AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 17:29   Link #301
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I hope most of the signers realize one problem: IW is not going to fix it upon release, nor will they push the release date back. It's already gold. They can't pull production without significant loss. IW is probably going to fix it, but people are going to have to wait for a later patch.

The real mistake they made was not announcing this earlier to measure the response. It's too late now. They may have been in over their heads, I don't know.

Does that mean I'll buy it? Yeah, probably. Just not now. I have never and probably won't in the foreseeable future pay $60 for a game. It's a ridiculous price for any game. I can see $30 for the single player and nominal multiplayer.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 06:27   Link #302
killer3000ad

Sacre bleu! Someone managed to get a French copy of the console MW2

Second video here showcases a Gears of War third person style, for peeps who have trouble (wtf?) with first person perspective.

All in all, pretty blurry footage here. Wish it was a PC copy instead, so we could have see how this IWNET thing works.
Old 2009-10-26, 22:24   Link #303
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Yep, there's a third person mode.

http://kotaku.com/5390491/modern-war...de-is-no-rumor

I think what they mean is "lololololMetal Gear Online."

It actually sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 2009-10-26, 22:48   Link #304
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Yep, there's a third person mode.

http://kotaku.com/5390491/modern-war...de-is-no-rumor

I think what they mean is "lololololMetal Gear Online."

It actually sounds like a lot of fun.
ehhh that does sound pretty interesting indeed cause theres one thing I like very much is the 3rd person game play of Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, if it works even smoother than that, its win for me.

damn i really can't wait for this game, gonna be awesome!
Old 2009-10-27, 06:16   Link #305
killer3000ad

More leaked video from the dude/gal who managed to squirrel away a console copy early. This one has MAJOR SPOILERS related to the terrorist attack at an airport that's often showed in several preview vids.

Spoiler:

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2009-10-27 at 06:37.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 08:54   Link #306
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Funny how we were talking about how "Modern Warfare" isn't "Black and White" but "shades of grey" with "collateral damage" in the early part of this thread. I guess IW want to hit home about the grim reality of war.

Now how about taking it to a own new level by killing off young children ?

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-10-27 at 09:15.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 21:34   Link #307
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Why. Is there. A TACTICAL NUKE KILLSTREAK REWARD? Somebody PLEASE explain this to me.

Oh, and you can crawl on Last Stand now. This is going to be great. *facepalm*
Old 2009-11-01, 22:05   Link #308
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Yup. The new aspects of multiplayer kinda irk me... but seeing as how I really won't have time to play any multiplayer, I really don't give a fuck. As long as the campaigns are still as fun and cinematic as all the other CoD games, I'm fine.
Old 2009-11-02, 07:35   Link #309
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Why. Is there. A TACTICAL NUKE KILLSTREAK REWARD? Somebody PLEASE explain this to me.

Oh, and you can crawl on Last Stand now. This is going to be great. *facepalm*
Someone made a mod for CoD 4 a year ago with the AC-130 and tact nuke and IW incorporated those ideas into MW2.

Old 2009-11-02, 09:44   Link #310
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Good grief.

Someone just spoiled me with the ending of MW2, which he said was kinda meh. I looked it up and was like
Spoiler:

I'll probably not go into its MP scenario if I get myself a copy of MW2, since the campaign mode and the Special Ops mode are quite intriguing to play.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 20:05   Link #311
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBorn View Post
No offense, but if you don't understand the significance of the changes then you are clearly 1) not a competitive player, 2) not a league player, or 3) haven't experienced game play on listen servers, or have knowledge of the difference between a listen and dedicated server.

I've played TFC and CS competitively and in leagues. This is all obviously done on dedicated servers. Both of these games are extremely competitive and difference in player skill is relevant. When you have a listen server, the host and players who have good connections to the host have a clear advantage. What would otherwise be a competitive game is given by default to the players with the host advantage. It is not fun. I have played on xbox live a lot, and in a game like CoD4 where you are often killed instantly, being stuck with 300ms+ pings make it absolutely impossible to play. The only way you get kills is by sneaking up on people who aren't moving, or by leading your shots against players who are lagging too or aim terribly. If you cannot understand how that even as a casual player this would ruin your game, then I don't know what else I can say. I'm not even going to get into all the other problems with this, because it's unnecessary.
That's what troubled me about MW2 right now. It's apparent that the matchmaking service is how they decided to fix the massive difference in perks and equipment in multiplayer. It was bearable in CoD4 but for MW2, instead of alleviating that problem, they magnified the difference and then tried to pair people who would be capable of the same level of map destruction together. From the perspective of one who prefers skill-based games, I feel that this is criminal negligence in game design.
Old 2009-11-04, 04:21   Link #312
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Good grief.

