AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 113 61.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 24.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.54%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-29, 06:39   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Zero - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:37   Link #2
Yuna Amakura

Man, Rider is SO AMAZING!
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:43   Link #3
alumnox

For the ones who needs the link.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1319860332
Old 2011-10-29, 11:07   Link #4
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Dang, another fantastic episode. I can say there is not a single servent/master that doesn't at the very least intrigue me. Keeps things a constant interest for me.

Once again the battle was beautifully choreographed and while I was a bit put off at first by how Berserker was kind of CG looking, it wasn't too distracting and he was still animated very well.

And jeez isn't Saber sure popular.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:18   Link #5
Horse

The previous episode was more impressive IMHO but I'll take what I can get. I didn't mind Berserker being CG at all and the BGM was also pretty nice.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait 4 episodes for another fight. Oh yea, Rider continues being awesome.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:22   Link #6
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Been waiting for this. Berserker is OP. Rider is awesome.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:23   Link #7
Tailong

Yeah only complain was Berserker being CGish..., though I think is because of his fog around him maybe?, but as the fight progressed I didn't mind it anymore, such a nice episode this one was!
Tailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:42   Link #8
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailong View Post
Yeah only complain was Berserker being CGish..., though I think is because of his fog around him maybe?, but as the fight progressed I didn't mind it anymore, such a nice episode this one was!
What's wrong with CG? It was some god awesome scene that cannot be recreated by any other method. ufotable caught two bird in one stone using this; decreasing time and budget but increasing quality.

Beside, detail on Berserker was just ridiculously good. Red flashing eyes and dark auras... every single movement was flowing with awesomeness and power.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-10-29 at 11:46. Reason: other stuffs about berserker
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:45   Link #9
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yeah, I don't really see what's people problem with CG's. As long as they flow with the rest of the ensemble I don't really see what's the big deal.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:56   Link #10
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

It's official. The Rider/Waver team is the one thing that's making this show awesome for me. Besides the Caster team (which is also interesting in its own way), the others are only okay.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:02   Link #11
LunarMoon

Holy crap, that was great. Every character received development and it had the perfect balance of action and story. The plot also seems to be moving along at a wonderful pace. This is was, quite possibly, the best episode yet.

-From the looks of it, it seems that any respect that Lancer had for his master just evaporated after what he did
-All the other servants seem to be in love with Rider after he showed off how bro he truly is.
-I had been waiting for the confrontation between Waver and Archibald. It seems that he's even more of an ass than he appeared to be during his introduction.
-Seeing Kariya troll Tokiomi was epic.
-Caster is creepy as always.
-I love how Saber's injury is going to be a consistent issue for a while without being swept away.
-Nice to see Rider standing up for Waver.
-Seeing, the usually calm and controlled, Saber angry is absolutely hilarious. It seems like everyone's revealing their identities, now.

Last edited by LunarMoon; 2011-10-29 at 12:28.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:02   Link #12
hoarfrost

The end of volume one. So we'll end this season with volume two which has my favourite sequences in the entire story to be honest.

One thing I have to say is about the confrontation between Kayneth and Waver. In the anime it's made out to mostly be about Waver's fear of being killed in a duel between magi. But there should have been more emphasis on the humiliation inflicted on him by Kayneth than that. They're playing up the humour aspect of Waver and detracting from the serious aspect.

Kayneth gets some seriously nasty burns on Waver during that scene in the novel.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:04   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yet another seriously good episode. It didn't have to top last weeks, just deliver with what i want to see from such an adaptation, and it did just that.

I really liked the CG for Berserker. Really don't think his battle scenes could have been done any other way. Guess you'll just always have the people that will bash CG, even if it's good looking.

Gotta love the amount of respect these heroes have for one another (well, except the Gilgamesh). Really makes this show such a treat to watch. So hope we get to see the second round of Saber vs Lancer, though anything can happen in this show, so i won't get my hopes up.

Last scene was damn creepy, though that's what i've come to expect from Caster.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:06   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My wish from after watching the previous episode is fulfilled! I can finally see Berserker! and a nice one at that ^_^.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:24   Link #15
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I was also initially put off by Berserker being CG, but stop caring immediately after seeing him in motion. They did a great job with this episode, I love how Rider's actions basically drove ever Servant out into the open, one way or another.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:33   Link #16
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Am I the only one who finds it odd that after Berserker so brilliantly fended off Archer, he got so easily roflstomped by Rider?

Still, this episode continues the exceptionally high quality of the series. I cannot really ask for more.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:35   Link #17
Tailong

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
What's wrong with CG? It was some god awesome scene that cannot be recreated by any other method. ufotable caught two bird in one stone using this; decreasing time and budget but increasing quality.

Beside, detail on Berserker was just ridiculously good. Red flashing eyes and dark auras... every single movement was flowing with awesomeness and power.
I think you guys misunderstood my post I was kind of disappointed when I saw cg berserker, because it was the first servant that was using this method of animation( to my knowledge) and I thought he wasn't going to fit into the action sequence with the rest of them, but as soon as he started moving and kicking ass it looked good to me.
Tailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:36   Link #18
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Another high quality animation from Ufotable...
Y OTHER STUDIO NO MAKES THEIR ANIMATION AS GOOD AS THIS??!!!

A superb 10 points for me...
Very enjoy watching this episode...

EDIT:
Nothing wrong with CG. I think CG makes Berserker looks better than other servants because CG really brings out the red vazor he is wearing, and of course those black smokes is awesome...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:47   Link #19
ZeKeR
Superbad

I'm loving Berserker.

as true to his name, Iskander really deserves the moniker "The Great Rider of Macedon".

If berserker is Mordred... brix will be shat... as Saber's gonna rage. HARD.

what happened to the derpy Caster and his faggot-like twisted master?
Old 2011-10-29, 12:51   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Am I the only one who finds it odd that after Berserker so brilliantly fended off Archer, he got so easily roflstomped by Rider?
Remember that Berserker is, as the class name implies, completely deprived of his sanity. As suggested by kariya's comment, Berserker was tasked to face off Archer, so it was more or less prepared and focused on him.
But after that, it is a complete different matter: notice how he completely snapped when he saw Saber and charged her: he basically didn't care of anything so long he doesn't detect it as a "threat" (hence why, even without reason, he didn't attack Lancer after Kayneth's order), so he was basically left open when Rider charged him.

Remember that due to the nature of the class, Berserker has -no- defensive instinct whatsoever, hence why Servants were wondering if he is really from the Berserker class when he could "block" Archer's attacks.