AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 11:32   Link #281
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes and is as good as the show
Old 2013-03-29, 20:24   Link #282
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
My outright hatred would reach critical mass.
If we focus your hate and my anger, we could probably create a weapon powerful enough to destroy half of Toyko.

I'd say more, but Godzilla usually blows up the other half.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 22:23   Link #283
Sunder the Gold

Wrong thread, sorry.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 22:28   Link #284
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Um, sunder, this isn't the 2nd movie thread.

Old 2013-04-01, 04:27   Link #285
Hoki
Professor Lech

I wonder if they would make this movie with the Materials in them? Seriously, I want to see Nanoha vs Material S, Fate vs Material L, Hayate and the Wolkenritter vs Material D.

They could use the storyline of the two PSP games in a movie. I'd pay money to see that.
Hoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 05:00   Link #286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, it should be noted that the movie 2nd sound stage did introduce a base for the materials to be retconned back in:

"Hayate: Your Majesty and the others had been sealed within the Book of Darkness for awhile right?
Dearche: Without a choice, yes.
Hayate: And there were times where you never awoken, right? Like for example, when the Darkness within the Book of Darkness and the Book were both destroyed in that world. That would mean you never would have existed right?
Dearche: Who knows. But even if the Book of Darkness was destroyed in that world, there is still chance of us activating. Do you remember Yuri’s eternal crystal “Examia”?
Hayate: Hm, yeah. It seemed like an amazing power/energy source.
Dearche: Though it is far from perfect, it is powerful enough to lay waste to an entire planet. Even if a powerful attack was to strike it, it is hard to imagine that it would utterly be annihilated without leaving a single trace.
Hayate: That battle with Yuri was an incredibly hard fight.
Dearche: From a mere fragment/piece, we can regenerate. Though it might take 10 or 20 years, perhaps even longer… but as long as Yuri is alive and well, we are immortal. Whatever fate brings us; we will eventually awake and return once more."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 05:13   Link #287
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'd be okay with a materials movie, but I can't quite wrap my head around how it will tie into the first two movies. Unless the book of darkness somehow unleashes them, but since their timeline is basically an alternate continuity of A's, they're gonna have to use some ingenuity to fit them in for the third movie.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:55   Link #288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, the above gives an excuse. Fragments of Examina survive, the materials regenerate and a new story with them starts from there.

Also, another reason why we shouldn't take this "the Nanoha movies are real movies in the main Nanohaverse" thing all too seriously. The last movie sound stage had a side that took place on Mid Childa and featured the Materials going there. Trouble is, Nanoha, Hayate and Fate recognized them, which would mean that the timeline where the movies are shown is the PSP timeline.

And the other side? That one has Nanoha and Fate going to Eltria, which would mean that aside from being a movie, the movie timeline is also a genuinely existing alternate reality.

Heck, Stern even confirms the existence of multiple alternate realities.

DC-level madness, ho!
Old 2013-04-01, 07:48   Link #289
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Heh, yeah, why not have the Materials be alternate reality versions of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate?

Old 2013-04-01, 07:59   Link #290
Hoki
Professor Lech

And they would live in an alternate reality where Hayate has killed... whoever is the actual leader of the TSAB and the three of them build a totalitarian state where peace is achieved through excessive security.

Sound like DC's Justice Lords.
Hoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 18:30   Link #291
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, the above gives an excuse. Fragments of Examina survive, the materials regenerate and a new story with them starts from there.

Also, another reason why we shouldn't take this "the Nanoha movies are real movies in the main Nanohaverse" thing all too seriously. The last movie sound stage had a side that took place on Mid Childa and featured the Materials going there. Trouble is, Nanoha, Hayate and Fate recognized them, which would mean that the timeline where the movies are shown is the PSP timeline.

And the other side? That one has Nanoha and Fate going to Eltria, which would mean that aside from being a movie, the movie timeline is also a genuinely existing alternate reality.

Heck, Stern even confirms the existence of multiple alternate realities.

DC-level madness, ho!
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

No, seriously, what is this I don't even....
Old 2013-04-01, 19:13   Link #292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Temporal distortion dumped the Materials on Mid. It's quite fun, actually.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:16   Link #293
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yeah it looks fun xD
Old 2013-04-01, 19:49   Link #294
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Translations are in the sound stage translation thread, if you're interested.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:57   Link #295
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I understood that differently. While the movies are movies in the main timeline (ToS, A's, StrikerS, ViVid, FORCE, Reinforce is mercy killed on Christmas) none of the Sound Stages you mentioned touched that: on one, movieverse!Nanoha and Fate visit the Materials (BoA timeline), on the another the adult N+F+H recognize the materials so it's also the BoA timeline.

Gears of Destiny went to some lengthe to reference the Folrian sisters "hadn't changed the timeline" or something like that[1] by mentioning memory blocks and records deleted, trying to imply the BoA-verse followed the steps of the main timeline after Reinforce's death: the JS incident with Vivio becoming Nanoha's mother and Thoma not-unisoning with Lily, meeting Isis and eventually managing to control his power being instructed under Hayate.

[1] Yeah, sure. Remove some very powerful mages from their time (even if willingly) and say you didn't changed the timeline

But yeah, from what I understand it seems like the movies are both movies in the main timeline and an accurate representation of what happened in another timeline. I 'll just MST3K Mantra on that. *shrugs*
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:53   Link #296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course, the A's movie doesn't make much sense in the GoD timeline, since Reinforce survived there but got a mercy-kill in the movie. I doubt Hayate would have approved of that.

'Course, we can write that of as Hollywood (Midwood?) going "screw what really happened, this will bring the tears!"
Old 2013-04-01, 20:56   Link #297
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Remind me to find a way to nuke "midwood" from orbit sometime in the future.

Old 2013-04-03, 14:01   Link #298
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

It IS called the Time-Space Administration Bureau.

I don't know how anyone can be surprised there are alternate realities and alternate timelines accessible if you just have the right magic/Lost Logia. If it WEREN'T possible they'd just be called the Space Administration Bureau, because why police Time-Space if messing with time isn't possible?

That said I choose to ignore that the movies are "canonly movies", because it's too meta even for my tastes. I just treat them as an alternate timeline, like the PSP games also are. And in a setting with very powerful magic and ancient artifacts that can blow up planets, temporarily joining several timelines into a single one and then disjoining them and erasing memories isn't that farfetched.
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 15:32   Link #299
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
The word for "Time-Space" in Japanese, can also mean "Dimension." And while you can have alternate realities for that, there are plenty of normal dimensions in our scientific understanding that we are aware of, that wouldn't necessarily necessitate alternate timelines and such. And given that their ships use hyperspace, and mages can teleport, there are already different dimensions to TSAB/DAB life.

Here's a fun thing to let your mind chew over: the laws of physics are different in other areas of the universe. Different dimensions, indeed.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 15:53   Link #300
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
.... that's probably why the explosions are much more powerful in the movie dimension... different laws of physics.