AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 31.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-22, 11:35   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:32   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is quite unfortunate they couldn't pull the character interactions before so it becomes a bit awkward here considering how close Sakura/Aoi and Kyouko/Makoto are by the time we reach this arc. It was going more on the development tangeant despite it was a succession of investigations and trials thus far.

They missed quite a few things, especially regarding Kyouko and Alter Ego there, which are quite relevant later on...:
Spoiler for missing parts:
Frankly, minimizing AE's implication and Kyouko's anger was really not a good idea in my books but well...
At the very least they could pulled it, but I have a very very bad feeling because they didn't even start the investigation. And this case probably need even more time than case 3 for the investigation and the trial. But considering how they fared thus far, they will most likely wrap everything next week OTZ.

Still, I find it funny the anime shows a rule, to immediately break it by the end of it... good job lerche staff.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-08-23 at 11:49.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:09   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-08-22, 15:46   Link #4
AC-Phoenix
Detective

WoW they totally played down how mad Kirigiri actually was lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-08-22, 16:00   Link #5
Solitaired

There is a lot of content in this episode. I'll list them out according to episode order for easy reference.

Spoiler for Current Episode:

It is very likely that the next episode will continue with the rest of the investigation and the trial thereafter without a time break for deduction.

This case requires those clues so I think all clues relevant to this case should be listed here. No point of avoiding spoiling the evidences if you can't even use them yourself. What's the verdict on this?
Old 2013-08-22, 16:19   Link #6
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
investigation and the trial thereafter without a time break for deduction.

This case requires those clues so I think all clues relevant to this case should be listed here. No point of avoiding spoiling the evidences if you can't even use them yourself. What's the verdict on this?
Actually investigation is not fully done yet, and will continue next episode .
Thus far all the clues necessary to solve the case have been presented. - the missing ones will be in the next episode.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-08-22, 16:24   Link #7
Solitaired

What I'm trying to say is that next episode will be the continuation of the investigation AND the trial. What is the use of showing the necessary evidence and going into the trial 5 minutes later for the anime viewers point of view
Old 2013-08-22, 16:26   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It doesn't matter that the investigation will continue next week, because they will very likely combine the investigation AND the trial.
I guess it will require a pseudo spoiler listing of the clues.
Old 2013-08-22, 16:29   Link #9
Solitaired

It is really stupid to show the magazine and Monokuma bottles without explaining anything. They might as well cut out all that and let Aoi continue her speech
Old 2013-08-23, 09:17   Link #10
Quol
That Guy

does anyone else find the monokuma dancing in the opening really funny

but aside from that i found this episode really good considering they condensed a 1+ hour long series of events into around 20-30 minutes although i wouldve liked to see more of kirigiri's anger and the investigation clues to not have been showing up so fast without an explanation it was still within what i can accept

Spoiler for Case:
Old 2013-08-23, 09:22   Link #11
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The door actually WAS locked. If you look closely, you can see how Naegi opens the lock after breaking the glass. I guess the glass simply didn't count as "part of the door", or he was allowed to break it just this once so they can reach the corpse.

About the murder:
It is possible that Sakura let herself be killed by Aoi, to make sure that she doesn't have to suffer in her place, and to get her out of the school. I think poison may have been the "murder weapon" used by aoi to kill her in the end. The wounds on the head are probably just self inflicted and therefore "fake".
Old 2013-08-23, 09:40   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The door actually WAS locked. If you look closely, you can see how Naegi opens the lock after breaking the glass. I guess the glass simply didn't count as "part of the door", or he was allowed to break it just this once so they can reach the corpse.
That's a mistake from the anime. The door is not supposed to have a lock at all. The glass is considered as part of the door, and as such, if it was really like that in the game, Makoto would have been punished on the spot.
Normally, the recreation room door is supposed to be stuck by a chair alone.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:46   Link #13
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's a mistake from the anime. The door is not supposed to have a lock at all. The glass is considered as part of the door, and as such, if it was really like that in the game, Makoto would have been punished on the spot.
Normally, the recreation room door is supposed to be stuck by a chair alone.
But the bedrooms all have locks... that was said at the beginning of the series... Also without locks on the bedrooms you could simply invade a room and attack someone while they sleep...

