AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-12-22, 19:38   Link #81
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

May I ask how many volumes all together is in rozen maiden? And yes delrey should do this manga considering that they do suffixes with the names
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 21:00   Link #82
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
As of right now there are 7 volumes of manga available. I don't know how many total volumes it'll turn out to be.
Old 2007-01-02, 18:41   Link #83
_duangelique
Adorate Sui ~desu.

I heard a spanish translated version of the manga is coming out in April.
_duangelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 18:11   Link #84
Pakxenon
popcorn

Just bought the two volumes out (dammit, 6 days until 3rd one T__T).

Hmmm... how would "You're annoying yes! You're annoying yes! You're annoying yes!" be like? (Taken from Ouverture.)

Yes seems good.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 19:29   Link #85
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

^I actually found the 3rd volume at Borders like 4 days ago, so if you have one in town you might want to check them out. They also beat the street release of Deathnote 9 and Reborn!2, though it may be because I live in a college town.
Old 2007-01-04, 12:13   Link #86
QueenNori

I bought volume 6 in Germany 2 days ago.
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 19:29   Link #87
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
How many of these are available in either english or french? I have the first three in english (the only things my local comic shop had in thier catalogue), but would be interested in finding the remaining ones.
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 19:40   Link #88
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

According to this post, volumes 1-5 have been released in France. Volume 6 may be out by now, but of course you might have to import them.
Old 2007-01-04, 19:42   Link #89
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Thanks!! Complete with listing codes! I'll have to check a local librarie to see if they can't order those for me.
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 04:40   Link #90
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
According to this post, volumes 1-5 have been released in France. Volume 6 may be out by now, but of course you might have to import them.
The released date of the (french) volume 5 has been changed it's now the 02/21/2007.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 05:49   Link #91
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The released date of the (french) volume 5 has been changed it's now the 02/21/2007.
Yep, too bad. And Editor Kaze has just licenced the anime... and named it Rosen Maiden.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 05:52   Link #92
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Can someone fill me in, I don't know anything about the manga. x_x
Old 2007-01-05, 07:02   Link #93
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Yep, too bad. And Editor Kaze has just licenced the anime... and named it Rosen Maiden.
No it's Rozen Maiden -> http://www.kaze.fr/evenements/planning.php

That was probably a typo from where you have seen the news
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 08:27   Link #94
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Anybody happen to catch the cover of January's Comic Birz?

Hopefully we can expect a new manga Phase.
Looks like Nori's "dutch doll" suspicions were not entirely unfounded.

I wonder why they cut out all the sentence endings (I don't think Hina's na no made it, and im pretty sure Boku and Kashira are going to get cut if they say it in the manga), but how come Misha from Pita Ten keeps her "Su?"
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 08:37   Link #95
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post

im pretty sure Boku and Kashira are going to get cut if they say it in the manga
Kashira might be translated into "I wonder", but boku doesn't stand a chance - even the fansubbers didn't keep it. After all, it's not exactly a word you can translate. I hope Tokyopop at least add a side note that says that Sou refers to herself as a male.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 08:40   Link #96
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Can someone fill me in, I don't know anything about the manga. x_x
Me too. Can someone who's read the manga, like... spoil me the whole thing? It'd be much appreciated. ^^

Edit: Aughhhhhhhhh I double posted and it won't let me delete the post WTF. =_= -headdesk-

Last edited by HinaThePrince; 2007-01-05 at 08:59.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:49   Link #97
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
I wonder why they cut out all the sentence endings (I don't think Hina's na no made it, and im pretty sure Boku and Kashira are going to get cut if they say it in the manga), but how come Misha from Pita Ten keeps her "Su?"
That is probably up to the person who does the localization of the manga; i.e., making the translator's Engrish into English, as well as changing the way the characters speak to reflect their personalities. Whomever does the English adaptation (Jerome Halligan, vol. 1+2; Rob Valois, vol. 3) makes the choice to keep/drop those copulas. This Mr. Halligan cut out unyuu, ~desu, and ~na no. 'Boku' is almost impossible to translate in English since we don't have a special masculine way of speaking.

~Kashira should be translated as "I wonder," since that's basically what it means. But it'll probably be cut out as well.

On a side note, volume 3 has a rather large number of glaring spelling/grammar errors which annoyed me to no end. Fansub groups have better editing/QCing than Tokyopop's Rozen Maiden manga.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:38   Link #98
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Kashira might be translated into "I wonder", but boku doesn't stand a chance - even the fansubbers didn't keep it. After all, it's not exactly a word you can translate. I hope Tokyopop at least add a side note that says that Sou refers to herself as a male.
Im pretty sure Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth referred to herself as "Boku" or something, but i don#'t think Tokyopop kept that.

I wish Del Ray had done the translation now. They keep things like that usually (they kept Hitszuten or whatever its called in XXXholic, and just give notes on stuff like that on the end.)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan

That is probably up to the person who does the localization of the manga; i.e., making the translator's Engrish into English, as well as changing the way the characters speak to reflect their personalities. Whomever does the English adaptation (Jerome Halligan, vol. 1+2; Rob Valois, vol. 3) makes the choice to keep/drop those copulas. This Mr. Halligan cut out unyuu, ~desu, and ~na no. 'Boku' is almost impossible to translate in English since we don't have a special masculine way of speaking.

~Kashira should be translated as "I wonder," since that's basically what it means. But it'll probably be cut out as well.

On a side note, volume 3 has a rather large number of glaring spelling/grammar errors which annoyed me to no end. Fansub groups have better editing/QCing than Tokyopop's Rozen Maiden manga

Volume 3 is out already, Kashira? (if tokyopop shalls silance kana, ill say it for her.)
Old 2007-01-05, 16:41   Link #99
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Yes, as I mentioned elsewhere, the Borders in my town released a few 01/02 and 01/09 mangas way early for some reason.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:51   Link #100
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Quote:
Yes, as I mentioned elsewhere, the Borders in my town released a few 01/02 and 01/09 mangas way early for some reason.
Really? Which borders was it?

Tags
fantasy, seinen