AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 20:18   Link #641
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'm not just talking about anime sci-fantasy or space operas.

There's plenty of other anime that isn't exactly high on the suspension of disbelief list...it's not as if this one's unique in that sense.
I think people misunderstand "suspension of disbelief". It doesn't have to be believable in "our world" but believable in "the fictional world". That is how I use the term.

And I feel like I am criticizing Guilty Crown way too much. I found the first episode entertaining if a bit over the top & cliche. I really don't know what the rest of the series will bring. But if the series continues to be over-the-top than I would rather it not take itself so seriously. I would be able to suspend my disbelief more that way.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:21   Link #642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The only exception might be Inori, but I don't think that she's less realistic than C.C.
Wait, what? Less realistic in what sense ? This is of my interest
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:28   Link #643
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, what? Less realistic in what sense ? This is of my interest
I don't think that she's less realistic than C.C.

Also, anybody who thinks that Inori's outfit is totally unacceptable has never played Suikoden V...

Old 2011-10-14, 20:34   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't think that she's less realistic than C.C.
Yes yes, but what are the conditions of 'less realistic' that factors into the consideration ?

Quote:
Also, anybody who thinks that Inori's outfit is totally unacceptable has never played Suikoden V...
Well it serves the purpose of dulling the senses of innocent pure boys and to convince them to join the resistance...
Old 2011-10-14, 20:47   Link #645
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Yes yes, but what are the conditions of 'less realistic' that factors into the consideration ?
It would take something pretty big, imo. Like, literally getting her head shot off and somehow surviving.

C.C. was a pretty fantastical character, and that's part of what I liked about her.

Quote:
Well it serves the purpose of dulling the senses of innocent pure boys and to convince them to join the resistance...
Ha ha ha!

Well-put.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:51   Link #646
Yuna Amakura

Uh, I'll agree that The Prince's outfit is horrible, but I find the comparison to be a bit odd, to say the least. Not only Suikoden V is a JRPG, in which this kind of outfit is acceptable, but Inori's outfit, for the time being, seems a little bit out of place in GC (and I won't even mention the ridiculous fanservice that, along with the whole demeanor of the character, already made me not take her seriously). At least for me, Prince's outfit fits the universe he is part of, whereas Inori's doesn't.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:57   Link #647
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

C.C. was a pretty fantastical character, and that's part of what I liked about her.
No arguments there, plus she's an entertaining character to follow...

...I wonder if Inori secretly has her snarky-aloof personality But even if that's the case it's no fun when Shu is... Like that.

Quote:
Ha ha ha!

Well-put.
Well it worked didn't it ? The main character was smitten into risking his life to help out the cause.

So I would say the outfit totally did it's job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Uh, I'll agree that The Prince's outfit is horrible, but I find the comparison to be a bit odd, to say the least. Not only Suikoden V is a JRPG, in which this kind of outfit is acceptable, but Inori's outfit, for the time being, seems a little bit out of place in GC (and I won't even mention the ridiculous fanservice that, along with the whole demeanor of the character, already made me not take her seriously). At least for me, Prince's outfit fits the universe he is part of, whereas Inori's doesn't.
Like I've said, it serves the purpose of dulling the senses of innocent pure boys and to convince them to join the resistance...

These are tough times.
Old 2011-10-14, 21:04   Link #648
Ikari_Yi

I Like of the first episode... The OST's was amazing... I hope that continue!
Ikari_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:07   Link #649
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The good thing is that it looks nice, but Geass did too, yet it's plot was at best hilarious, and at worst a stupid... still it's one episode, so it's hard to tell, what I know is it has very appealing character designs (for both sexes), good mech designs, appealing backgrounds, and that's about it... for now
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:09   Link #650
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of ironic I find Suikoden V laying around think about playing it and then see that picture on the thread. Clearly a sign .
Quote:
No arguments there, plus she's an entertaining character to follow...

...I wonder if Inori secretly has her snarky-aloof personality But even if that's the case it's no fun when Shu is... Like that.
True, it just wouldn't have the right dynamic with Shu being that type of guy. Nothing wrong with him being that type of guy, it just wouldn't be quite right .

Quote:
Well it worked didn't it ? The main character was smitten into risking his life to help out the cause.

So I would say the outfit totally did it's job
I say congrats to the outfit and the one wearing it . In these dark times you recruit help from everywhere.
Old 2011-10-14, 21:20   Link #651
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Inori's outfit, for the time being, seems a little bit out of place in GC (and I won't even mention the ridiculous fanservice that, along with the whole demeanor of the character, already made me not take her seriously). At least for me, Prince's outfit fits the universe he is part of, whereas Inori's doesn't.
The part that I put in bold I really agree with. I actually like Inori's outfit (as impractical as it is, I find it pretty), but it doesn't fit the setting. It looks like a reject costume design that Hyung-tae Kim did for one of the Magna Carta games, if anything. If I was in a guerrilla resistance group and I knew my enemies were toting 6-story high assault mechs, that is NOT the first thing I would be pulling out of my closet.

Also, if she was trying to sneak out the vial in a low-key manner, shouldn't she be wearing something less obnoxiously noticeable? It's kind of like Naruto where how he's supposed to be this stealthy ninja, but he's wearing a bright orange jumpsuit instead of something that would help him blend in with his environment. Just... what? I know some people might try to pull the "but it's an anime" card here (and I pull that card myself sometimes), but I think for GC it just doesn't fly.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:21   Link #652
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True, it just wouldn't have the right dynamic with Shu being that type of guy. Nothing wrong with him being that type of guy, it just wouldn't be quite right .
I mean for God sake he has the [Power of the King], after he got his Persona- I mean, his ability he should have gotten a personality upgrade or something...

"Hail to the King baby!"
Old 2011-10-14, 21:25   Link #653
Aesthetic Shampoo

I just attribute her outfit to the fact that she's an idol/singer/whatever and maybe she used that to sneak in to steal the vial.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:39   Link #654
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
I just attribute her outfit to the fact that she's an idol/singer/whatever and maybe she used that to sneak in to steal the vial.
This. She probably HAD TO BE DRESSED LIKE THAT when she got her hands on the genome. Nothing unrealistic about it at all considering the song Shu was streaming onto his tabloid.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:48   Link #655
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Yeah, because highly secured buildings with scientific research labs harboring hazardous materials let pop stars just randomly waltz on in... Right. <_<
Old 2011-10-14, 21:51   Link #656
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Yeah, because highly secured buildings with scientific research labs harboring hazardous materials let pop stars just randomly waltz on in... Right. <_<
Given that most security guards are stupid and uneducated males... yeah, sounds as a decent plan
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:08   Link #657
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
You don't think a young adult male security guard could be sweet-talked by a popular female pop star?

Honestly, some people are making way too big of a deal (in a critical way) about Inori's outfit. It is hardly unrealistic or ill-fitting for a J-Pop star.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:11   Link #658
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Inori had a stealth field generator similar to the one we see used in Production I.G's other show, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex:
Spoiler for Stealth Field Generator, Go!:

You can see it flash on for a few seconds. We can probably assume it ran out of juice/was damaged when we see her making her escape, as we see it turn off 18 seconds later:
Spoiler for Musta been made by the Chinese::

As for Shu's generic shonen emoness...

If this is Shu's mother (based off speculation from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...82#post3807482 [thanks stuopidget]):
Spoiler for Shu's Mom:

then it's entirely possible one of the reasons Shu is so...emo is because his mother works in conjunction with the repressors (ie: Bad Guys ), of the Japanese.

stuopidget and others have also raised the possibility of the head honcho scientist being Shu's father (as he also shows up in Shu's flashbacks), which if true, would mean both Shu's parents not only work with the Bad Guys, but also in a very high capacity, ie: they're not just grunts, but possibly the people who sit in the chairs with cats and evil laughs.

It may not completely excuse his attitude, but it might help explain it.

And, yes, this is a blatant attempt to get some discussion going that isn't about Fate/Zero, whether the show is realistic or not, whether it is sci-fi, or how hot Inari is.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-15 at 00:44.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:23   Link #659
Triple_R
*Author

Honestly, as a guy with a relatively low tolerance level for emo main protagonists (or so I thought, anyway - this thread is starting to make me reconsider that ), I didn't find Shu's level of emo problematic at all.

At least Shu was keeping it to himself (mostly), and not openly angsting in his actual dialogue a whole lot. Given the circumstances faced by him and his nation, I don't think that his degree of emo is excessive.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:32   Link #660
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Inori had a stealth field generator similar to the one we see used in Production I.G's other show, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. You can see it flash on for a few seconds. We can probably assume it ran out of juice/was damaged when we see her making her escape.
This makes a lot more sense to me, honestly.

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig