AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-28, 22:54   Link #61
Serp
Moving along....

I know no one probably has an answer for me but what is the deal with CXC scans? Are they gonna keep doing Kamisama dolls or what? They did a good job but kinda stopped. I mean it looks like they quit since they don't list it on their manga reader even though its still there...last I checked. I don't know if its a legal issue or choice.

Anyway, you can tell I really want it to continue.
Old 2011-09-29, 00:51   Link #62
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post
I know no one probably has an answer for me but what is the deal with CXC scans? Are they gonna keep doing Kamisama dolls or what? They did a good job but kinda stopped. I mean it looks like they quit since they don't list it on their manga reader even though its still there...last I checked. I don't know if its a legal issue or choice.

Anyway, you can tell I really want it to continue.
Check the anime thread. I believe someone from the translation group addressed your question. Essentially, there was no interest when the manga came out in 2008 so they sort of petered off. Now that there is an interest due to the anime, they are putting 2 translators on the project to try and get things quickly up to speed.
Old 2011-09-29, 07:54   Link #63
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
However, the Amaterasu that emerged from the cocoon looks exactly the same as the one in Kyouhei's flashback.

In-universe, Aki comments that ancient scrolls describe Amaterasu as a 4-legged kakashi notable for its self regeneration ability.
This description fits the kakashi in the flashback as well as the current Amaterasu before it evolved.

Unless Tokotachi looks the same and has similar abilities as Amaterasu, it can't be the kakashi that Kyouhei already destroyed 8 years ago.
I also thought of the current Amaterasu as the same kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback while I was reading the manga. However, after reading Chapter 54 I had doubts about that statement because in this chapter Mahiru identified the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" but we know that there is only one Amaterasu, not two. Someone would say maybe Mahiru got it wrong but I doubt she was wrong because I don't think Mahiru's eyes got some problem. Mahiru might be right to conclude the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" as she also got invloved in the fight against the kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback. Now, the problem is which kakashi is the real Amaterasu? Is it the current kakashi that everybody is fighting? Or the ruin kakashi that Kyouhei, Mahiru and Aki encountered 8 years ago? The answer still lies with the mangaka himself.

My speculation would be similar to EliteF22 that maybe Amaterasu and Tokotachi are twin kakashis which are similar in appearances but different in terms of the abilities and elements. If you compare the current "Amaterasu" and the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback, you will found that the current "Amaterasu" can float in the air while the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback stayed on the ground the whole time. It may be related to what EliteF22speculated that Amaterasu and Tokotachi are linked to sky and earth deities in Japanese mythology.
Old 2011-09-29, 16:12   Link #64
Nosauz

but then again the previous amaterasu didn't have a seiki lodged in his head, and one that is supposedly a great user to boot too. I'm leaning toward it being the same due to the cocoon which implies that it has been dormant for quite some time.
Old 2011-09-29, 21:54   Link #65
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
I also thought of the current Amaterasu as the same kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback while I was reading the manga. However, after reading Chapter 54 I had doubts about that statement because in this chapter Mahiru identified the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" but we know that there is only one Amaterasu, not two. Someone would say maybe Mahiru got it wrong but I doubt she was wrong because I don't think Mahiru's eyes got some problem. Mahiru might be right to conclude the ruin kakashi as "Amaterasu" as she also got invloved in the fight against the kakashi in Kyouhei's flashback. Now, the problem is which kakashi is the real Amaterasu? Is it the current kakashi that everybody is fighting? Or the ruin kakashi that Kyouhei, Mahiru and Aki encountered 8 years ago? The answer still lies with the mangaka himself.

My speculation would be similar to EliteF22 that maybe Amaterasu and Tokotachi are twin kakashis which are similar in appearances but different in terms of the abilities and elements. If you compare the current "Amaterasu" and the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback, you will found that the current "Amaterasu" can float in the air while the "Amaterasu" in Kyouhei's flashback stayed on the ground the whole time. It may be related to what EliteF22speculated that Amaterasu and Tokotachi are linked to sky and earth deities in Japanese mythology.
I was thinking that it is possible for Amaterasu and Tokotachi look the same considering how Utao and Kirio look the same. I know that sounds weird but consider this; the birth of Utao and Kirio was symbolic of the revival of both Kakashi? I don't regard trading kids equal to a scandal there had to be more depth to it. What would make it fair is if one of those kids was really special in some way. I don't know...sounded better when I thought of it.
Old 2011-10-22, 03:00   Link #66
zzhk
Summary Machine

There should be no ambiguity that the current Amaterasu is the same kakashi that Kyouhei destroyed 8 years ago.
Well, here are the facts:

Ch. 23, the politician Hirashiro mentions that at some point in time, he unearthed Amaterasu and sent it to old man Hyuga (to keep him occupied).

Ch. 44, Aki says he stole some ancient scrolls and identified the monster kakashi they encountered as Amaterasu.

Ch. 46, Old man Hyuga describes how over the years, fate has given him all the pieces he needs -- and Kirio is one of them.
Old man Hyuga also points out that a couple years ago, Amaterasu woke up and rampaged a bit, referring to Kyouhei, Aki and Mahiru's incident.
This means that the Amaterasu in old man Hyuga's possession is the same monster kakashi that Aki etc encountered,
After its destruction by Kyouhei, old man Hyuga must have gathered the pieces and left it to regenerate in the cave over the years.

