AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 18:55   Link #2081
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Atala, Renée and Le dernier Abencerage by Chateaubriand Mademoiselle Fifi by Maupassant.
Old 2012-02-09, 23:17   Link #2082
zatsu-chan
I want u... now!!! meow~

artemis fowl by Eoin Colfer , hentai ouji to warawanai neko , seikoku no ryuu kishi and golden boy ^.^
zatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 23:32   Link #2083
Haladflire65
*Artist

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, I hated it. Disliked the protagonist, all the supporting characters really, the plot and the writing style. Of course it has to be in our English curriculum... it was the most torturous read in all my years of high school D:
Old 2012-02-10, 01:37   Link #2084
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Greedy Bastards, by Dylan Ratigan. He covers just about all of the content on one of his two sites or his show but it was a good read nevertheless. Greatest example I can think of is Salman Khan and how when his only interest was in educating his cousins, he created what can very well revolutionize the face of education.

Another great example: EVs. Imagine how much progress we would have made had the EV1 not been scrapped.
Old 2012-02-19, 10:40   Link #2085
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Enough Rope by Lawrence Block. I had read before some of the story ut still a good reading.
Old 2012-02-19, 10:53   Link #2086
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Greedy Bastards, by Dylan Ratigan. AMAZING book. Wish he'd write more.
Old 2012-02-20, 08:57   Link #2087
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A Choice of Enemies by Lawrence Freedman. Not as comprehensive as A World of Trouble but I have learned a few more minor things.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:13   Link #2088
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

finished all potter books. amazing. would recommend it to anyone, adult or children.

read first 5 Percy Jackson. good but anything followed by Potter is just not good enough. i'm sure i would have enjoyed if it wasn't the follow up to potter.

read 1st Sooki Stackhouse(True Blood) book. okay. not really my thing. enjoyed Hunger games so i thought this would be good but, could not connect.

started reading A Princess of Mars. good so far. enjoying it.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:56   Link #2089
Alchemist007
*Author

Finished Breaking Dawn and The Host. The latter was pretty interesting - body snatching aliens invade and it's from the perspective of one of them with the host still being able to retain thought and talk with each other.
Old 2012-03-16, 21:16   Link #2090
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I just finished reading the Seven Realms series only three out so far. I would love an anime version XD but that is like that for most books
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:11   Link #2091
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have been catching up on Agatha Christie's Poirot series. I finished Miss Marple a little while ago, so I decided to start Poirot. I have watched David Suchet's portrayal of Poirot, and I must say his version of Poirot is what the writer would have wanted. Such resemblance!

Comparing Marple and Poirot, I prefer Poirot. This could be due to my personal depiction of what a detective should be. Marple's way of investigating....really not my cup of tea, and I could even predict who the killers are for certain cases. For Poirot, I never could guess who the killers are, and the many twists and turns certainly bewitch me.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:03   Link #2092
Eragon
Still Alive

Finished reading the fourth and final installment in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini - Inheritance. It was good but I felt there should have and could have been more to it. The final Battle was very unusual. Also finished The Lord of the Bows by Conn Iggulden - second installment in the Conqueror series. Its a very good take on Genghis Khan and the Mongols life.
Old 2012-03-30, 13:05   Link #2093
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I have been catching up on Agatha Christie's Poirot series. I finished Miss Marple a little while ago, so I decided to start Poirot. I have watched David Suchet's portrayal of Poirot, and I must say his version of Poirot is what the writer would have wanted. Such resemblance!

Comparing Marple and Poirot, I prefer Poirot. This could be due to my personal depiction of what a detective should be. Marple's way of investigating....really not my cup of tea, and I could even predict who the killers are for certain cases. For Poirot, I never could guess who the killers are, and the many twists and turns certainly bewitch me.
Agreed. I've pretty read everything from Agatha Christie a decade ago. Marple is really boring compared to Poirot. Can't really remember much, but Poirot has a nice start and a nice end, with Hastings.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:40   Link #2094
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Agreed. I've pretty read everything from Agatha Christie a decade ago. Marple is really boring compared to Poirot. Can't really remember much, but Poirot has a nice start and a nice end, with Hastings.
Yeah, I love cases featuring Hastings as his "sidekick". I jumped straight to the last Poirot case, and the ending is sad, albeit a justified one. After dedicating his life to uphold justice, it is only fair that he ends his own life after he commits murder.

Old 2012-03-30, 14:16   Link #2095
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post

To be honest, I've never read any of Agatha Christie's works. I'm not much of a murder mystery novel fan. However, I greatly enjoyed the Poirot TV series. I also feel the show did a great job of capturing the time period Poirot is set in.

Endless "Little gray cells" Soul
Old 2012-03-30, 14:20   Link #2096
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
To be honest, I've never read any of Agatha Christie's works. I'm not much of a murder mystery novel fan. However, I greatly enjoyed the Poirot TV series. I also feel the show did a great job of capturing the time period Poirot is set in.

Endless "Little gray cells" Soul
I highly recommend the books. The language is pretty straightforward and easy to understand, and given its length, you can finish 1 novel in a single afternoon.

Yes, the background music, the props-everything! It captures the mood of the novels perfectly. David Suchet is an amazing actor. Have you heard his real voice before? haha, this is your chance.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-03-30, 22:00   Link #2097
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A tale of two cities by Charle Dickens, Une vie by Maupassant and Le Zèbre by Alexandre Jardin. The last one did surprised me, it was better than I expected.
Old 2012-04-01, 00:56   Link #2098
Suomi
Kaiba

finished a couple steamy romance novels. now onto Mistborn: The Alloy of Law and The Way of Kings, both by Brandon Sanderson.
Old 2012-04-01, 00:59   Link #2099
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've been reading Coalition's End, one of the Gears of War books.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:56   Link #2100
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
A tale of two cities by Charle Dickens, Une vie by Maupassant and Le Zèbre by Alexandre Jardin. The last one did surprised me, it was better than I expected.
A tale of two cities is a masterpiece IMO. The ending still gets to me even after a number of times. Such sacrifice by Sydney Carton...This novel and Les Miserables are the only novels set in the backdrop of a French rebellion that I like. Les Miserables doesn't use the French Revolution as the backdrop, but I still enjoy how Victor Hugo integrates moral philosophy, love, politics, and religion in the midst of a student rebellion.

Tags
books