AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 15:27   Link #2001
KrimzonStriker

This is getting really off-topic guys, can we please stop already?
Old 2008-08-09, 20:14   Link #2002
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
This is getting really off-topic guys, can we please stop already?
Ha ha, I was wondering when someone was going to say something. Nah, I just thought I'd start a different discussion and, in the process, cause a little chaos by disrupting the established topic of this thread. I'm a regular Joker

Though it does seem this discussion has caught a bit of wind, so I just had this crazy idea to start a "Code Geass compared to other Media" thread. Or perhaps an "Introduce Characters from other Media into Code Geass" thread. What do you all think it should be? It should be a thread that could continue this conversation and create others like it ... or should I not make one at all?

Anyway, to kick things off back on the topic of Lelouch: Do you think Lelouch is going to stay on the path of the Demon King or do you think he'll see the light and redeem himself by the end of the series? I'm betting on the latter. At least I hope he does.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 20:23   Link #2003
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ha ha, I was wondering when someone was going to say something. Nah, I just thought I'd start a different discussion and, in the process, cause a little chaos by disrupting the established topic of this thread. I'm a regular Joker

Though it does seem this discussion has caught a bit of wind, so I just had this crazy idea to start a "Code Geass compared to other Media" thread. Or perhaps an "Introduce Characters from other Media into Code Geass" thread. What do you all think it should be? It should be a thread that could continue this conversation and create others like it ... or should I not make one at all?
You should suggest it to the mods Though I don't think the topic is something that will be able to sustain for too long... Well, it is worth trying I guess after such interesting discussion about the Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9
Anyway, to kick things off back on the topic of Lelouch: Do you think Lelouch is going to stay on the path of the Demon King or do you think he'll see the light and redeem himself by the end of the series? I'm betting on the latter. At least I hope he does.
After the recent events, I don't think Lelouch will be seeing light anywhere any time soon. But seeing that he will have a satisfactory ending, I guess he will somehow regret or mourn about his past. Meh, I think it would end morally, can't have Lelouch rampaging across the world or something immoral as that as a satisfactory ending now, can we? Unless Sunrise is planning to be innovative...
Old 2008-08-09, 20:33   Link #2004
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
You should suggest it to the mods Though I don't think the topic is something that will be able to sustain for too long... Well, it is worth trying I guess after such interesting discussion about the Joker
How would I go about doing that? Do I PM them? If so, who? Or is their a forum or some other special method?
Old 2008-08-09, 20:38   Link #2005
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
How would I go about doing that? Do I PM them? If so, who? Or is their a forum or some other special method?
There is a "Request for new thread" thread in the Code Geass forum; it is stickied. I suppose you can suggest it there.
Old 2008-08-09, 21:11   Link #2006
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Joker in Geass wouldn't be as bad as you think. The Joker with Geass, however...
There kinda is a Joker in Code Geass. Emperor Charles. They have similar philosophies. He thinks that morality and justice is a lie and that people are evil by nature.

"I wanted to see what you do and you did not disappoint. You let thousands of Japanese die. Then you let Euphemia take the blame. Even for a guy like me that's cold."

"You see their morals, their code. It's all a bad joke. They're dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. When the chips are down, these uh...these so called civilized people will eat each other. You see I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.".

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 2008-08-09 at 21:41.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 21:44   Link #2007
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
"I wanted to see what you do and you did not disappoint. You let thousands of Japanese die. Then you let Euphemia take the blame. Even for a guy like me that's cold."

"You see their morals, their code. It's all a bad joke. They're dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. When the chips are down, these uh...these so called civilized people will eat each other. You see I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.".
Ok, I know we should've dropped the Joker a long time ago and it's drifting off topic, but people need to consider the concept of an unreliable speaker.

The Joker is batshit insane. : | It doesn't matter what his claims of his philosophy are, in that scene he's trying to influence Dent to go all Nietzsche on everyone's ass to do his chaotic bidding. The most sense he truly makes is no sense. Just because he says something doesn't mean he actually believes it.

To make it Geass related, the Emperor can be seen as the same way. We're really unsure of what his real goals are, obviously related to the Ragnarok Connection, and he could easily be goading Lelouch by talking about how his "morals" conflict with his own. We're not too sure what Lelouch's purpose is to Charles, or if he has any at all. We CAN agree that the Euphie thing was cold, if even a little necessary.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 22:56   Link #2008
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
I think Lelouch will stay on this demon king path for a few episodes.

Spoiler for Lelouch:
Old 2008-08-10, 01:35   Link #2009
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
There is a "Request for new thread" thread in the Code Geass forum; it is stickied. I suppose you can suggest it there.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and pray for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Ok, I know we should've dropped the Joker a long time ago and it's drifting off topic, but people need to consider the concept of an unreliable speaker.

The Joker is batshit insane. : | It doesn't matter what his claims of his philosophy are, in that scene he's trying to influence Dent to go all Nietzsche on everyone's ass to do his chaotic bidding. The most sense he truly makes is no sense. Just because he says something doesn't mean he actually believes it.

To make it Geass related, the Emperor can be seen as the same way. We're really unsure of what his real goals are, obviously related to the Ragnarok Connection, and he could easily be goading Lelouch by talking about how his "morals" conflict with his own. We're not too sure what Lelouch's purpose is to Charles, or if he has any at all. We CAN agree that the Euphie thing was cold, if even a little necessary.
Great, I just spent the last 15 minutes posting a long response and then my Internet connection pusses out on me. 15 minutes straight down the crapper.

Well to summarize, what I basically was doing was comparing the Joker to Charles. They are both disgusted and/or hate the established order and want to change the world around them. Whereas Charles runs military campaigns and world conquest while working on his secret agenda, the Joker manipulates the people around him and poses ethically impossible decisions to people. And yes, since the Joker is insane, the best way we can determine what he's after is by his actions. The Joker seems to hat the establishe order and wants it destroyed, and although he states the contrary, he may be the biggest schemer of all since he planned his arrest, Harvey and Rachel's kidnappings, his escape, and Harvey's descension to the pat of destruction. Also, Charles may be more underhanded because, while he keeps his real intentions secret from the world, the Joker goes out and proves his point quite clearly and causes people to lose faith in the system.
Old 2008-08-10, 09:03   Link #2010
Sports72Xtrm

Well everything we predicted about Lelouch's crazy bad decision skills came correct and as usual everything blew up in his face.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:40   Link #2011
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

I think LElouch figure it out after seeing the scene again.
What a terrible ending no wonder he is go emo pissed because he knows he killed nunnally.
He did it. when Guildford says Live himesama.
He realized it was his command that lead suzaku to shoot what terrible end.
How can one forgive oneself for destroying the very thing that you are living for.
Irony and tragedy at its best and now Lelouch has to get it back together.
there is only 3 people left that can help him and that's Millay, rivalz and Kallen.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:54   Link #2012
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
I think LElouch figure it out after seeing the scene again.
What a terrible ending no wonder he is go emo pissed because he knows he killed nunnally.
He did it. when Guildford says Live himesama.
He realized it was his command that lead suzaku to shoot what terrible end.
How can one forgive oneself for destroying the very thing that you are living for.
Irony and tragedy at its best and now Lelouch has to get it back together.
there is only 3 people left that can help him and that's Millay, rivalz and Kallen.
And not C.C... <_<

Well, I will wait before saying that C.C. is useless.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:58   Link #2013
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And not C.C... <_<

Well, I will wait before saying that C.C. is useless.
fine 4 people. (if it was Old CC i would have added her but again it might be my biase. but I really think i am being fair in this.)
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:04   Link #2014
Vakir

I consider C.C. kinda useless at this point too. She'll likely come into a bigger role later, but as of now she's too young-at-mind to be of any moderate wisdom or comfort to him.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 23:26   Link #2015
amjzz

I wonder how is going to react lelouch next episode...in the preview he seems very angry at everyone....
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 01:12   Link #2016
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
I wonder how is going to react lelouch next episode...in the preview he seems very angry at everyone....
I think he's going to go on a rampage and rolo and c.c. are going to feel the bulk of it
Old 2008-08-11, 07:24   Link #2017
Leeloo

Seems like CG scripts follow the rule " You reap what you sow". Putting Nunally aside as a person this is the only fitting end for LL, killing his own sister,betrayed,lied to and used. The wheel just turned and LL is on the receiving end.
From the brighter point of view I kinda think LL and Suz will reconcile at the end, both of them seeing they were wrong.
Leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:13   Link #2018
ScudFace

you think so? It seems to me that the hatred between lulu and suzaku deepened considerably these past two eps. Lulu thinks suzaku betrayed him plus more importantly killed his sister and won't hesitate to kill him anymore while suzaku thinks his geass command forced him to commit genocide.
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:21   Link #2019
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
point of view I kinda think LL and Suz will reconcile at the end, both of them seeing they were wrong.
That will be when hell freezes over. Id like to see them again together bonding, but there have been a lot of crap between them during the whole R2 and the last epi was the finishing blow. :/
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:23   Link #2020
Aquaman OS

Yeah but its not like Lelouch is gonna keep his butthurt pissy attitude toward the world much longer.

Not if he's gonna win in the end at any case.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote