AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think you will be playing on in the future...?
NES 2 15.38%
Playstation 1 7.69%
Playstation 2 4 30.77%
Xbox 2 15.38%
P.C 10 76.92%
Dreamcast 2 15.38%
Saturn 1 7.69%
Gameboy 1 7.69%
Gameboy Advance 2 15.38%
A possible future gaming console...like PS3... 7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-29, 10:29   Link #1
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
What do you think you will be playing on in the future...?

Hmmm... I'll be playing on P.C forever! there's nothing that can beat the mighty power of P.C! even consoles...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 00:07   Link #2
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
This is kinda pointless cause, It will either be a future console which we don't know of, or PC. PC is obviously be around the longest, but it's just that future consoles aren't invented yet.. So how are we supposed to know..?

I guess I could take a guess, but I'm sure the PC will never change until a couple more decades.
Old 2004-04-30, 04:30   Link #3
Ialdaboth

Silent Hill 4... Super Robot Taisen MX... Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne in english (miracle of the miracles, the apocalypse must be near indeed)...

I think I am finally going to buy a PS2 T_T

But generally speaking, in terms of quantity and quality, nothing can beat the PC. Especially with all thoses console emulators floating around. ^__^
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 09:35   Link #4
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
This is kinda pointless cause, It will either be a future console which we don't know of, or PC. PC is obviously be around the longest, but it's just that future consoles aren't invented yet.. So how are we supposed to know..?

I guess I could take a guess, but I'm sure the PC will never change until a couple more decades.
Yeah... the only thing that will change is... its hardware... maybe someday there will be a pentium 6 processor at 8.90 ghz...

Anyway i've heard rumors concerning about PS3... that it will be the most powerful console... it could even surpassed mid ranged P.C... is that really true!?
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:47   Link #5
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

onli heard about the pocket ps... no ps3... but i did hear they r upgrading the processer to match xbox's processer. xbox is pretty powerful, too, too bad ps2 controls the market... and well, the pc will probably be the best gaming platform, cos of the constant upgrades. to have better games on a platform, u need a new platform. to have better games on a pc is a natural thing. just wait.
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:27   Link #6
ubb

I wonder how much that ps handheld would cost.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:45   Link #7
Necrodeath

Dude, where's the Gamecube?

Well, I'll be playing on the GC and on the PC for sure, and most likely a future console.
The power of a PC means absolutely nothing if there aren't any games created for that power, and there are no such games.
Consoles just usually have better games. (this my opinion)
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:32   Link #8
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

i wonder how much pocket ps games would cost...

console games r generally action packed or linear rpg... its hard to get a really good fps on a console, cos u can only get the feel with a pc. it basically depends on your taste... i prefer freeform rpgs. and theres only pirates of carribean and (is it in xbox?) morrowinds 3 and knights of the old republic. they r real good, but only 3? and all on xbox...
dont get me wrong, i love Final Fantasy... but it looked better on a good comp than ps/ps2...
regarding games created for the max power of a pc, play homeworld 2... in fact, many current games harness full powers of a good pc, provided u on the game's best graphic options...
but despite all that, they didnt have zone of enders on computer...
Old 2004-05-08, 17:04   Link #9
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblodra
i wonder how much pocket ps games would cost...
"Sony Europe boss Chris Deering has been having a good old chin-wag once again, this time with industry magazine MCV concerning the pricing of the rather exciting Sony PSP. Deering suggested that the UK launch price would be "closer to £200 than £300", with the Japanese price-point of 4,800 Yen translating to about £240, or a hefty $450."

Taken from Ferrago.com

Edit: IMO too expensive, therefor I will not get one.

Last edited by Necrodeath; 2004-05-08 at 17:30.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 22:20   Link #10
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

argh. thx. i guess some things r better left unknown -_-" now ill have to go rob a bank or something, and its because of u... =P