Of course, it is possible that the lock simply was not in the "closed" state in the game. Well I don't know because I didn't play the game.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:48   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
But the bedrooms all have locks... that was said at the beginning of the series... Also without locks on the bedrooms you could simply invade a room and attack someone while they sleep...

Of course, it is possible that the lock simply was not in the "closed" state in the game. Well I don't know because I didn't play the game.
The bedrooms having a lock do not mean all of the rooms in the school have a lock to begin with. In fact, the vast majority of the facilities in the academy doesn't have a lock at all. Only personal facilities and important one such like the data management room and the headmaster office can be locked by an appropriate key.

And no, it isn't that it wasn't "closed". Kyouko outright tells Makoto the door is certainly not locked, exactly because the recreation room doesn't have a lock to begin with. That's the very point that allowed Makoto to burst the door open without being afraid of being punished.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:24   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Never mind... I thought the room Sakura was found in was actually her own bedroom. But I just realized that it is not.
Old 2013-08-23, 13:36   Link #16
HandofFate

hm, sounds like this could be a tragic end if Aoi is the killer.

When they showed Sakura's body, she was smiling. I think Sakura let Aoi kill her, and attempt to frame one of the others so she can get out.

Everyone's fuses are getting lit up now, and all the stronger personalities are clashing now.

Also,
Sakura x Aoi yuri pairing.
I'm all for it.
Old 2013-08-23, 14:00   Link #17
Solitaired

Her death pose is a famous parody, smiles included. Danganronpa is filled with parodies which none are shown in the anime.
Old 2013-08-23, 15:32   Link #18
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I really enjoyed this episode. Partly since it shows some of the characters trying to fight back against Monobear, which we haven't really seen a lot of since Junko was taken out.

Fewer characters also means that each one gets more focus, and the interpersonal dynamics get a bit more well-developed. It was good to see Makoto and Kyouko's relationship come back to the fore again, and with a fair number of scenes involving just the two of them.

While I respect Klash's critique, I think the anime has made it clear that Sakura/Aoi and Makoto/Kyouko are two of the "pairs" of this show, and that Sakura/Aoi are good friends. Granted, the intensity of Sakura and Aoi's friendship was maybe a bit surprising, what with Sakura going totally super-saiyan over finding out that Aoi had been attacked. And apparently this is one show where going super-saiyan is a bad thing, given what happened to Ishimaru and now Sakura.

This case is interesting simply from a personality standpoint. It's a very safe bet that Makoto and Kyouko aren't the killer, of course. While the "Sakura asked Aoi to kill her so that Aoi could escape" theory is an interesting one, I really doubt that Sakura and/or Aoi would be willing to throw Makoto, Kyouko, or even Yasuhiro under the bus like that. So I don't think that Aoi is the killer.

So, then we come to Togami, Genocider, and Yasuhiro.

Let's face it, Yasuhiro is a wimp. I really have a hard time seeing him attempting to kill the huge and powerful Sakura.

I think that Togami is too smart to do this. I mean, everybody heard him talk negatively about Sakura. It would be very risky for him to kill Sakura after that, and hope to not get found guilty for it.

So then there is Genocider, who seems too obvious.

Hhmmm... interesting trial when you think of the possible suspects!
Old 2013-08-23, 15:40   Link #19
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm calling it a suicide.

Also, Kirigiri: Super Duper High School Principal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I really enjoyed this episode. Partly since it shows some of the characters trying to fight back against Monobear, which we haven't really seen a lot of since Junko was taken out.

Fewer characters also means that each one gets more focus, and the interpersonal dynamics get a bit more well-developed. It was good to see Makoto and Kyouko's relationship come back to the fore again, and with a fair number of scenes involving just the two of them.

While I respect Klash's critique, I think the anime has made it clear that Sakura/Aoi and Makoto/Kyouko are two of the "pairs" of this show, and that Sakura/Aoi are good friends. Granted, the intensity of Sakura and Aoi's friendship was maybe a bit surprising, what with Sakura going totally super-saiyan over finding out that Aoi had been attacked.
If anything, I find Makoto and Kirigiri's relationship more out of the blue. Aoi and Sakura got along early on, and they look like the type to get attached easily.

But what has there been between Makoto and Kirigiri for them to expect much trust from each other?
Old 2013-08-23, 15:40   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Aoi really is the only suspect at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm calling it a suicide.
as handsoffate suggest, it is probably a Suicide-Murder.