AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 15:47   Link #941
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Old 2011-10-07, 03:37   Link #942
Qwib

Hey Guys I've got a quick question.

What is considered to be canon? The movies or the TV show?

Personally I preferred the show over the movie due, to the more flushed out and flowing characters. But that is to be expected due to the amount of time a series has to develop characters, whilst movies are confined to a set amount of hours.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Qwib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:50   Link #943
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwib View Post
Hey Guys I've got a quick question.

What is considered to be canon? The movies or the TV show?

Personally I preferred the show over the movie due, to the more flushed out and flowing characters. But that is to be expected due to the amount of time a series has to develop characters, whilst movies are confined to a set amount of hours.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Nah, it's okay. The Q&A thread would be more appropiate, but any thread serves.

None of them are "canon" yet, as the next Macross project hasn't rolled around yet. There are multiple manga adoptations and spin-offs which have differing plots and ending, all of which are not canon, either. Although I'd say that all adaptations I've seen have a similar SxA slant, so take that for what it's worth.

Anyway, I certainly hope that they let Michael live for the ""official" continuity.
Old 2011-10-07, 04:05   Link #944
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I also didn't know the TV series isn't consider canon, after all the funding place into it and its 25 episodes of work but I won't complain, I'll be jumping in joy, if they remade the series with more potent and clear evidences that Sheryl x Alto are official.
Old 2011-10-07, 04:22   Link #945
Qwib

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Although I'd say that all adaptations I've seen have a similar SxA slant, so take that for what it's worth.
It does seem that the stuff I've read/watched hints towards SherylxAlto, which is disappointing for a Ranka Fan haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Anyway, I certainly hope that they let Michael live for the ""official" continuity.
Speaking of Michael did he actually die in the movie? Last I thing I remember in was Michael looking pretty badly hurt. But I agree it would be great if Michael survived the whole fiasco but in saying that I felt that one of the most powerful moments in the show was when he died.
Old 2011-10-07, 05:07   Link #946
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwib View Post
Speaking of Michael did he actually die in the movie? Last I thing I remember in was Michael looking pretty badly hurt. But I agree it would be great if Michael survived the whole fiasco but in saying that I felt that one of the most powerful moments in the show was when he died.
I personally think you'd enjoy the second film more if you wait until it's out on BD/DVD in less than a month

(though if you really don't want to wait, you can ask/search in the 2nd movie thread...)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 08:50   Link #947
Qwib

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I personally think you'd enjoy the second film more if you wait until it's out on BD/DVD in less than a month

(though if you really don't want to wait, you can ask/search in the 2nd movie thread...)
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd movie. If my memory serves me correctly it comes out 20th October.
Old 2011-10-25, 13:45   Link #948
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

The origin of "loveslinger" Sheryl:

Old 2011-10-26, 04:01   Link #949
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^That explains a lot.