Someone just spoiled me with the ending of MW2, which he said was kinda meh. I looked it up and was like
Spoiler:

I'll probably not go into its MP scenario if I get myself a copy of MW2, since the campaign mode and the Special Ops mode are quite intriguing to play.
Well, having some connections and actually playing through the game (not my game, it's theirs!), I'd have to say that's not the only plot twists. Though of course I went "wtf" at what happens in the second part of your spoiler when it did happen, and it does. Not the only "wtf" moment that occurs in game... I can list many, many more.
Oh and in regards to Shepherd, it definitely makes room for a MW3, despite IW denying anything about it at this point. And it makes sense regarding Shepherd since
Spoiler:

Anyways, very fun game, definitely lives up to its hype for me. Although the friend won't let me connection onto XBOX Live for obvious reasons.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 10:54   Link #313
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

LAUNCH TRAILER GO!!!!

Not sure about whether I like Eminem being on the trailer, but damn the combat scenes are

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 11:41   Link #314
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm...I thought the choppers dropping out of the sky were Longbow Apaches but the spherical radar periscopes on top of the main rotors would rather belong to the Russian MIL Mi-28N Havocs...so it's just not some sort of Washington secession, huh?

I wonder if the attacker force used the trick Tom Clancy used in Red Storm Rising, i.e
Spoiler for RSR plot:
to smuggle that kind of equipment inside the US.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:55   Link #315
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Oh and in regards to Shepherd, it definitely makes room for a MW3, despite IW denying anything about it at this point. And it makes sense regarding Shepherd since
Spoiler:
I think I've seen the plot before, but where? wonder how the events will be wrapped up in MW3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Hmmm...I thought the choppers dropping out of the sky were Longbow Apaches but the spherical radar periscopes on top of the main rotors would rather belong to the Russian MIL Mi-28N Havocs...so it's just not some sort of Washington secession, huh?

I wonder if the attacker force used the trick Tom Clancy used in Red Storm Rising, i.e
Spoiler for RSR plot:
I was thinking of World in Conflict when I read the spoiler.

and yeah, the trailer is sickly awesome
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 12:31   Link #316
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

RSR came first - it was, after all, written at the end of the Cold War and IMHO remains one of the best WWIII novels ever written.

As for the APC shooting at the house, was that a BTR80? Jesus, how did they get so much Soviet hardware stateside?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-11-05 at 12:57.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 18:33   Link #317
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post

Spoiler for RSR plot:
Well, I think there were two possible routes:
-head southwest of the Pacific and around the coast of Africa into the Atlantic.
-pass the Bering Strait and go through the Arctic Ocean and then descend into the Atlantic.

Don't think there was that much smuggling to do anyways, since Washington D.C. is literally right on the coast... unless we were talking about the U.S. Navy being involved.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 21:37   Link #318
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
LAUNCH TRAILER GO!!!!

Not sure about whether I like Eminem being on the trailer, but damn the combat scenes are
I really don't like that kind of music but I thought it was perfect for that video.

I am so pissed that I have to wait 2 weeks until the PC version comes out. It is going to be nearly impossible not to cave, drive over to my friends place, hijack his 360, and play this non-stop.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 22:07   Link #319
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I really don't like that kind of music but I thought it was perfect for that video.

I am so pissed that I have to wait 2 weeks until the PC version comes out. It is going to be nearly impossible not to cave, drive over to my friends place, hijack his 360, and play this non-stop.
we are on the same boat, bought mine from amazon. i got standard shipping. won't come until 16-18th of NOV. not a problem for me, only problem is 9v9 max sounds lame
Old 2009-11-05, 22:48   Link #320
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Ha! I've got you all beat!I didn't even preorder it!

Not that it matters, since my Xbox 360 HD just died on me. At first I was all mopey, but then I realized that it was probably for the best since I would be super busy with school until mid-December.