Ch. 54, Mahiru seems a bit hesitant in recognizing the ruined kakashi before saying it's Amaterasu.
Since she is looking at the surroundings, my opinion is that she is recognizing the location of their previous encounter rather than identifying the strange husk on the ground.
Since Amaterasu and Tokotachi were destroyed in the same incident, it is likely that Tokotachi's ruins are in the same area.
Hence, I'm more inclined to think Kuuko found Tokotachi instead.
Otherwise, that would mean Hirashiro, old man Hyuga and Aki are all wrong in identifying Amaterasu.

So this gives us a possible timeline:

Ancient times, Amaterasu and Tokotachi are mutually destroyed.

Around 2 decades ago, Hirashiro excavated the old shrine and gave Amaterasu to old man Hyuga.

A decade plus a bit, when Utao and Kirio are born, old man Hyuga decides to call in some debts and pick up the rumored ultimate seki (gets Kirio).

8 years ago, Amaterasu wakes up prematurely due to Aki etc, but is destroyed by Kyouhei.

Currently, old man Hyuga feeds Kirio to Amaterasu, resulting in the 4 legged form identical to the one 8 years ago.
After being heavily damaged by Kyouhei, Amaterasu enters another cocoon stage, and emerges as the current flying fortress form.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:49   Link #67
kadaj1st

reading the manga after watched the anime
kukuri kyouhei is too IMBA
no beam charge
multiple beam shot
and if kukuri got it's hands idk what will happen to amaterasu

form watching the anime i thought that hyuuga is the villain
but reading the manga both clans are crazy
i just hope after or during the amaterasu arc
aki slaughter both clan
Old 2011-10-25, 22:59   Link #68
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
There should be no ambiguity that the current Amaterasu is the same kakashi that Kyouhei destroyed 8 years ago.
Well, here are the facts:

Ch. 23, the politician Hirashiro mentions that at some point in time, he unearthed Amaterasu and sent it to old man Hyuga (to keep him occupied).

Ch. 44, Aki says he stole some ancient scrolls and identified the monster kakashi they encountered as Amaterasu.

Ch. 46, Old man Hyuga describes how over the years, fate has given him all the pieces he needs -- and Kirio is one of them.
Old man Hyuga also points out that a couple years ago, Amaterasu woke up and rampaged a bit, referring to Kyouhei, Aki and Mahiru's incident.
This means that the Amaterasu in old man Hyuga's possession is the same monster kakashi that Aki etc encountered,
After its destruction by Kyouhei, old man Hyuga must have gathered the pieces and left it to regenerate in the cave over the years.

Ch. 54, Mahiru seems a bit hesitant in recognizing the ruined kakashi before saying it's Amaterasu.
Since she is looking at the surroundings, my opinion is that she is recognizing the location of their previous encounter rather than identifying the strange husk on the ground.
Since Amaterasu and Tokotachi were destroyed in the same incident, it is likely that Tokotachi's ruins are in the same area.
Hence, I'm more inclined to think Kuuko found Tokotachi instead.
Otherwise, that would mean Hirashiro, old man Hyuga and Aki are all wrong in identifying Amaterasu.

So this gives us a possible timeline:

Ancient times, Amaterasu and Tokotachi are mutually destroyed.

Around 2 decades ago, Hirashiro excavated the old shrine and gave Amaterasu to old man Hyuga.

A decade plus a bit, when Utao and Kirio are born, old man Hyuga decides to call in some debts and pick up the rumored ultimate seki (gets Kirio).

8 years ago, Amaterasu wakes up prematurely due to Aki etc, but is destroyed by Kyouhei.

Currently, old man Hyuga feeds Kirio to Amaterasu, resulting in the 4 legged form identical to the one 8 years ago.
After being heavily damaged by Kyouhei, Amaterasu enters another cocoon stage, and emerges as the current flying fortress form.
Has the next chapter been released in Japan?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:07   Link #69
zzhk
Summary Machine

The magazine comes out monthly every 19th, so Ch. 58 should be out.

I haven't seen any scans so far though.
Old 2011-10-30, 22:08   Link #70
tsunade666

thanks for the spoiler summaries. It really helps.
Old 2011-11-08, 10:40   Link #71
Sides

Looks like Mahiru is back being a seki, plus she's got new cute outfit ^^
Old 2011-11-09, 12:27   Link #72
kadaj1st

Spoiler for chapter 58:

really hope kyouhei back as a seki using kukuri or another dolls
utao is too weak and useless
Old 2011-11-18, 09:03   Link #73
zzhk
Summary Machine

Spoiler for Ch. 58 Summary:

Spoiler for Mahiru's new look:
Old 2011-11-18, 09:17   Link #74
tomtkp

Quote:
Spoiler for Ch. 58 Summary:

Spoiler for Mahiru's new look:
Spoiler for Chapter 58:
Old 2011-11-19, 08:10   Link #75
zzhk
Summary Machine

Mahiru sure doesn't disappoint.
Plenty of Mahiru goodness in the next chapter.

Spoiler for Ch. 59:
Old 2011-11-19, 08:33   Link #76
youknowme

Quote:

Spoiler for Ch. 59:
Awesome. Thanks for the update.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:39   Link #77
KilluaX90

Spoiler for chapter 59:

And Mahiru looks great in her new outfit
Old 2011-11-19, 09:50   Link #78
tomtkp

Quote:

Spoiler for Ch. 59:

Spoiler for Chapter 59:
Old 2011-11-19, 10:05   Link #79
Tenchi Hou Take

Why the flying hell is noone scantalating this? I wouldn't even mind if the skipped the chapters the anime covered, but we need a group on this stat.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:31   Link #80
Cyblaster
Lurker

Ch. 60 is out.

Spoiler for Ch.60:
Closed Thread