Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-08, 12:25   Link #141
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Why do you consider them stupid?
If blasting hundreds of not moving not retailating grunts while you remain stationary rotating like an idiot while not getting shot at is not stupid. I don't know what is
If your back cannon your side rail cannon cannot aim and rotate at a hemisphere fashion and your gundam appearently does not move when its shooting. Shooting down hundreds of again brain dead targets and light it up like fireworks it's just an ultimate insult to ones intelligence. Oh forgot to add. You know those side missiles on meteor? They frickin fire like beams in some shots, dont you find that amusing, yet insulting? The ultimate insult to you and people who thinks that SEED GW is awsome is: You are part of a blaten marketing campaign and it's so obvious..but you cannot see it.
Old 2007-10-08, 12:33   Link #142
4Tran

You didn't actually justify any of you reasoning with that rant. Would you like to try again?
Old 2007-10-08, 12:43   Link #143
4Tran

When most people try to justify their positions, they'd say something along the lines of "X is stupid...
- because it's not realistic"
- because it's not interesting"
- because it's not dramatic"
- because it's not sexy enough"
- because it's not exciting"

and so on. Is throwing petty insults really the best you can do? Or do you actually have something to contribute?
Old 2007-10-08, 12:47   Link #144
4Tran

In what way is it not intelligent enough?
Old 2007-10-08, 12:53   Link #145
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

What's the normal thing to do when you see someone sitting there rotating like a door nob spamming? You cap his ass right? But nooo all the grunts shit their pants and stopped moving and shooting. Is that intelligence? or is that just retarded.
Same crap with SEED. I don't need to say the same crap again right? Or do I have to?
Finally, repeat after me. Missile lunchers dont shoot out beams! got it? MISSILE LAUNCHERS DONT SHOOT OUT BEAMS!
Old 2007-10-08, 13:20   Link #146
4Tran

There's no such thing as "stopping" in space, and the METEOR missile launchers fire missiles (although they may look like beams for dramatic effect). Do you have any better arguments than that?
Old 2007-10-08, 13:27   Link #147
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

If that shit zero pulled isn't stopping what is I don't know. Trying to do the same thing and expect different result is insanity...I think I am insane trying to talk sense into you so this will end
Old 2007-10-08, 13:34   Link #148
edf91

[QUOTE=4Tran;1125423]
Spoiler for Zeta:

Actually, the way AEUG capture the colony laser is funny - AEUG just decide to bring the forces out, while Zeon has a bunch of rookies guarding it. Number wise, Zeon has the edge, but AEUG has the superiority in experience, and Haman decide not to waste too much resources defending it at that point and retreat.

The final fight is AEUG trying to fire the laser while Zeon AND Titans trying to destroy/capture the colony laser. The only reason AEUG managed to win is because everyone's forces is decided except for AEUG, since they just have to defend the colony laser. AEUG fire the laser, and they won by "default" because everybody else's forces are basically gone - no need to fight when you can barely muster enough force to retreat.

Scirocco cannot destroy the colony laser is kind of a "plot device" - I am sure he has enough time to disable a lot of the colony laser so the affect won't be huge, but the laser will still fire, and take out most of his forces. Not like The O is filled with firepower so he can destroy a whole colony by himself. Same apply to Haman. Typical strategist would never let this happen - letting AEUG taking the colony laser was simply a stupid move, so that's why I think it should be consider a plot device - it is there to introduce the final conflict/battle.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 15:54   Link #149
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
If that shit zero pulled isn't stopping what is I don't know. Trying to do the same thing and expect different result is insanity...I think I am insane trying to talk sense into you so this will end
The area of effect of Wing Zero's beams are *huge*. Freedom I am willing to accept has some very nice computers that can home those lasers along the path of greatest destruction without killing anybody.

Frankly, if you were moving in a slowass grunt suit, odds are, you wouldn't get away from those beams.
Old 2007-10-13, 02:44   Link #150
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
The area of effect of Wing Zero's beams are *huge*. Freedom I am willing to accept has some very nice computers that can home those lasers along the path of greatest destruction without killing anybody.
If this is the case then its not kira that is godly, its freedom and strike freedom that is godly.

This would suggest that AI is taking the calculations to minimize deaths. But perhaps its the Freedom/S Freedom AI that is godly not the pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Frankly, if you were moving in a slowass grunt suit, odds are, you wouldn't get away from those beams.
I dont beleive its the suit that is overly slow, I beleive its the pilot who is piloting it slow. I can understand Kira pulling a stunt off like that once, but humans have the ability to be intelligent enough to expect and attempt to avoid the second attack of the same nature.

