other aspects of the story, but it wasnt enough for me to download and watch each episode.
Old 2009-02-26, 04:49   Link #54
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Taiga failed to impressed me (Ami fan here) too but admittedly she did grow up and become someone else from episode 1. So is Ryuji too.

And oh, Maya and Haruta get into more arguments, I wonder why....
Old 2009-02-26, 05:52   Link #55
wistfulloner

Did anyone notice tears well up in Taiga's eyes when she in her half-daze "confessed" to Ryuji? She was close to unconscious, how did she bring forth enough emotions to cry?

But great episode, none the less. The closer involvement of Kihara and Noto pleasantly surprised me.
Old 2009-02-26, 06:10   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Also watched the RAW.

I wonder why Ami was so angry, is it because she was hit?
Or is it because she was saying something important when she was interrupted?

Need to watch the subbed version.
Old 2009-02-26, 07:10   Link #57
ekin1
Taiga Uppercut

I also thought they would expand Volume 8 into more then 2 episodes, but also realize theyre on a 25 episode budget.
Old 2009-02-26, 07:18   Link #58
roan

The contents of the "confession" to "Kitamura" at the end is exactly what physics223 pointed out earlier, by the way.

Quote:
The scene further added to my pathos towards Taiga: she recognized that her heart was already broken, and instead of miring herself in depression she simply prayed that she could get over it. She doesn’t, but she still tries her best, as what could be seen in the scene with Ryuuji afterward.
Also, the lines from Taiga at the end of the preview at episode 20 were originally part of this scene.

Last edited by roan; 2009-02-26 at 07:30.
Old 2009-02-26, 07:20   Link #59
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I know this is a bit off topic, but the 10th volume of the novel will be out on March 10. By then there will only be 2 episodes left for the anime. I'm just curious if the anime producers have read the basic script of the 10th novel and will follow that ending or if they will create an anime ending (which could be terrible). I do hope they do the former.
Old 2009-02-26, 07:28   Link #60
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I know this is a bit off topic, but the 10th volume of the novel will be out on March 10. By then there will only be 2 episodes left for the anime. I'm just curious if the anime producers have read the basic script of the 10th novel and will follow that ending or if they will create an anime ending (which could be terrible). I do hope they do the former.
Yeah, they were given the outline of the story. The major plot points should be the same.