AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 09:06   Link #381
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea when I saw a bandit with glass armor I just facepalmed. "Why are you robbing people? that armor its self is worth A LOT... idiot..."
Old 2011-11-05, 10:33   Link #382
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Why can't they follow the simple formula, "farther you go, stronger the enemy gets"?

Fallout 3 had it wrong thanks to the random spawning system, when out of nowhere a Giant Radscorp would rape a level 2 char.
the diif
New vegas got it right, the strongest creatures prevent you from shortcutting to Vegas. And because of this, the main quest to get there feels linear and the difficulty level is scaled.

Last edited by Tong; 2011-11-05 at 10:46.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 11:21   Link #383
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Why can't they follow the simple formula, "farther you go, stronger the enemy gets"?

Fallout 3 had it wrong thanks to the random spawning system, when out of nowhere a Giant Radscorp would rape a level 2 char.
the diif
New vegas got it right, the strongest creatures prevent you from shortcutting to Vegas. And because of this, the main quest to get there feels linear and the difficulty level is scaled.
Nope. Just make all the difficult areas clearly dangerous so you won't enter them accidentally, then just put in proportional rewards. No need to link danger to travel distance. If anything it should be possible to reach major towns without danger if you stick to guarded roads.

I am against any sort of scaling. Just fix the items and monster from the start. And "linear" isn't something one associates with TES.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:25   Link #384
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Who cares if there's scaling in monsters? As long as you get the game for PC, there's almost nothing mods can't fix. You should get it for PC anyway, not just because scaling fixes, but because of the sheer amount of free content you can add with mods as well as fixed and improvements to various things.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:32   Link #385
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I like the feel that I can't go to any place in the world and be in a even match, I wonna be able to go to a area, realize i don't stand a chance and leave and come back when I'm powerfuler.. OR come up with a strategy or inlist help from merc's or have a life threatening fight where I'm very cautions about attacking and always taking the defensive.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:46   Link #386
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Who cares if there's scaling in monsters? As long as you get the game for PC, there's almost nothing mods can't fix. You should get it for PC anyway, not just because scaling fixes, but because of the sheer amount of free content you can add with mods as well as fixed and improvements to various things.
Scaling was everything wrong with Oblivion. It is now not as bad in Fallout3 and Skyrim, but it is still there. And scaling is never designed to make a better game; it is designed to make the game easier to make.

And mod scaling fixes will never be as good as if Bethesda abandon scaling all together.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:05   Link #387
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea when I saw a bandit with glass armor I just facepalmed. "Why are you robbing people? that armor its self is worth A LOT... idiot..."
They were rich bandits. Due to their poshness they wanted only the best, which was Daedric. As for when they're wearing daedric armor please don't ask me. They probably convinced themselves there was fancier and much more stylish high-end armor out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post

the diif
I actually liked how New Vegas presented its enemies. At least if I got killed by a super mutant master it'd be my own fault.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:12   Link #388
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I love having at least a few monsters in a zone/area that would smush you if you were lazily slicing your way through greens/blues on mental automatic. I still remember the first time I ran into the Devilsaurus in WoW ... hadn't had that kind of "rut ro, George" since the original EQ eons before.
Old 2011-11-06, 16:40   Link #389
killer3000ad

http://www.gameanyone.com/X360/The_E..._V_Skyrim.html

This site has a 5 hour video of a playthrough. Apparently since the source is a review copy it's legit and Bethesda hasn't taken it down yet. Watch it if you want to be spoiled
Old 2011-11-06, 20:19   Link #390
Dist

And why would anyone want to get spoiled? Takes down a notch from excitement, at least for me :x. Which is why I've not watched any play-through videos or anything .. Just watched some screenshots to get the general idea of how it looks like. I know what to expect from ES series anyway, only this time, it'll be much better.. Well, I hope so anyway.

Anyway, just four days to go .. This is the first single player game for PC that I have bought in like.. ever? Should show just how much I am expecting from this game. I hope I won't be let down :x
Old 2011-11-06, 21:52   Link #391
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

This is probably my most anticipated game this year... I loved oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I only expect good things from Skyrim.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:53   Link #392
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And why would anyone want to get spoiled? Takes down a notch from excitement, at least for me :x. Which is why I've not watched any play-through videos or anything .. Just watched some screenshots to get the general idea of how it looks like. I know what to expect from ES series anyway, only this time, it'll be much better.. Well, I hope so anyway.

Anyway, just four days to go .. This is the first single player game for PC that I have bought in like.. ever? Should show just how much I am expecting from this game. I hope I won't be let down :x
Fascinating, was spinning through channels and noted that Inside Edition had an article on the game... for it to creep into that crowd's radar is pretty extensive permeation.
Old 2011-11-07, 03:30   Link #393
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Skyrim's Theme song translation

Each of the translations kindasortamaybe fits the singing xD

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:51   Link #394
Aqua Knight

I don't know, but the " for the sole single son" line cracks me up.
Old 2011-11-07, 08:37   Link #395
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I think that when Skyrim come out..everyone social life is going to the end...

Including my....

So what excuse you will take with your wives or girlfriends?

, i just have more excuse to say to my girlfriend for play this game...

I know.., i'm going to be killed this time...
Old 2011-11-07, 11:30   Link #396
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
This is probably my most anticipated game this year... I loved oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I only expect good things from Skyrim.
No Guns/VATS for you buddy

And this better be a GFWL game, so I may fill my Xbox account with moar points!
Old 2011-11-07, 17:27   Link #397
Dist

What's a GFWL?

... 3 more days ... ._.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:36   Link #398
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I think that when Skyrim come out..everyone social life is going to the end...

Including my....

So what excuse you will take with your wives or girlfriends?

, i just have more excuse to say to my girlfriend for play this game...

I know.., i'm going to be killed this time...
Just be honest and tell them you got stuff to do on the 11th for a few days.
Good thing its a friday...
I am quite picky when it comes to combat systems so I hope I would not be disappointed.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:54   Link #399
Dist

Picky about combat systems? You will definitely be disappointed if you're looking for something complex. Elder Scrolls is all about swinging your sword rapidly right and left and then blocking the incoming blows in time, and then whacking some more.

Well looks like in Skyrim magic can actually play a part in the combat so I hope it'll feel different from Oblivion but well.. Combat isn't what people are looking for in Elder Scrolls.. Or that's how I feel anyway. It's the exploration of the vast world, doing hundreds of quests and be whoever you want to be .. good or evil .

Oh and about Friday.. it depends when you'll get the game. Some of us are going for the midnight release, so we'll be playing it already in the midnight between Thursday and Friday meaning that if we have work/school at the following morning.. Well don't expect us to be there >.<
Old 2011-11-07, 21:03   Link #400
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If they wanted to. They could destroy everyone's social life by combining all the landscape in the entire Elder Scrolls series into one single game.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim