AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 10:51   Link #21
usagijen

I wasn't really expecting to find OverDrive enjoyable at first (when I saw it in the list of upcoming animes)... but I enjoyed watching it a lot~! ^____^ About Mikoto being pathetic at this point, I think that makes you want to watch more of this anime, as you want to see just how he will become a great cycler (as was seen in the first part of the first episode :3)

Watched the first two eps, and wasn't quite contented and spoiled myself by reading the rest of volume 1 XD -> It was quite faithful to the manga (comparing with how episodes 1 and 2 progressed). The dialogues were almost the same too, which will make my life easier in terms of understanding the coming episodes ^^''''' I find the dialogues really cheesy, but enjoyably so XDD

I'll be watching out for this every week (since I got my brothers hooked on it too ), so anyone who wants to go read the summaries can just go to my blog :3

or access these links for the episodes:

Episode 1 summary
Episode 2 summary

(will be updating my episode 2 summary with screenshots once I get some free time tomorrow ^-^)

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-15 at 11:15.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:57   Link #22
Hydex

Lame. The shining bicycle a the end of ep 1 was just so ... lame. xD
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:26   Link #23
LCeh

Question: Will this anime have romance elements in it, like Nagisa ME Kourin? Or will it be strictly shounen, ie. just about sports and the main character achieving his goals.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:30   Link #24
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Question: Will this anime have romance elements in it, like Nagisa ME Kourin? Or will it be strictly shounen, ie. just about sports and the main character achieving his goals.
Seeing the first episode, I would be extremely surprised if there's no romance. sigh
Old 2007-04-15, 15:39   Link #25
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Seeing the first episode, I would be extremely surprised if there's no romance. sigh
Haha, thanks. I didn't want to compare it to Suzuka, cause Suzuka is actually more about romance than the sport itself, but I am guessing it will be kinda like Nagisa ME Kourin then. I guess I will give this one a try.
Old 2007-04-15, 17:23   Link #26
Kingdom
Romance addict

Hmmm, a bunch of WTF moments in the first episode but if there's romance, even a slight amount, I'll probably stick with this; Shinozaki and Fukuzawa look like pretty interesting characters.
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 22:37   Link #27
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Can someone explain to be why he pants randomly fell down?
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 01:17   Link #28
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
Can someone explain to be why he pants randomly fell down?
Just randomness , anyway watched 01 and 02 and i liked it i'll start releasing raws for this most likely starting with episode 03
Old 2007-04-17, 08:59   Link #29
Saihig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
Hmmm, a bunch of WTF moments in the first episode but if there's romance, even a slight amount, I'll probably stick with this; Shinozaki and Fukuzawa look like pretty interesting characters.
Yeah, those WTF moments are due to anfs' horrid subbing. That first episode of Overdrive had to be one of the worst fansubs I've ever seen. Practically every single line was screwed up. I am not exaggerating. They really need a translator. Releasing stuff like that is just hurtful to the anime.

I just called them on it at their forums and within 5 minutes my post was removed. The admin said to pm him cause he won't allow complaints in the forum. :P Someome's desperate to cover things up.

There's one of those instant message things on the forum that you can use for chatting and when I tried to mention it there, it was promptly erased too.

I don't know what this fansub group's agenda is but be weary of anfs.
Saihig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:11   Link #30
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Mendoi's version is in progress, so if you can wait just a little while longer, we should be up and running.
Old 2007-04-17, 16:16   Link #31
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

It'll soon be out.
I would like to specify tho that any help is welcome. We could really use some
editors or timers to speed up the project.

Last edited by ScR3WiEuS; 2007-04-17 at 17:34.
ScR3WiEuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:25   Link #32
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep3:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 10:59   Link #33
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
once again an enjoyable episode
posted the summary of episode 3 (and some spoilers, especially about the girl with glasses) in my blog for anyone who wants to see
Overdrive Episode 3

I was just surprised that they already decided to let us see a glimpse of this girl when she doesn't appear till volume 5 of the manga o__o

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-19, 18:36   Link #34
ahpshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Opening theme: 少年カミカゼ - 「WINDER~ボクハココニイル~」 (SHONEN KAMIKAZE - 「WINDER ~boku wa koko ni iru~」)
...and I couldn't find anything about the ED.
ED:
Merry - Saihate no Parade
ahpshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 18:58   Link #35
CessBlue

Is this anime like Golden Boy?
CessBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:21   Link #36
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessBlue View Post
Is this anime like Golden Boy?
eh? o.O

I haven't really seen Golden Boy... and I don't think I'll ever do so because the fanservice puts me off. Given that aspect, it's not like Golden Boy... The plot would most likely be different since OverDrive is a sports anime, in which the focus of the story is more on Mikoto's development from a weak spineless guy to a great cycler (and the relationships that he forms with the people around him in the process). Perhaps not as witty as Golden Boy (as far as I know o.o;; ), but a very exciting and fun anime to watch nonetheless.

I'm not sure if there are similarities in other aspects of the plot and all o__o
Old 2007-04-19, 21:44   Link #37
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
eh? o.O

I haven't really seen Golden Boy... and I don't think I'll ever do so because the fanservice puts me off. Given that aspect, it's not like Golden Boy... The plot would most likely be different since OverDrive is a sports anime, in which the focus of the story is more on Mikoto's development from a weak spineless guy to a great cycler (and the relationships that he forms with the people around him in the process). Perhaps not as witty as Golden Boy (as far as I know o.o;; ), but a very exciting and fun anime to watch nonetheless.

I'm not sure if there are similarities in other aspects of the plot and all o__o
from the first episodes I have the feeling this will be more about romance than sport, right?
Old 2007-04-19, 21:52   Link #38
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
from the first episodes I have the feeling this will be more about romance than sport, right?
Having read some of the manga, I can say that this series will put a lot of weight on sports as well. Unlike Suzuka, which basically throws track completely out of the window, this one will talk a lot about the sport. In fact, I would say this manga focuses more on the sport than the romance aspect.
Old 2007-04-20, 04:30   Link #39
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Having read some of the manga, I can say that this series will put a lot of weight on sports as well. Unlike Suzuka, which basically throws track completely out of the window, this one will talk a lot about the sport. In fact, I would say this manga focuses more on the sport than the romance aspect.
well, the "sports" part (Mikoto's interest to try cycling) stemmed from his romance / admiration for Fukazawa... and then it focuses much more on the sports after that... More on Mikoto's development and hardships in cycling, with just little subtle hints of romance development, but not that much
Old 2007-04-20, 10:03   Link #40
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
well, the "sports" part (Mikoto's interest to try cycling) stemmed from his romance / admiration for Fukazawa... and then it focuses much more on the sports after that... More on Mikoto's development and hardships in cycling, with just little subtle hints of romance development, but not that much
Yea, that's what I meant to say, you put it way better than I did.

Tags
drama, sports