AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 18:39   Link #701
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh wow. this is the first time in a long long time i've bawled my eyes out watching an anime. the ending was absolutely perfect. the parallels ran strong. insert song, artwork, everything came together in the perfect combination.

without a doubt the best part was
Spoiler:

thank you so much for playing such a large part in my life for the last 3 or 4 years. its incredibly sad to see this show come to an end. simplicity and beauty merged into one to create a show that's my favorite.

the insert song that plays during that scene isn't symphony is it? its a new one by the same artist if i'm not mistaken

Last edited by germanturkey; 2008-03-31 at 20:04.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:31   Link #702
Major1138

I think I may have a bit of dust in my eye watching this one.

A great episode to cap off a remarkable series. The last scene at Aria company was perfect.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 21:41   Link #703
DoAsInfinity

What a beautiful anime. I can literary die without regrets now that I've watched the last episode.

Time to start watching from the very 1st episode from the very 1st series again...
DoAsInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:12   Link #704
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Okay, before watching the episode, I want to thank Amano-sensei, Hal Film Maker and all the wonderful people involved in making this marvelous series. No matter what happens in this last episode, my feelings will remain the same.

Thank you, ARIA.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:43   Link #705
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

That was, simply put, one of the most beautiful episodes I've seen in my life, of any series. I didn't shed a single tear--I kept smiling all over the episode. So much beauty, so much I can't even begin to explain it. Everything about it was magnificent.

Of course, it has a bittersweet taste because it's the last we'll see from ARIA. This series has always had this sort of eternal stillness feeling to it that it's actually quite shocking to see it finally end. But the end result is a beautiful, beautiful series in many ways that, subtly and without any sense of over-pretense, manages to do so much more than most series I've ever seen. It's simply wonderful how something so simple can be so powerful and moving as ARIA.

Thank you, Amano-sensei. Thank you, Hal Film Maker. Thank you for all you've done for this masterpiece of an anime that will stay in my heart for a long, long time, hopefully until the day I leave this world.

Old 2008-03-31, 22:49   Link #706
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ you didn't cry. you're not human. how could you not cry at the aforementioned scene. it was a perfect storm of human emotion.
Old 2008-03-31, 22:55   Link #707
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

I don't cry often. I might as well say I never cry with audiovisual media of any sort. There's the distinct exception of a single Kanon arc (the whole series is not that good, but the Makoto arc was certainly powerful), but that's it. And that doesn't mean I liked the Makoto arc better than ARIA's last episode

Old 2008-03-31, 22:58   Link #708
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for <3<3<3<3:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:01   Link #709
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 13 Final

LEGENDARY WIN.

I had voiced my thoughts on 12 kind of leaving off on a somber tone. I suppose they were saving the full effect of emotion for ARIA in the last episode. That being said, rather than having the feeling of winding down I had from reading the progression of the events in the manga, this actually left more more spirited by the time I finished watching.

The animators and art directors must have said "lets go crazy!" and went the direction most animation studios go - blow the rest of the budget on the last episode.
Spoiler:

I finished it with a laugh.
Most anime endings elicit a so-so, not bad, shrug, questioning, or a gesture that it has failed to have satisfied me. In the back of my mind, I sort of had this fear when it came to ARIA. I question why I felt that way in the first place.

Now, bring on the DVD ONLY episode!
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:06   Link #710
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for <3<3<3<3:
I see your image and raise you this one:
Spoiler:

Last edited by StarCreator; 2008-03-31 at 23:25.
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:08   Link #711
X10A_Freedom

Spoiler:

Just this for now, need to catch my flight to Venice now (the irony!).
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:11   Link #712
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
Spoiler:
I bow to your 1337ness in delivering this most awe-inspiring of images, thank you

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:17   Link #713
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
Spoiler:
Requesting more stitches.

Oh, and I forgot to add
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:43   Link #714
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

<Don't cry, don't cry, my feminine self, don't cry. We didn't seen the episode YET. I know, this is the ending, but we are still waiting for the subs to watch... please, don't cry.>
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 00:04   Link #715
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Oh, and I forgot to add
Spoiler:
i saw that when i watched it again. didn't kill me though, i was expecting it to happen.

anyways, it wasn't even the ending that made it so sad. the ending is uplifting and provides closure for the series. it was the "other" scene that got me all worked up. i just watched it again and i couldn't stop the tears.

though i think Older Akari's hair is not as good looking as young Akari...
Old 2008-04-01, 00:23   Link #716
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Sad to see this series ended... could only hope for more. The feeling when you watch the animated version is similar to what I feel about when I watch the manga.

And the "new" and most touching part...
Spoiler:
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 00:29   Link #717
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

More spoilers!!!

Spoiler:
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 00:59   Link #718
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Once again they did it
Manly tears mode on.

I bow to director of this serie who managed not only to be very accurate with the manga but even more to add contents that increase the greatness of the story.

Spoiler for Ep 13:
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 01:12   Link #719
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, it goes full circle.

i for one wouldn't like to see another aria series after this one. partially because if they did, they'd have to venture outside the established bubble thats the aria universe to pull in more characters and expand on story.

thats one of the most appealing things about the show is that it was so stable. every character was always there, sudden new major characters, no sudden departures of characters. everything was self sustained. the ending was perfect the way it was and adding more to it will only ruin the perfect glow i received from this ending.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-01, 01:23   Link #720
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, it goes full circle.

i for one wouldn't like to see another aria series after this one. partially because if they did, they'd have to venture outside the established bubble thats the aria universe to pull in more characters and expand on story.

thats one of the most appealing things about the show is that it was so stable. every character was always there, sudden new major characters, no sudden departures of characters. everything was self sustained. the ending was perfect the way it was and adding more to it will only ruin the perfect glow i received from this ending.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for answer for above:
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life