Seed and GW have insulted the human intelligence multiple times when it comes to regular grunts. Poor ability of grunts not using common sense is not the best way to percieve Hero pilots to be godly. It may be effective to 13 year olds but as a 25 year old its not working. But i could be a minority here but im cool if ya disagree with me.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 04:39   Link #151
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
If this is the case then its not kira that is godly, its freedom and strike freedom that is godly.

This would suggest that AI is taking the calculations to minimize deaths. But perhaps its the Freedom/S Freedom AI that is godly not the pilot.
Since Kira was almost certainly the programer of the AI, I think the credit still goes to him.

Don't forget, pilot skills aside, Kira is a programing genius, even by Coordinator standards. While Athrun was equally gifted at engineering, hence able to create Tori, a supposed impossibility.
Old 2007-10-13, 08:49   Link #152
Neku
yare yare..

...is winter45 meaning that there is an AI that controls Freedom, or rather, Kira programmed the shots to be aimed anywhere but the cockpit?

Mm, I'm not sure if you understand that though. If you don't, then uh.. it doesn't matter. I just wanted to say .. that message you got is rather... offensive and at the same time, well, no offense; funny.

EDIT: Whoops! I forgot to say I was quoting VCV.

Last edited by Neku; 2007-10-15 at 11:08.
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:10   Link #153
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:

I reckon Kira would be the one to target specific parts of hostiles, whether the targeting system or Kira is the one actually *aiming* shots is up in the air, I guess. Probably a bit of both, and Kira I think would be doing most of the manuevering.

Quote:
I dont beleive its the suit that is overly slow, I beleive its the pilot who is piloting it slow. I can understand Kira pulling a stunt off like that once, but humans have the ability to be intelligent enough to expect and attempt to avoid the second attack of the same nature.

Seed and GW have insulted the human intelligence multiple times when it comes to regular grunts. Poor ability of grunts not using common sense is not the best way to percieve Hero pilots to be godly. It may be effective to 13 year olds but as a 25 year old its not working. But i could be a minority here but im cool if ya disagree with me.
I'm going to say the grunt-slaughters happened due to the apparent evidence of animators having very little time in which to, well, animate.

They don't intentionally "insult human intelligence"; portraying a decent fight between one very powerful unit and a horde of lesser units isn't that easy.

You see baddies in Martial Arts movies getting wiped out in a single kick, running in one at a time, same deal :P

I'm sure there's a few shows which go against this, but generally, this is what happens.
Old 2007-10-18, 23:38   Link #154
Demongod86

For Kira to actually aim that well that he can line up tens of suits on a single beam is beyond godlike. I am very much believing that the AI is the one doing the lining up such that at some point, a whole slew of MSes will be struck by the beams.

Kira, however, is the one selecting the targets, and the one that programmed the AI.

As for Wing Zero, those beams were flat out huge IIRC. Simply, there was no escape from them without the fastest MSes in existence (TG, Epyon)
Old 2007-10-19, 23:07   Link #155
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
The beams Wing Zero shot were rather inconsistent though however. When you see it fighting a ton of grunts, the beam will be big enough to completely consume dozens of them in that piss yellow coloring on the screen, but when you see it fight another main character like Zechs or whoever, the beam was usually not too much bigger than the mobile suit.
Old 2007-10-20, 00:09   Link #156
Demongod86

You think the Epyon will give the Wing Zero enough time to fully power that thing up like that?

Grunts can't hope to scratch a Wing Zero that's in top shape.

Sadly, Heero decided to be a nice guy to Wufei and get Zero really junked up in the process.
Old 2007-10-20, 00:18   Link #157
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
The beams Wing Zero shot were rather inconsistent though however. When you see it fighting a ton of grunts, the beam will be big enough to completely consume dozens of them in that piss yellow coloring on the screen, but when you see it fight another main character like Zechs or whoever, the beam was usually not too much bigger than the mobile suit.
lol settings, heard of them?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 01:06   Link #158
Darkside

Yea im sure there were settings, but the charge time for the beam of death mode was only like a second. That's barely a difference from the instantaneous shot.
Old 2007-10-20, 01:44   Link #159
Demongod86

A complete second? Are you serious? Against a speed and close range demon that was the Epyon? You have to be joking. The Zero tried blasting the Epyon. Epyon dodged it and removed the rifle with its whip.
Old 2007-10-20, 02:36   Link #160
Darkside

A second isn't really that long. It takes more than a second for the arm to reach into the beam sabers charge rack and then whip that out.