Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-22, 23:36   Link #61
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
well...suddenly his badge also happens to be some sort of communicator, so lets not rule anything out
Yea but were not really sure what it was I just hope it get answered.
Old 2011-05-23, 00:49   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm all for new and creative ideas, I've even accepted rewriting the reasons for powers and such (Ichigo proximity, Hougyoku, etc.), but I fear the crossing of a fine line that I have yet to determine the location of. I think someone mentioned that this shinigami could be Ulq, and while I have absolutely no reason to believe the same could be possible, I think the line I draw is at bringing deader than dead characters back. KT even played with that bit back when Aaraneiro was Kaien. While I was disappointed at the time that it wasn't Kaien for real, I thought it was well executed as for what happened (a great battle with Rukia). I can only hope KT knows how to trend these lines with some sort of bizarre expertise.

Tl;dr: It's late and I thought about Bleach too much.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:20   Link #63
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm all for new and creative ideas, I've even accepted rewriting the reasons for powers and such (Ichigo proximity, Hougyoku, etc.), but I fear the crossing of a fine line that I have yet to determine the location of. I think someone mentioned that this shinigami could be Ulq, and while I have absolutely no reason to believe the same could be possible, I think the line I draw is at bringing deader than dead characters back.
Tl;dr: It's late and I thought about Bleach too much.
The hell?
How can it be , even the assumption of such thing is ridiculous. He's a complete and totally dead character, without anything tying him to future; whereas Kaien was brought back to manga only for Rukia. And how the heck do Isshin and Urahara know Ulq?

I understand that some want for their favourite character to return in a fan-fiction like manner i.e. character becoming a shinigami and all, but it's totally stupid.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:28   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

Someone did mention that, but I was mostly using it as an example of something I (still an avid and hopeful reader) just couldn't accept in a series already scrutinized to death by others.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:17   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Yea but were not really sure what it was I just hope it get answered.
not sure of what? we already know it was Rukia's voice. The only thing that needs to be answered is why is this idea of the badge also being a communicator is being introduced like 8 years later.
Old 2011-05-23, 07:14   Link #66
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not sure of what? we already know it was Rukia's voice. The only thing that needs to be answered is why is this idea of the badge also being a communicator is being introduced like 8 years later.
Because it's not really a new idea. The badge was shown making sounds soon after Ichigo first got it.

Old 2011-05-23, 14:16   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's still new

hollow alerts aren't the same thing as someone talking to you.
Old 2011-05-23, 16:41   Link #68
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^Well, what I was getting at is that it's sorta like asking why an alarm clock can also play radio stations. The answer is because it's a clock radio. It can do both things.

But you're right that Soul Society tech is schizo anyways. The hougyoku was changed from a device that made the barrier between shinigami and hollow disappear to a semi-sentient, wish granting machine. The badge also being a communicator is pretty easy to buy compared to that.

Of course, why it started transmitting is a mystery because it's pretty apparent the broadcast wasn't meant for Ichigo to hear.

Old 2011-05-24, 16:50   Link #69
AceD
See You En' Tee

It's Aizen, everything is still going according to plan.
Old 2011-05-25, 00:47   Link #70
Tarantula Lady

I've been wondering if Ichigo's mother was a hollow and he was born a super-powered, immortal shinigami-hollow hybrid. Then, at birth, his hollow side was sealed away by SS. The idea provides some explanations for some odd behavior.

It could explain Ichigo's odd hair color if he was split apart and the evil side was buried in his subconscious. Then, during the final showdown with Aizen, Ichigo's hair turned black and his body was partially covered with the white, clay-like material that appears on the hollows. Is that Ichigo's true form, a normal Japanese person with some hollow-like features?

And why, when they met in Hueco Mundo, Aizen didn't consider Ichigo to really be his enemy, but instead an interesting experiment and a possible future ally. On the other side, the SS leadership have never really trusted Ichigo no matter how many times he saved their collective asses.

Then, there's that weird reluctance between Ichigo and his father to discuss Aizen's comment about Ichigo's birth. Isshen doesn't want to tell Ichigo the painful truth and Ichigo has guessed enough to realize he doesn't want to know? That is, his inner hollow (especially his ultimate hollow form) isn't an invader from outside, but actually part of who he really is and has been all along?

Rukia and SS may be worried that using fullbring to restore Ichigo's powers could result in unleashing Ichigo's hollow side, in particular his ultimate hollow form which appeared unstoppable. So, in the last scene of this chapter, Isshen and Urahara are plotting to destroy or seal away Ichigo's supernatural abilities, with the help of a shinigami from SS.

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out. I know that Ichigo's mask first appeared when his chain of fate disappeared during his training session with Urahara. That suggests that Ichigo's hollowification began at that point but I'm wondering if there's anything in the canon which clearly contradicts this idea.
Old 2011-05-25, 01:04   Link #71
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

early on, it seemed like soul society knew nothing of ichigo till he single-handedly rushed the place. i doubt they had anything to do with his past... aizen, on the other hand...

also, during ichigo's first battle with his hollow self, his hollow self said getsuga was his own attack that ichigo was using. since ishiin also has the same attack, it might make sense that ishiin also has a hollow self that he's maybe gained control over? i dunno. when it comes to stuff like this, bleach can be completely unpredictable. hell, it's been so long, what i said might not have even happened.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-05-25, 03:08   Link #72
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
It's Kubo, everything is still Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
fix't for accuracy
Old 2011-05-25, 10:49   Link #73
sayde

I suppose now that the early spoilers have been released, now would be a good time to post the weekly reminder--that being...

Chapter 449 discusion thread has been opened. Please move relevant discussions to the new thread. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion