AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-04-07, 04:33   Link #81
tem

I downloaded the first episode on a whim and was actually pleased. I like Seiji's character already.

I haven't read the manga, so I was a little weirded out by her becoming his right hand and all...but I guess I'll get used to it as the series goes on? (hopefully)
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 04:40   Link #82
evrpunk53
Webhost/Distro :)

Ahh it was funny haha I hope some other releases from other groups get put out
if you want AE's version i have it on http pm me...
evrpunk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 04:44   Link #83
KamelRed
I put the z0r in w00t.

Having no clue what this anime was about I downloaded the first episode.

After the end of the episode I was left with myself shaking my head while saying "wtf" out loud. But the comedy alone hooked me, I'll defiantly be looking forward to the next episodes.
KamelRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 06:01   Link #84
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

okay, I've watched all of AE's first episode.

Now a good thing to note is that the opening is pretty good and the ending theme is great. Having a good OP/ED always helps. (especially the ED, it's catchy and it sounds different and somehow unique from most of the stuff I've been hearing recently)

Animation, as I mentioned above, is really good. The view of Midori's house could've used a better implementation of CG though.

Also, the part with Seiji going to Midori's house: I hope it's followed by what happens in the manga in the next one or two episodes. The one they had in the episode right now is kinda lacking.

Other than these two points, the anime was quite good IMO.
Old 2004-04-07, 09:20   Link #85
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Just watched the ep. What can I say? It was as good as I thought it would be.

I liked the cat, its like Trigun's cat, hehe.

As I said before though I don't want this to be a 26 eps anime, cause I can't wait to see Midori as a real girl.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 10:25   Link #86
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Since I've heard some concern about "bathroom humor", I'll say this. I've read a few volumes, and I've only caught two bad parts: one, the realization that Midori must eliminate straight through Seiji(that is, the same blood vessels flow through both, so his waste disposal mechanisms take care of both) The only other thing is that right-handed Seiji has a little trouble handling his zipper with his left hand, and Midori is just a little over-eager to help her beloved out of ANY jam. Otherwise, it's not too bad.
As for plot, I have high hopes. There have been many hints and clues in what I've read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Keep up the seeds!

you forget about...

Spoiler:

god i hope they animate that chapter
Old 2004-04-07, 10:37   Link #87
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
you forget about...

Spoiler:

god i hope they animate that chapter

*SCHWING!!!!*

Ori: There's probably a fairly good chance that it'll be longer than 26 episodes, seeing that the manga's not even close to being over yet.
Old 2004-04-07, 12:39   Link #88
LoStSouLs
LoSt

Send a message via AIM to LoStSouLs
For this series, i didnt really know what to expect. I had heard from friends about how good the manga was. So when i saw it available to dl, I was wondering how it would turn out. Im glad that i decided to dl it because it was pretty darn cool.
LoStSouLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 13:05   Link #89
ryublade

I just watched the first episode and I have to say I found it quite good. Admittedly the characters weren't as nicely drawn as the manga but quite in synch with this genre of anime. It's much better than what happened to Flame of Recca. I actually saw the anime for FOR first and was left with the impression that FOR wasn't very interesting. Imagine my surprise when I finally got around to reading the manga (FOR is definitely much better in manga version)

Anyways, Midori no Hibi is one manga I have been looking forward to seeing animated for quite awhile since it is quite funny. I got my brother hooked on it. Thanks Snoopycool for translating such a great romantic comedy manga. Now if only they would animate Yakitate! Japan (another great Snoopycool production!!)

Midori no Hibi might need its own forum thread since it's already at 5 pages with the first episode barely out. Hope the admins will consider this.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 14:52   Link #90
7thMethuselah

Oh My God ......

that about describes my feeling when I saw the first episode, where do they keep getting the idea's

I must say I really really enjoyed this episode (animeKeep version), it was cute, funny, amusing, completely wacko and the bowling scenes are just soooo cool
This is a show I'll definatelly follow. Hard to judge characters at this point since none have been introduced yet apart from the two main (or 1 ) chars. Let's hope this becomes an awesome anime !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:04   Link #91
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Another group subbing this title is called ^_^. Wait a minute, is this the name of a real group?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:08   Link #92
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Another group subbing this title is called ^_^. Wait a minute, is this the name of a real group?
Don't get that one. They SUCK. A LOT
Old 2004-04-07, 15:40   Link #93
FlyByNite

When the anime was mentioned as upcoming I went and looked at the manga translated by SnoopyCool and really liked it.

The anime's first ep was pretty good, surprised they snuck actual nipples in there...

I also don't remember Shiori appearing in the manga that soon, but I could be mistaken. She's the little girl with the crush on Seiji who runs up the steps and teases him about becoming his girlfriend.

Then we also see the creepy doll-obsessed guy who was briefly shown in school.

The opening and closing are nice.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:00   Link #94
eLstar
(^_^)v

For a anime series that's based on comedy I was surprised to see the level of animation for the cool but brief fight scene. the animation in this series is amazing, and the story is just too funny not to check out.

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:41   Link #95
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
I watched the promo's and the first episode and I think this is one for the record.

Just darn hilarious, like
Spoiler:

Hope the other eps are of the same caliber.

Last edited by TDKNL; 2004-04-07 at 17:12.
TDKNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:51   Link #96
BOZZY

I was surprised they introduced a few of the characters a tad early like that little girl who calls Seiji older brother (onee-chan, was it?) and the guy with glasses (can't remember his name)...

Aside from that it's a really cute show... I can't wait to see if it'll have some kind of a conclusive end or leave the ending open like the manga...

It'd be cool if they had one of those Osamu Tezuka omake (I think it was from Midori no Hibi that there was the "God of Manga" meeting the mangaka of Midori no Hibi) as a little extra whenever the DVDs are released...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:06   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It bothers me that all these characters are being introduced so early. That will destroy the sense of surprise that you get when you meet them for the first time. Like the guy with the doll for instance. When his episode finally happens people will be like, "Oh! It's the weird guy with the doll." Instead of simply reacting to the circumstances of their meeting.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:39   Link #98
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Though I was incredibly skeptical about Midori no Hibi's basic concept, its first episode completely won me over. It's cute, bizarre and absolutely hilarious. The crazy slapstick humor reminds me somewhat of Fruits Basket, but MnH doesn't seem to be quite so sugary sweet.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:54   Link #99
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
I liked the 1st episode it was pretty damn funny. The only thing that bothers me is Midori. She's too...... devoting i guess. She is kinda annoying. I hope that she doesnt stay like that for the whole series.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 18:26   Link #100
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
I liked the 1st episode it was pretty damn funny. The only thing that bothers me is Midori. She's too...... devoting i guess. She is kinda annoying. I hope that she doesnt stay like that for the whole series.
Haha Midori gets even more devoting later on in the series. just you wait, that freaky shirt she wores everywhere annoys me somewhat.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote